[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: games which will probably never happen, but you really wish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: rvbdyAi.jpg (42 KB, 472x415) Image search: [Google]
rvbdyAi.jpg
42 KB, 472x415
I'll start it off with an idea I got from a youtube video:

A WWII game set in mainland Asia. Seriously, the war there ranged over a much wider area, and lasted twice as long as anywhere else.

It's also a lot more vicious and exciting than the war in Europe was... YES, the spears in pic related were probably used in actual combat at some point. *Both* sides used human wave tactics, the Chinese had suicide bombers, and your standard anti-tank weapon was basically a grenade on a stick.

Think of Red Dead Redemption crossed with Just Cause, only instead of Bandits and Indians you've got feudal warlords and the People's Liberation Army, and instead of a weak jingoistic regime you're facing the might of Imperial Japan.

I want a game in which I can ride a horse or a camel! into battle, rely on bayonets more often than bullets, and spend an hour trying to figure out how the fuck to stop a rampaging Type-89 before reinforcements show up, all at the same time.
>>
Balkan Theater WW2
You could play as Germans, Ustase, Italians, chetniks or Yugoslav partisans. This Theater is pretty much forgotten even though it had some of the bloodiest fighting and a shit load of war crimes
>>
>>337825526
A total war set in mainland asia. With factions like Qing china, korea, japan, thailand, mongolia, Russia, Siam, Vietnam etc.
>>
>>337825526
i rather play a game where japs are raping chinks and gooks
>>
>>337828882
Why is there no pacific theatre campaign that ends in us being able to drop the bomb on Hiroshima as a cinematic bonus?
>>
A dynasty warriors' like game set in the Warlord Era Republican China

>tfw you will never fight alongside the Jade Marshall against Chiang Kai Shek and his Nationalists
>>
>>337829883
When you're charging in to do your musou,everyone is gonna mow you down with maxims
>>
>>337827996
What time period? Qing covers a time frame from 1644-1912.

Having it at the start, you can get the Qing vs Ming conflict to set the stage. If you put it later, maybe during the opium wars, you can have the Meiji Restoration occur in-game, but there'll be interference from European powers.
>>
>>337825526
WWII eastern front game with a German and Soviet campaign (I know about RO2, but the RO2 campaign is shit and the multiplayer gets boring after awhile due to the lack of guns and vehicles)
>>
>>337825526
An RTS/CityBuilder/4X hybrid.

>Start off developing your nation from the stone age
>Keep transitioning through the years
>War with other people on your planet in RTS format
>Keep developing technology and warring/peace treaty/whatever until you control your planet
>Have to maintain multiple major cities across the world
>eventually technology is good enough that you expand to space and start colonizing
>Now you try to take over the galaxy
>>
>>337830226
Maybe decline of Qing, somewhere from a century before the Taiping all the way to the republican era
>>
>>337830084
The Republican Chinese had less than one HMG for every 100 men. Heck, they often didn't even have enough rifles for them all. Dynasty Warriors could definitely work.
>>
>>337830437
So spore?
>>
>>337830437
>>337830649
What Spore promised, not what Spore delivered?
>>
>>337830618
>>337830618
No wonder they got their shit pushed in by the japs
>>
>>337830649
No. Spore doesn't give you the ability to manage cities at the same level of Sim City or Cities Skylines. Spore also doesn't transition through ages similar to games like Empire Earth. And I certainly do not recall the space portion of Spore having proper 4X elements like Gal Civ. All of these used as examples.
>>
>>337830852
The IJA was woefully behind the times as well, which was part of the reason they didn't do so well against America. Also, they didn't have the manpower to retain control of all China...

