[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you liek poe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 1463366271032.jpg (453 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463366271032.jpg
453 KB, 1920x1080
Do you liek poe?
>>
>>337797923
No because the netcode is still shitty, the camera distance is still designed around 800x600 resolution so chinks don't feel left out and because Grim Dawn is simply a much better game.
>>
>>337798054
>being this much of a delusional hipster
Grim Dawn is literally just a conversion for Titan Quest, and Titan Quest was fucking shit.
>>
>>337797923
I read this title as "Do you liek pee?"
>>
>>337797923
I do but I don't feel like dedicating as much time to it as it requires.
>>
>>337798195
>I HAVE LITERALLY NEVER PLAYED GRIM DAWN AND AM SPEWING BULLSHIT: THE POST
Protip, it's nothing like Titan Quest other than also being an ARPG.
>>
>>337797923
No. Diablo 3 is superior in almost every aspect, so there was no reason for me to suffer PoE for more than the first area of the game only for testing purposes.
>>
It's alright, but the combat/content is boring as fuck, and not in a relaxing way. It's just holding down the aoe button, while occasionally using needlessly clunky/irritating movement spells, and playing a game of autistic whac-a-mole to make sure none of your precious flask buffs fall off, which could result in you being 1-shot or losing speed.

>>337798195
It also sucks, sorry. Mostly because it's just way too easy.
>>
>>337797923
yea, but Im bored to tears of all the skills. Played a EQ Juggernaut to 85 in Perandus, got bored and havent played since.
>>
>>337797923
now that Grim Dawn is out on GOG I'm contemplating buying it

Already played plenty of PoE to the point where I don't really feel like playing it anymore
>>
>>337798267
ah, yes

my favourite author

edgar allan pee
>>
Its pretty boring all classes felt homogenized because of gems and the skill tree which is obnoxiously large for zero reason which was made for quantity over quality
>>
Yeah, but I got burnt out. I was top ten in this two week race softcore since I play on wifi for the first week but then gave up.

Also I don't like the map system works, it's by far the most frustrating part of the game. I don't like how the end game is locked behind random rare drops. I just want to play the game and advance, not get dicked over after investing thirty chaos into a map and only getting a third of a percent of my experience bar up and five alteration orbs in return.

Also the labyrinth is really crappy. Fun the first two times, then genuinely a chore to do afterwards.
>>
>>337797923
Yes and no

I like Poe because it's the best game in the genre but the genre itself is shit. No one to date has made a game where it doesn't just boil down to spamming singular high damage or aoe damage to clear out a room and then rinse repeat forever. The genre is inherently stale.
>>
>>337797923
occasionally i will go on and ask who /v/ here which usually gets alot of hate messages and questions so i send people here who dont know and tell the redditors to fuck off
one time a guy sent me nudes request and gave me 15 alch and 10 chaos for a picture of my penis (that i took from a /b/ thread)
usually i just sit in town and bullshit in general chat since the game is dead
>>
>>337799158
It saddens me because I think the genre has a lot of potential...
>>
>>337799164
also if anyone wants, add me on hardcore
AnneFrankLostHideNSeek
>>
>>337797923
Nope. i tried to get into PoE NUMEROUS times, and it just isnt as good as diablo.

The movment is slow and clunky, the ability have no impact or weight behind them, the animations look like shit, the level design is garbage, the graphics are nice but the art direction is terrible, the ff10 orb grid is absolutely retarded, the way people trade items and gear in that game is a huge waste of time for everyone, paying a bunch of money so your character is made of gold and covered in lightning ruins the immersion, and the affixes on the gear are stupid and make no sense. The end game progression system is bad and worse than greater rifts in every way.
>>
No, cuz its too hard for me. I prefer Grim Dawn!
>>
>>337799019
I agree.

The map system is fine until a certain point, than it just gets frustrering. In regular Perandus HC I was stuck on t7-9s until level 90. Got a few one offs 10s and 11s.

Im really curious if they're somehow gonna changes to the lab. I make a lot of new chars, and having to run the lab three times for each one is just boring. I hope they somehow change it.

