[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is wrong with edgy characters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Shadow_rivals.png (129 KB, 250x522) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_rivals.png
129 KB, 250x522
What exactly is wrong with edgy characters?
>>
They try to impress, be feared and respected, and they achieve the opposite, they're pathetic and hilarious.
>>
Teenagers are attached to them, and as young adults we try to distance ourselves from what we liked and made as a kid to make us feel a little more mature
>>
They're hard to pick up.
>>
>>337793418
So they're analogous to Witcher 3.
>>
File: FUCKYOU.png (250 KB, 640x392) Image search: [Google]
FUCKYOU.png
250 KB, 640x392
>>337793418
>They try to impress, be feared and respected, and they achieve the opposite, they're pathetic and hilarious.

like this guy
>>
>>337793276
trying too hard
>>
>>337793276
Nothing really, the whole "Edgy" thing became a meme which makes it hard for video game devs to make an evil character without everyone being like "lal game is 4 edgelords!" so games now have shit tier villains.
>>
>>337793497
/thread
>>
>>337793523
You could done better with that one, anon
>>
My only problem with them is when they try too hard to be edgy and when they are too cliche.

A character with a design like Shadow isn't shit because of how he looks, but if his personality and traits are done poorly then it's shit.

Not enough settings do an "edgy" looking character who although he would appear so at first glance, is actually a fun and likeable character.
>>
>>337793904
No, villains never really have this problem. It's always main characters that are made to be "super cool" by adding guns or pointless violence or whatever will appeal to angsty teenagers who whine and bicker about society
>>
>>337794264
>Villains never really have this problem
that's not true and you know it. Think of The Joker and Kylo Ren or Shadow or Dooms eye, or prototype

Giving someone a gun doesn't make them edgy it just means they now have a gun.
>>
>>337793276
Faker.
>>
Shadow isn't even done poorly, prove me wrong

(well until recently, where he's been flanderized as fuck, but that's from Colors to Sonic Boom)
>>
I personally love edgy characters and wish there was more of them in Video Games.
>>
>>337795647
Dark Pit is literally poor man's Dark Samus/Shadow
>>
What's the difference between dark and edgy?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.