Basically, the entire reason they went to war in the Pacific was to grab some islands rich in resources they needed to keep on fighting in the massive money sink China had become for them.
>>
>>337831419
Imagine, had Japan just stayed out of America's way, attain the islands it needed, conquered the southern asian nations, established itself the a super power of asia, America wouldnt have had a reason to open its flood gates sending reinforcements to fight the Germans

Imagine if Japan conquered west USA. WE COULDVE BEEN JAPANESE
THIS COULDVE BEEN NEW JAPAN
>>
A real time tactical strategy game where you're a chief Constable of a capital city district at a time of civil unrest (French revolution style setting with a tech tree involving muskets/rifles, cavalry, cannons etc), you have to suppress and stop rioting whilst also managing your police force and training your men at a HQ, I guess it would play like X-com where permadeath is on and you may have to choose which riot you are going to stop (you can train Lieutenants later in the game when you rank up in importance, but the number of riots increases as well) but there are also 'ringleaders' of the revolutionary groups with their own special perks that you can either detain or kill, a bit like the nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor.
>>
>>337832008
Japan would've never been able to even take Alaska
>>
>>337832008
>Imagine if Japan conquered west USA. WE COULDVE BEEN JAPANESE
Well thank god they didn't. Imperial Japan was incompetent and shitty, m8. I'm surprised people don't shit on them as much as the Italians.
>>
>>337832008
Japan could never have conquered the US, and never intended to do so. The Japanese line of thought went like this:

>We're fighting China, and need supplies (especially oil)
>US doesn't like our war, and has already declared an embargo of these goods against us
>The resources we need can be found in what are now British and Dutch colonies, but the US will probably declare war on us if we do (if only to protect the Philippines, the juiciest target of all).
>The US are weaklings who don't like war though.
>If we attack them first and do lots of damage, they'll sue for peace.

Boy, were they wrong.
>>
>>337832352
Sounds interesting, although realistically I'd imagine the situation would escalate out of control far faster from your interference. (Pre-modern riot control tends to boil down to "kill all the rioters as an example for those to come".)

Maybe if you put a bit of a dystopian spin on it, and made it so that there are multiple factions in the wrong, it could work. Something like inter-war Germany, with an ineffectual government, and radical Nazi and Commie parties vying for popular support.
>>
NANKING NO HAPPEN
>>
File: sw.jpg (264 KB, 1207x904) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
264 KB, 1207x904
>>337825526
pic related
>>
>>337836509
this
>>
I have more fun fantasising about my dream games then actually playing games.
>>
WWIII Cold War gone hot game, any kind would do really. Thanks for nothing Johan
>>
File: 192.jpg (41 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
192.jpg
41 KB, 640x360
>>337836509
It's called "Pen&Paper RPG", and runs on the IMAGINATION wetware driver.
>>
>>337825526
CHAPTER

MASTER
>>
>>337830226

Given how Total War releases work, you would probably end up with both, one in the the base game and one in the expansion/expansion pretending to be a full price standalone.
>>
File: tmp_2387-14249219751542094587194.jpg (246 KB, 1000x1523) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2387-14249219751542094587194.jpg
246 KB, 1000x1523
Chromatic Dragon simulator.
>pick your color
>start in certain area depending on your color as a youngling fighting trolls and eating livestock
>explore a large medieval world with several humanoid races doing their thing, your primary goal is to make them your bitch
>many caves and old city/fort ruins to make into your lair, complete with a very aesthetically pleasing treasure mound
>time progression element similar to Shadow of Mordor where you sleep for years and the world ages around you
>many ways to play, you can be a raging red that scorches the earth or a cunning green that hits caravans for humanoid slaves
>>
>>337825526
A generic military shooter with the twist being its a Turn Based RPG
>>
>>337825526
A WW2 FPS game where you get to play as the nazis, maybe even a alternate future where you help win the war and nazis take over
Basically where the nazis are seen as the good guys (so wofenstien new order does not count)
>>
>>337825526
I want an RPG where you have no active control of the fighters involved during battle. You roll them up, design their fight styles in your head, and fill out a huge list of if/then commands (what the original Dragon Age tried to do) and turn them loose to fight. You control them between battles and make dialogue/equipment/skill point allotment decisions, but they handle the fights themselves and you can adjust their settings after combat.
>>
>>337838618
Worst reply ever.
Not funny.
Boring.
Eat feces faggot.
Die.
>>
>>337830427
A campaign would be RO2's singleplayer with more hate, racism, and extermination squads for the first half of the game and then more hate, racism, mass murdering and full on rape of the German civilian population.
>>
>>337832990
Good planes and decent navy

Japan's problem is their lack of an industrial base to maintain the war
>>
I would love to see a 30 years war game.
>>
>>337836509
Nice bait, though it does make me wish I could do programming. Was a real blow when I realised Im too much of a normie to work in the video games industry, but not enough of a normie to do anything productive.
>>
>>337833058
They absolutely fucked Pearl Habour