Apart from like these two points, there are some things that are bad with the game. But mostly good. I mean, i have like 3+k hours in it.
>>
>>337798054
I like both PoE and Grim Dawn.
>>
>>337799332
>and the affixes on the gear are stupid and make no sense
It's the exact same system as diablo.
>>
>>337797923
Played it like two years ago, the currency system is really, really good but the game suffers from very lame/boring skills.
>>
it's pretty good, but also makes me want to kill myself because of my bad luck
>>
>>337799694
No, its not. Diablo primarily uses gear sets with affixes that all synergize with each other, and a few random legendaries specifically designed to fill the other slots that also have synergistic abilities.

PoE literally just has random shit on every piece, with no regard to synergy or anything. That and the affixes the4mselves are way more boring. Diabl ohas shit like "every time you kill an enemy gold showers from the sky" or "you explode in a fan of knives that deal 1000% weapon damage when you get hit" and PoE has shit like "14% increased casting speed, 70% bonus damage to nearby enemies". The difference is one is cool and interesting, and PoE is lame and boring.
>>
I really love when people talk shit about softcore while they log out/have scripts to log out/use macros to log out the second they know they are in a bad spot in hardcore.
>>
File: lauch.gif (510 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
lauch.gif
510 KB, 480x228
>>337798621

>being this casual
>>
I enjoyed it for a while, but after experiencing the content once there's nothing else to do besides watching numbers grow.

This genre as somehow much more engaging when I was younger, nowadays all of those games bore me quickly.
>>
>>337800080
There aren't any set items, yes. But there are very much unique items with unique effects, just like in diablo, and unique item effects that synergize well together. As a random example, you could equip Call of the Brotherhood so that your lightning damage is converted into ice damage and then equip Three Dragons so that your ice damage ignites enemies so your lightning spells set enemies on fire. I am lead to believe you haven't played much PoE.
>>
Poe more like poo
>>
I only played in closed beta and when act 4 came out first, they really did add content
The newest patch seemed lacking though so i skipped it
>>
File: 1463159186016.gif (2 MB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
1463159186016.gif
2 MB, 268x268
>>337800713
>>
>>337800469
"change elements" is lame and boring as fuck, exactly like my example. Youre not proving anyone wrong, just proving me correct.
>>
>>337797923
I like poe, but I really hate the new expansion content. The Labyrinth and the trap sections are terrible and unfun.
>>
Poe is kinda the diablo 2 sequel people wanted but i don't like it

I think its not a great game vecause it was made with archaic and outdated ideas in mind from a time when that was the only thing they could do and in poe they out it in because it was in games back then without thinking of the why was something like it but it was and it shall be

It just feels like a nostalgia game made by people who are stuck in the wishful thinking from the early 2000 or even before

Tedious does not equal hardcore
The game soon became exhausting and uninteresting so i never played after the beta

Also i didnt want to reload the game after i change maps
>>
Love it
got burned out, played too much during the last league and perandus
might take a break
>>
I think this game's biggest shortcoming is how it shoehorns you into 1 skill forever. The best you can do for variety is an occasional curse or warcry, and even that rarely boosts your efficiency.

The sole thing in the game that incentivizes multiple skill usage is EE node, and even that only ends up with offhand curse-on-hit lightning ball.
>>
>>337803246
it pigeon holes you into one gem and then back when i played it, there were only 3 acts. so it's like repeat the same 3 acts in 5 different difficulty modes so i can do what exactly???
so boring. the game is as deep as an ocean but as wide as a creek.
>>
>>337797923
>>337803458
>the game is as deep as an ocean but as wide as a creek
That sums it up perfectly.

I want to love it, and I put a decent amout of time into it, but fuck me if it doesn't get boring quick. I have to play every other league and I still haven't completed one full league yet.
>>
>>337803458
3 difficulty settings are also a pretty dumb decision, the middle one serves absolutely no purpose. But of course Diablo did it, so gotta copy that design with no thought involved.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.