[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people excited for this trash again? >muh huge overworld
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: WiiU_Zelda_scrn02_E3.jpg (914 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_Zelda_scrn02_E3.jpg
914 KB, 1920x1080
Why are people excited for this trash again?

>muh huge overworld
Won't even be 1/3 of Xenoblade Chronicles X and it will be dull as fuck and unfun to navigate through unlike XCX

>muh combat
The same simon says barebones dull combat that has been since OoT
>>
They like Zelda.

If you want to play a Zelda game, XCX does not help you and vice versa.

This looks like a new 3D Zelda game which we don't get too often and it looks good unlike the last one we had.

Its pretty understandable.
>>
Because it's a new 3D Zelda. We only had five of them throughout the entire series.

Apparently Aonuma is hoping for this game to be as revolutionary as Ocarina of Time though. Waiting until E3 to see what they offer though.
>>
People like Zelda and don't care about your gay jrpg with shitty music.
>>
>>337771192
Well if you put it that way, it's still better to go in with lowered expectations.
>>
>>337771606
Also, I forgot to mention...Zelda is an action adventure genre. Far more appealing to more gamers than a niche JRPG (as much as I love Xenoblade X).
>>
File: 1412949201324.jpg (83 KB, 622x620) Image search: [Google]
1412949201324.jpg
83 KB, 622x620
>Aonuma

Why are people indeed hyped for his garbage?
>>
>open world

Well there goes my enthusiasm. We've had multiple open world games this gen and also various semi-open world/linear games this gen and guess which ones actually offered proper level design?

Very few games can actually execute open world properly because of how grounded movement of exploration is. This game won't be any different and as far as I'm concerned, it won't even have a proper jump animation. Fuck open world meme
>>
>>337771192
I guarantee you it will be bigger than XCX.
Fuck off Max
>>
>>337771928
Because it's based of ALBW's whole concept, but on a 3D Zelda.
>>
>>337772758
>Because it's based of ALBW's whole concept

Being a piss-easy as fuck experience with 0 difficulty curve?
>>
>>337772924
Actually he should've said, "more like Zelda 1."
>>
>>337772924
I'm sure they can refine it so that's not much of an issue in comparison.
>>
>>337773245
Yeah. That is the bigger inspiration. I feel the fact they're actively pushing for what Zelda 1 did, is interesting to see, how this will play out.
>>
>>337772390
those are some big words for somebody who knows literally nothing about the game
>>
I look forward to pirating it.
>>
>>337773826
There's no way they'd have the balls to do that though. Especially not something like the second quest.
>>
>>337771192
Huge maps are inherently a bad thing for vidya. Without limitation, huge maps are full of fun adventures. We live in 2016 though, so technical limits means map sizes follow a bell curve. As a map gets bigger, there is more to do, until you hit a saturation point, and then there starts to be less to do the bigger the map gets. You start having to reuse content. The people designing the map start running out of creativity. You can't even afford to fill the maps due to budget constraints. Even if you could fill the maps, who will buy a game that takes up 300 GB?

Arguing "muh map is bigger" is just retarded. A mid sized map that makes good use of the map is the best you can hope for.
>>
So people like XCX's map? I mean, the areas are nice and the map is a good size, but it suffers from repetition just like every other big map out there. Eventually, you just want to get your skell so you can get around at a decent speed since there isn't much reason to take your time. Once you get your skell, the map starts becoming pointless since exploration just seems to go out the window. I lost interest in the game once I got my skell. Is the first game any better in this regard?
>>
>>337775668
Neither do you, Max.
>>
2/3 of Xenoblade was filler so it sounds perfect.
>>
>>337771192
Unless he gets a horse 20 times his size, I'd rather he not have to deal with a map that big.
>>
>>337776353
Xenoblade X's map is very unusual in the way it's designed to function at different scales and speeds. But it sounds like you're a terminal faggot, so you shouldn't bother with the first game.
>>
>>337771192
I've enjoyed every zelda game I've played other than SS. One bad game ain't enough to make me lose faith in a franchise that rarely does direct sequels
>>
Because all signs point to them going back to the traditional roots, to the game actually being exploration heavy. The last big Zelda titled worked on was A Link Between Worlds and that was excellent.
>>
>>337777197
Terminal faggot? As in warping everywhere? I prefer not to be. For example, in RDR I enjoyed hunting things, so I wanted to ride my horse everywhere. If there was some sort of warp feature I wouldn't have used it. In XCX, other than looking at the scenery, I didn't see much of a point in exploring.
>>
>>337777884
I do mean it somewhat seriously though. The two games are mechanically fairly similar, except the first one is slower in both movement and combat pace, simpler, has fewer customization options, easier, more repetitive questing with very little story outside the main plot and largely consists of a series of disguised hallways. If going faster turned you off X, you aren't going to like not even getting to do that unless anime plots really turn you on.
>>
File: Kenny Bania.gif (561 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
Kenny Bania.gif
561 KB, 240x180
>>337771192
As someone who's played a good chunk of XCX, I don't want the overworld to be at all that big.