They missed every single important objectives
>>
File: 1461859543865.gif (3 MB, 222x379) Image search: [Google]
1461859543865.gif
3 MB, 222x379
>>337825526
>tfw grandma gets away with calling nips "Orientals"
>>
>>337840874
Industrially they were fucked, and I doubt they could have ever taken Pearl Harbor, let alone threaten the west coast, but I don't think the split between the Army and Navy in strategic aims really helped.
>>
>>337827996
Honestly not interested in that kind of game ebcause I know nothing of the history and characters from the time.
>>
>>337840874
Their naval doctrine was behind the US. They still believed in big gun battleships rather than carrier groups
>>
>>337839628
I desperately want an evil lord simulator not dissimilar from this. Also a new Tecmo's Deception where you aren't a poor, misunderstood person in a bad spot - you're really trying to straight up murder these heroes invading your dungeon.
>>
>>337841230
Their objective was not to take Pearl Habour but to damage enough their army and industry in a single blow so they would left them alone in their asian conquests

They absolutely fucked up when it came to destroying the right targets. So the "REMEMBER PEARL HARBOUR" was a massive military loss
>>
>>337841431
I just want a fresh total war, classic antiquity has been done to death with its HOPLITE SPAM
>>
>>337832008
M8, the US was shitting out so many carriers, its just a number game. There is no way that the Japanese could have taken any part of the West Coast.
>>
>>337841464
Eh, that really was a gamble between the two countries.
America ended going the right route

IJN also had really gpod night combatents. Don't mistaken me. Japan had no choice going to war against America

I just think they're much more competent military wise to the Italians
>>
Shut the fuck up with the armchair WWII military bullshit, you fucking autists.
>>
Alternate history cold war game where instead of WWII, the globe was split between the US, Britain, USSR, Germany, Japan, and an Italy that has reformed itself into Rome. A six sided arms race where each took a different technology path for dominance.
>>
>>337842165
Like an ideological ww2?
>>
It's an Ace Attorney like game.
>You're a super corrupt politician who has no beliefs that dies and goes to hell
>Hell is actually super bureucratic and ruled by a Senate made of the most powerful and influential demon.
>Someone saves you from eternal suffering and you have to uncover this political conspiracy involving heaven and hell.
>Lie, cheat, bribe and blackmail you to thw top of the Senate.
>First half of a "case" is collecting info and contacts about the bigshots
>Later half is a climatic phillibuster where you have to convince them and their parties using all you colected to answer to your demands while maybw becoming a better person

I call it "Hell's Senate"
>>
>game set in space age future
>max three players per match
>players pick from engineer, doctor, miner, security, or deck officer
>spawn on random parts of huge commuter/mining/military ship
>Left 4 dead style AI director, randomly picks an antagonistic entity
>enemies range from aliums, Event Horizon shit, pirates etc.
>players have to communicate and work together to escape or eliminate threat
>players are often forced to split up for objectives
>permadeath, no voice chat for dead players
>ranking up grants varied starting gear choices and new classes
>no bullet-sponge shit for enemies
I'm thinking SS13 meets dead space meets Left 4 Dead's realism mode
>>
It's more of a concept.

But a game about managing a war from afar. You are in the capital of a steampunkish ww1 country hearing from different fronts and trying to allocate resources to theae fronts while dealing with poor communication devices.
Choose which front gets the more budget, what to r&d, deal with arrogamt generals, manage the local population, have waifus and try to win a nearly unwinniable war
>>
Rhodesian bush war
>>
File: berlin85.jpg (29 KB, 283x373) Image search: [Google]
berlin85.jpg
29 KB, 283x373
>>337838583
Fallout series?

In all seriousness, I would definitely be interested in this as well. An FPS were you play as a member of the Berlin Brigade during the onset of a new land war in Europe would be ideal.

Imagine, fighting a losing battle, surrounded by the enemy with no hope of reprieve. On the first day, you fight off a sudden assault on Checkpoint Charlie, and in the distance you see the Reichstag collapse from artillery barrage. Your unit is forced to withdraw across the river through the U-bahn (subway), collapsing it behind you.

