[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there will never be another successful MMO Why /v/.......
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1357783807862.gif (2 MB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
1357783807862.gif
2 MB, 500x490
>there will never be another successful MMO

Why /v/.......
>>
because it's a dead genre for degenerates like yourself.

now go play wow until they close it down, you piece of gutter trash
>>
>>337808458
What did I do ;_;
>>
>>337808275
Becaause only few people still enjoy that shit.
Namely you and a few other autists.
I'd give an MMO a try, that doesn't have character-levels and grinding, and not the shit we've seen in the last years.

Levels are cancer. Make a game skill based and make later dungeons actually harder.
>>
The genre was ruined by faggots who wanted a singleplayer game with multiplayer elements and expect to ''win'' the game while playing 3h a week.
>>
File: 1462992710661.jpg (102 KB, 1280x936) Image search: [Google]
1462992710661.jpg
102 KB, 1280x936
>>337808573
You want to enjoy the wrong thing. We don't tolerate that here.
>>
>>337808893
Nigga I AM "here"
I RAN this show
This board is MINE
I deal the cards
>>
>>337809079
That's fine with me.
>>
>>337808275
We now have social media to communicate whenever we wish so the fad about socializing to real people online is gone.

Combine that with a videogame genre that compromises gameplay capabilities for the sake of online features and you have a package with no positives.
>>
tfw the idea of the mmo died

All we get is mmorpg wow clones
>>
Because they're all designed around subsctiptions or cash shops

And subsciptions only seem to make money on games with a long grind and a raid based endgame whilst cash shops mainly make money by offering to skip the grind
>>
I played FF XIV for a while and have a real strong urge to go back.

I wasted years of my life on WoW and Lineage 2 as well. I dunno why. Something about MMO's, even the endless WoW clones, is so damn addictive to me.
>>
>>337808275
kill yourself frogfucker
>>
>>337808275

God is giving you a sign not to play shitty game sanymore Anon
>>
>>337808727
>Make a game skill based

How do you make a game with possibly hundreds if not thousands of interacting players in the same location skill based?

I also dislike levels and grinding, but I'm curious as to how you think a MMO could actually be skill based.
>>
>>337808727
I think the main thing holding MMOs back is network technology. Latency issues really limit what you can do with gameplay in an MMO. If we ever get over that hurdle there will be a shift towards better gameplay instead of trying to add a new coat of paint to the same old standard MMO gameplay.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.