[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SPLINTER CELL THREAD, NIGGERS!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
SPLINTER CELL THREAD, NIGGERS!
>>
File: 1463431587694.jpg (56 KB, 320x360) Image search: [Google]
1463431587694.jpg
56 KB, 320x360
>>337837781
Fixed your pic, OP.
>>
>>337837781
Pretty influential. Probably inspired MGS4 and TLOU
>>
>>337837781
>aging and then de-aging

how does he do it?
>>
>>337837781
anyone else hate how they changed him into jack bowers in the newest one.
>>
>>337838441
I never did quite understand that, either... Like, in the very first Splinter Cell he's in his 40's I believe, putting him in his mid to late 50's by the time Blacklist rolls around... I.. What?

>>337838312
Conviction wasn't a terrible game, it was just too different from what Splinter Cell set itself up to be, unfortunately and people don't like change.

Having said that, I think it's a decent enough game if you follow the story of the series, and it makes sense, but I feel like it should have been a side-game of sorts, because it is not, in essence, a Splinter Cell game.

Blacklist actually grounded itself a little bit more and gave you options. Go in with a full frontal assault or stick to the shadows and sneak by everybody. It's still very different from anything released on XBox, but it's still a good game.
>>
>>337838836
Grim joking about his age probably made him feel like so he started using those skin products
>>
>>337839038
>feel like shit
Fuck
>>
>>337838836
Blacklist on perfectionist is very close to being as good as the original trilogy, they're on the right track
>>
>>337837781
Syphon Filter did it better
>>
>>337838836
>and people don't like change

If the change removes stuff and adds absolutely nothing worthwhile it's objectively bad change.
There has been good change in this series, like adding a sound meter and sound masking, or giving Sam a knife to break open locks, pushing doors open slowly through movment.
Those were all fantastic changes.
>>
>>337839132
Exactly, perfectionist is the only way to play Blacklist, honestly. I've played on Normal and holy hell is it boring.

I do think they're back on track and I'm hoping they announce something at this year's E3, but I'm also hoping they don't bring it into open world territory.. And that it doesn't have Sam as the lead anymore. He deserves a rest.

>>337839198
I would absolutely love to have a new Syphon Filter game, alas, that will never happen.

>>337839201
I will admit that of all the things they have changed, the sound meter is the one thing I miss the most. Chaos Theory and original XBox Double Agent were absolutely amazing gameplay wise, but after that, where could they have gone? They literally perfected that formula.

Unfortunately they used the Splinter Cell name to sell a concept that didn't fit the series' reputation. Conviction is a decent game. The mark and execute feature rewards you playing a little more aggressively, which is how the developers wanted you to play. Mark some shitbags, run up to one you haven't marked, melee him, execute the marked enemies, feel like a badass.

Some people don't like that though and feel it was an EZ mode, which I can't say isn't entirely true, however it's how the game was "meant to be played". If it didn't have the Splinter Cell name attached to it, I think it would have worked quite well for them.

And don't get started on that Jason Bourne game that ripped off mark and execute. It had flaws of it's own and because Splniter Cell already did it, it was a blatant rip-off and people often times respond negatively to rip-offs.

I just wonder how Splinter Creed would have worked...
>>
File: infiltration_successful.jpg (13 KB, 225x360) Image search: [Google]
infiltration_successful.jpg
13 KB, 225x360
>>
>>337839952
They could have perfected CT's systems.
There were flaws like your siluette being disregarded by guards even if the wall behind you was well lit just because you yourself are standing in darkness.
AI could have gotten better tools to investigate suspicious activity, the flares were a cool start.
Making your silencers less effective the more shots you fire would make it less easy to just snipe lights.
They could have done so much cool shit to improve stealth, yet they opted for casual friendly easy mode grabage wich turned it into a dumb action stealth game completely uninteresting to the fans of these games.

Not only that they ruined the gameplay, but they also ruined the writing, which is very important in stealth games.
Guard banter, the communication to the team, interrogation of enemies.
All those got replaced with your standard dry military speak, chaly alpha six, we are oscar mike.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.