On the second day, you fight alongside West Berlin police pressed into combat defending a Gaswerk in the southern industrial district. That night, you cross a marsh to sabotage a rail line running just south of the city. But your unit pays the price and gets surrounded and destroyed by the counter-attack; as far as you're aware, you're the only survivor.

You hide in an abandoned structure for the third day, and slowly make your way back to the lines the third night, crossing the Teltow Canal just before dawn.

You regroup as part of an ad-hoc (aka "snafu") company comprised of survivors like yourself and armed civilians at Tempelhof airport. Thousands of refugees flood the terminal, hoping to catch a flight on a supply plane's return trip, but they're just getting in the way. You're told you have to police the crowd, because all the *real* police died on the front lines... In reality, you've got a harder time controlling your subordinates. But the point is rendered moot when rockets start landing nearby... The 14th Guards Artillery have moved within range, and are sighting airfield. You now have to conduct a fighting retreat to cover the evacuating civilian mob.

(1/2)
>>
>>337838583
>>337844578
(2/2)

The fourth night, you're exhausted, however... You can't sleep. You must patrol the ramshackle perimeter your mob has managed to piece together. The night passes without incident. It's a decent-size level that makes you think you're about to be attacked at any time, but you never are. There will be at leas one "false alert" before the level ends.

The fifth day, and a push like none other before it comes. You're continually pushed back, but just as you're starting to make your last stand, the enemy withdraws. You think you've won, but then you get a message on the radio: the Allied commanders in Berlin have agreed to terms. The player has one final choice to make: surrender with honor, or make a final, defiant push to do as much damage as possible. Whichever you choose, your men will follow.
>>
>>337841030
>They missed every single important objectives
For a long war, yes. But they were going for shock and awe, and got it... It just didn't have the effect they were hoping for.
>>
>>337842780
Heh, I probably wouldn't play that game, but I'd still want to see it made. I could see that game spawning dozens of memes by including black comedy and satire.
>>
I want a Red Orchestra set in the Spanish Civil War, shootan gommie scum for based Franco.
>>
>>337838583
So every Wargame?
>>
>>337845307
I mean, they,mostly sunk battleships which we both know are kinda useless
>>
>>337845669
The problem is balancing it out so the game isn't overwhelmingly left or right wing
>>
>>337833058
I think it was more they would knock out the US Pacific fleet then grab and really consolidate the pacific islands so that taking them back would require a dispraportionate amount of effort and the US would just begrudgingly accept the Co-Prospetiy sphere.
I think there is a chance that it could have worked if they didn't completely fuck up Midway by being tards.
>>
a game where dungeon crawling becomes an sport like the NBA, NFL and whatnot.
>>
>>337845307
It was the wrong kind of Shock & Awe.
>>
File: acsomethingsomethingsomething.jpg (652 KB, 1793x1387) Image search: [Google]
acsomethingsomethingsomething.jpg
652 KB, 1793x1387
>>337825526
Armored Core 6 on PC with continuous support and expansions (and good matchmaking compared to V/VD.
>>
>>337847567
The prologue of SMT2 is basically this
>>
File: file.png (681 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
file.png
681 KB, 650x650
A kinda of a smaller scale Wonderful 101

Stylish Banchou
>MC is a normal feminine girl from some small japanese school
>It's "bring your parents" day
>suddenly every parent gets kidnapped by some rival school
>It's a Bancho Civil War where all the school top dogs in the country fight for supremacy
>Before they're kidnapped your parents, they give to you a scissors, as they're a barber and a hairdresser.
>They're magical
>You & your schoolmates are trying to rescue the parents
>You assigned a group of four school friends to follow you in missions. Every kid gets assigned to a button, and you can command them to do combos and whatnot.
>You can with magical fashion instruments create new hairstyles that give bonuses powers for the kid
>Pompadour hair gives drilling power; Afro gives Area of Effect attacks
>Beat other Bancho, Recruit new friends, rescue your dads, and delve into a very testosterone filled world in your way to become the strongest of the Bancho
>>
>>337848685
Armored Core 6 but with an awesome Singleplayer component that isn't entirely removed or gutted horribly in favor of the dead multiplayer.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.