[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Kuwabara kuwabara what did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1228109-mgs3_volgin.jpg (21 KB, 418x301) Image search: [Google]
1228109-mgs3_volgin.jpg
21 KB, 418x301
>Kuwabara kuwabara
what did he mean by this?
>>
"Kuwabara kuwabara" (桑原桑原?) is a phrase used in the Japanese language to ward off lightning. It is analogous to the English phrase "knock on wood" to prevent bad luck.

The word kuwabara literally means 'mulberry field'. According to one explanation, there is a Chinese legend that mulberry trees are not struck by lightning. In contrast, Joya asserts that the "origin of kuwabara is not definitely known, but it has nothing to do with mulberry plants, though it means 'mulberry fields
>>
Its a Japanese saying, it's meant to protect you from lightning strikes.

The one time he doesn't say it before a storm he gets struck by lightning
>>
Imagine if they localised this to Volgin saying
>Rain rain go away, come again another day
>>
>>337780606
Question is, was it the gods or The Sorrow?
>>
>>337780427
5.56mm rounds and grenades
>>
>Yusuke Urameshi!
>>
>>337780704

That would totally be a thing if the game was produced recently for Nintendo.
>>
>>337780878
It was.
They didn't.
>>
Cowabunga, cowabunga...
>>
File: 44.png (44 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
44.png
44 KB, 400x325
>>337780517
" the English phrase "knock on wood" to prevent bad luck."

..that's what knock on wood meant? I thought people just said it as a figure of speech before or after they say something very obvious.
>>
>>337781168
You would say it after saying you might come into danger or something like that, "The only way I won't get this promotion is if I get struck by lightning (knock on wood)."
>>
>>337781168
>Knocking on wood refers to the apotropaic tradition in Western folklore of literally touching, tapping, or knocking on wood, or merely stating that you are doing or intend same, in order to avoid "tempting fate" after making a favorable observation, a boast, or declaration concerning one's own death or other unfavorable situation beyond one's control. The origin of this may be in Germanic folklore, wherein dryads are thought to live in trees, and can be invoked for protection.[1][2]

Basically you're telling ghosts that you're just kidding please don't fuck me you spooky dead bedsheets
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.