[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you define "Hero Shooter"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Hero Shooters.png (559 KB, 1024x960) Image search: [Google]
Hero Shooters.png
559 KB, 1024x960
How would you define "Hero Shooter"?
>>
Shit
>>
The exact same as Class-Based Shooter
>>
File: lennwattt.jpg (26 KB, 359x343) Image search: [Google]
lennwattt.jpg
26 KB, 359x343
>>
>>337813519
>Hero Shooter

gb2 lol
>>
>>337813519
They are first person shooters where you select a "class" / "character" / "hero" / etc. rather than putting gameplay variety in weapon selection alone (such as Quake or Counterstrike)

Some have "MOBA" influences (rpg mechanics basically)
>>
The devolution of gaming from a fully customized class system to a standardized class based system.

AKA, balancing is hard so we're gonna limit your choice and still fuck up balance anyway
>>
>>337813896
people keep using that word. I don't think you know what a moba is or what signifies them.
>>
What the fuck is paladins and why did you shill that shit in the OP?
>>
>>337813519
>paladins
paladins is so fucking shit remove it from this image
>>
>>337814217
it is hi-rezs shitty overwatch rip off, just glance at the game its characters and their abilities, they literally just make a cheap version of overwatch
if you want to get into the """""closed""""" beta and see the shit that it is for yourself, just like them on facebook
>>
File: mon.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mon.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
Dead after developers get their money and move on to other games.
>>
>>337813519
A class based shooter but each class has a unique personality and design.
>>
>>337815198
That game was so good but even back then I knew it would never take off unfortunately
>>
I thought the term was "Ability Shooter"
>>
>>337813996
This is why I LOVE EA battlefront. Because it brought back loadouts instead of classes, like the old Battlefronts had
>>
>>337814998
I don't know if the joke here is that you shill both games, but that is wrong.

Paladins is a spiritual sequel to a shitty game called Smite by the same group who also managed, not developed, Tribes Ascend.

Paladins is pretty bad, but better than BattleBorn, but totally worse than Overwatch, while being different since Overwatch level design is much more cramped, and resembling to TF2 map design.

Tf2 is a class based shooter, period, unrelated to all of them outside Overwatch map design philosophy and similar game modes.
>>
>>337814217
Because the image looks more satisfying with 4 titles, and I would feel like an idiot clumping a game that is years old in there with the rest.
>>
File: toomany.png (134 KB, 624x464) Image search: [Google]
toomany.png
134 KB, 624x464
Market flooders.
>>
A game where you chose from one of multiple pre-determined classes to play an objective against one or more other teams.
>>
>>337816396
>Gigantic is great
>it finally gets to be played on shit that isn't W10/XBONE
>you have to install some chinese game distribution platform to do it

I hope it doesn't fail
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.