[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black & White
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: black-white-01.jpg (66 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
black-white-01.jpg
66 KB, 1280x1024
Will we ever get another good god-game?
>>
>>337805281
No.
>>
File: 37646753.jpg (12 KB, 430x320) Image search: [Google]
37646753.jpg
12 KB, 430x320
yeah, when godus is finished
>>
Probably not.

But hey, Peter Molyneux made the Ultimate God Game, Godus! That's good enough, right?
>>
>>337805281

Not till we get some wood
>>
I think so, though if it were made in the current time I doubt it would be too well received since even back when B&W was released there wasn't really a big market for such games.

However if a dev makes a fairly interesting god game with real effort I bet it could garner a lot of niche attention from the people who love these types of games.
>>
I think God games would be a ton of fun in VR with motion controls, especially one like B&W. Instead of scrolling in and out you move your head. To pick up building/people/ your beast you use the wands.
>>
>>337805281
http://bwgame.wildman-productions.org/index.php?action=showpage&pagename=downloads
Play with me.
>>
File: XBLA.jpg (120 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
XBLA.jpg
120 KB, 1024x576
>>337805710
That would be rad, grabbing the world and actually moving yourself over it, signing symbols to cast spells and shaping the world to your whim like in Dust.
>>
>>337805871
Oh shit, man.
Sure, why not. Gotta download and install it first.
>>
>>337805561
Welllllll
The genre's now finished
But there's still something on the wishlist
To keep us all going through the fire and the flames
We want to spend our hours
Unleashing our godly powers
So vidya is worthless without more god games

EIDLE EIDLE EEEE
EIDLE EIDLE EEEE
VIDYA IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT MORE GOD GAAAAAAAMES
SOOOOOO
DO US A FAVOUR
CHILD SACRIFICE IS WHAT WE SAVOUR
AND VIDYA IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT MORE GOD GAMES
>>
>>337806805
You've captured the essence of my apathy to video games, good job.
>>
File: 1438578215681.gif (2 MB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1438578215681.gif
2 MB, 500x390
>>337806805
You're an alright guy, anon.
>>
My computer couldn't run the game when I had it, and I missed out on everything you could do beyond the initial 5 minutes.
>>
>>337807101
Hey same thing happened to me. Then I got a better PC and it became my favorite game of all time.
>>
>>337807389
My friend always said the hand cursor would get more evil/godlike depending on your actions.
>>
>>337807537
just like your creature and temple
>>
has anyone here played Rise of Nations? i like campaigns where most missions you start off with little to no unitd and small/no settlement. Is RoN that kind of game or will i be starting missions with large armies and built up settlements?
>>
>>337807820
Evil creatures were worthless, though. All they did was terrorize your towns.
>>
>>337807912
but good creatures looks like girl toys
>>
Was I the only person on Earth who though Black & White was a massive disappointment?
>>
I liked Black & White 2
>>
>>337807537
I'm generally a goody-two-shoes when it comes to morality choices but in the expansion Creature Isle I kept sacrificing a ton of people because I needed spells for a particular quest and there weren't a whole lot of worshippers to generate power.

I could BARELY fucking see during the day because it was so dark and I had to wait for night when your hand would illuminate to actually find anything.
>>
I met Marc Silk a couple of weeks ago, nice guy
>>
>>337805469
Wait, it's still not finished? Is it even being developed anymore?
>>
File: max payne orders a steak.gif (3 MB, 174x200) Image search: [Google]
max payne orders a steak.gif
3 MB, 174x200
>>337806805
>>
>>337808085
Anyone who lived through the years of massive hype leading up to the release is likely to share your opinion.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.