[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wasn't it as good as Bloodborne /v/? What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
Why wasn't it as good as Bloodborne /v/? What went wrong?
>>
It wasn't a PS4 exclusive.
>>
Because it wasn't a new world with new lore and interesting setting.
>>
>>337832918
If it didn't have fan service and was a completely new world a la DaS2 would you have liked it more?
>>
The setting was the same old boring Dark Souls
The bosses were big dudes with fire swords or stupid Demons Souls-tier gimmick fights
The PVP and covenants were broken garbage
The areas are way too linear and the game suffers from bottlenecking you at multiple places
Some design decisions like removing poise and armor upgrading, but keeping weight is completely retarded
Weapons are completely unbalanced and there is practically no reason not to use a straight sword
The lore solves nothing and just leaves the whole series in a huge question pool of unsolved garbage
The enemies and bosses are faster than sonic on steroids but the player is the same old lumbering fat faggot as always in Souls, making the game feel ridiculously unfun to play

Its a fun game but fuck me, I don't want to replay it at all right now.
>>
>>337833415
you sound bad. also youre much faster in das3 than you are in das1
>>
>tfw the one game that does magic right also has it be shit

DaS 1 and 2 had the shittiest magic system ever and I was terrified to ever use a spell because you were so limited in spell quantity that using a spell on anything other than a boss felt soul crushing

DaS 3 finally makes magic feel right but it SUCKS
>>
>>337833884
I've completed the game on SL1 m8, you can stop going with the
>ur just bad lul
argument anytime.

Being slightly faster than DS1 still doesn't do shit when bosses like Gundyr or Pontiff are so fast.

Its not that its 2hard4me, its that its annoying and blatantly unfun to play with anything other than a katana/straightsword
>>
lol

DaS = DaS3 > DeS > BB > DaS2
>>
>>337834132
Pontiff isn't even fast, his moveset is a slower and more telegraphed False King Allant without soulsucking and without the more dickish moves or the shockwaves.

Gundyr is hard until you learn to parry him, and you can parry him for that very reason.
>>
>>337834204
>Placing DaS first
101 sign of nostalgiafaggotry
>>
too many people misusing summons and guides, watching youtube videos - therefore ruining the experience then crying on image boards all around the world
>>
>>337834386
He's a pcuck.

They've started putting DaS2 last to try to make it less obvious.
>>
>>337834361
And parrying makes him into a literal bitch.
>>
>>337834386
joint first
>>
>>337834662
????????
>>
>>337833012
Yes. Say what you want about the decisions that DS2 devs did, but trying to do their own thing instead being unable to stand as a standalone game was a good decision
>>
>>337833012
Actually, yes. Minus the reincarnated versions of old lords and that shit.
>>
>>337834771
>DaS = DaS3
>>
>>337834386
It might have some terrible background and big textures, it might have a meta focused around backstabbing an outdated graphics. But everything is forgiven by good map desing
>>
>>337835157
Good map design doesn't save the bosses from being 95% shit, the game falling off in quality after Anor Londo, and a bunch of other unbalanced garbage that it has.
>>
>>337832659
Poise is broken.
>>
>>337835546
poise fucking sucked anyway

good riddance

das3 has the best pvp of the series hands down
>>
>>337832659
>rehashed NPCs, weapons, enemies, spells, areas.
>no fun builds aside from sword or sometimes big sword
>boring areas
>ramificated path that dont connect the world, just leave you with a sense of linearity
>little to no verticality in the world
>horrible pvp
>fucked up convenants
>poise stat but no poise
>same old fucking story and endings that doesnt end the story

It has good bosses and skyboxes though.
>>
>>337836021
>forced to tank 2 hits because poise literally doesnt exist
>this means if you get hit once you pretty much die from one combo because R1 - L2 - R1 combos do over 1.7k damage
yaaaaah best pvp eveeeer
>>
>>337836590
>Mad FUGS casual scrub
>>
>>337836780
>pvp fag gets told the truth
>ur just bad lul i bet u use (weapon I disapprove of) woowo duude ur so baaad
Why am I not surprised.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.