[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So am I the only one who plays this? How about Endless Space?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
So am I the only one who plays this?

How about Endless Space?
>>
>>337812209

Love Endless Space, as well as Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless.

Haven't played your pic though. How does it compare?
>>
>>337812541
Apples and oranges, honestly. I just saw a bunch of shit threads about shit games and thought I'd shout into the void to see if anyone was playing anything good.

I just got Ashes today, actually, but it has a lot of the same feel of the old RTS games - Age of Empire sort of.

Endless Space is something I was playing before this. Sowers > all
>>
>>337812209
Endless Space is a good first 4X. The game is otherwise simplistic compared to other standards of the genre. It was nice it existed when it did.

Just got done introducing my friend to the game. Dunno if we'll play a larger scale galaxy next or if we'll just move on to another game.
>>
>>337813007
I don't have anyone to play it with. I also get flounced on all but the easiest AI. It's a comfy game though.
>>
>>337812209
Endless Space 2 when.
>>
>>337812209
I found it extremely boring. I only got stuck one one level and it was because I didn't think the lines leading to behind the base actually led to metal extractors. Once I did that I won before the timer even reached 3/4 full because my armies were so huge. The AI is alright I guess but the way to win is just spam the bigger vehicles and the brutes. The AI is too stupid to prioritize targets so it wastes everything on the cannon fodder. Also, avoid using the army system because the pathfinding when not stationary can bug out and fuck up formations. And it's a very bland game too with no variety or unique units and the whole game speed is the same as the opening of supreme commander base building minus the early commander/engineer battles because there's nothing like that. It doesn't bring anything to the table that other games do better
>>
>>337814961
>It doesn't bring anything to the table that other games do better
I can agree with this from my first impressions. I still enjoy it, though.

My main gripe right now is the difficulty jump from Beginner to Easy AI. It goes from being a steamroller that I'm driving to one that the CPU's driving.

I hope it's not like Endless Space where the AI blatantly cheats.
>>
>>337815837
The way it works is that the AI only gets a resource bonus on higher difficulties. They have no idea where you start or what units you have until they see them. There is that big jump in single player campaign but after that mission it gets easy again. It's just shit map design that can only be beat with a very specific build order because the stupid fucking chatting stops you from doing anything and the timer us still bugged, if you put it on fast forward, mind you I found this out after I beat it, it fucks up the AI and it doesn't send units as fast as it could have. Also, never build turrets, they are more expensive and do significantly less than any unit.
>>
>>337816350
I've just been doing skirmishes; is that any different? Minus the stupid fucking chatting obviously.
>>
>>337816506
Yeah, it's a little easier than the campaign because the AI can't pull units out of its ass
>>
>>337816772
I'll give it another try in a minute.

What build order did you find to be optimal?

I generally go with...
>4 constructors
>metal extractors everywhere around base
>factory/assembly
>handful of units to pound neutral defenders
>extractors there
>mad hunt for radiation
>quantum array after finding it
>bigger and more factories (either the advanced assembly or the armory)
>>
>>337817015
Addendum: When I was fighting Easy AI they came in with a cloud of small units and flattened me while I was still sending my expeditionary force to neutral territories and looking for more extractors.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.