And combat is perfectly fine as it is. You're probably some Soulsfag anyway, which is ironic given that whole franchise is roll away, attack, repeat.
>>
File: Scapegoat.jpg (53 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
Scapegoat.jpg
53 KB, 656x369
>>337771928
Because Aonuma is responsible for a lot of great Zelda entries? Because ALBW was fantastic and he literally saved it from being a mandated LTTP remake?

I'll never understand why he's the de facto scapegoat when he's constantly taking on different roles. I swear, ever since Sticker Star, /v/ HAS to blame a single person at Nintendo when a game sucks despite lack of evidence.
>>
File: 1463078365707.png (26 KB, 589x532) Image search: [Google]
1463078365707.png
26 KB, 589x532
>all these kids actually unironically pretend to dislike the most popular games to feel special because it's the only "accomplishment" in their lives
>>
>>337778032
Slower isn't guaranteed worse. Monster hunter is slower than all its clones, yet it is better (to me) because of its slow pace. If I do an action right, I like it when it fucks up the monster, like knocking it out of the sky. If I do an action wrong, I like the fact that I am punished severely for it.

Also, complex customization can often lead to meaningless customization. Yet another thing I would have to judge on an individual basis.

>easier
XCX seemed to not require me to change up my attack patters, and if I found an enemy to be almost impossible to beat, gaining a level would turn them into wimps. I can't hate the first one for being easy if I didn't hate the second one for being easy.

I'll probably give the game a try eventually since I can use HD textures, but right now I just have too many games to play. Why don't backlogs just allow themselves to shrink at a faster pace?
>>
>>337771192
People are probably excited because the flagship series of greatest software developer on the planet.

I'm not even a nintendofag and I can admit this much.
>>
>>337776104
This is exactly why prior Zeldas were so great. They were extremely saturated with content.
>>
>>337771192

Thats why Nintendo needs to do something mind blowing with Zelda since it's their only game at E3 this year.

Need to pull an everyones voiced but Link, Zelda takes up Link's role as the "hero", Final Fantasize it by making it more story driven, etc. But I highly doubt they will do anything drastic. Just going to have another side character like Midna or Fi with some sort of gimmick that works with the new console or something. I'm already disappointed.
>>
>>337778049
>And combat is perfectly fine as it is.

You're right, which is why I'm so desperate for enemies that you can't just shit all over. Zelda's combat system is way better than Soul's.
>>
>>337779772
>Need to pull an everyones voiced but Link, Zelda takes up Link's role as the "hero", Final Fantasize it by making it more story driven, etc.

Unholy cancered cunt
>>
>>337771384

>This looks like a new 3D Zelda game which we don't get too often and it looks good unlike the last one we had.

What about this game looks good exactly? We've seen so little of it and what we have seen doesn't look particularly amazing

Combine that with the fact that the last two (arguably three) 3D Zeldas have been underwhelming at best and I see little reason to get excited.
>>
XCX was really bad though. It was boring and repetitive as fuck.
>>
File: 1461885243987.jpg (349 KB, 1920x1635) Image search: [Google]
1461885243987.jpg
349 KB, 1920x1635
>>337771192
>Why are people excited for this trash again?

And then I realized I'm not anymore.
>>
Does literally -anyone- fall for this kind of bait, or has OP just bumped his own thread like 15 times?
>>
It's not going to be as big as XCX and for fuck's sake, it really shouldn't be.
They're two totally different kinds of games that have two totally different kinds of overworlds.
Xenoblade should be a game where exploration is dictated by the plot progress and your mode of transportation, whereas Zelda should be a game where exploration is dictated by solving environmental puzzles and obtaining new items. Making a game like Xenoblade bigger while still being satisfying to explore is less tedious for the player than trying to do it with Zelda.
>>
File: 1447824204879.jpg (18 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1447824204879.jpg
18 KB, 540x960
>>337778174
>Implying ALBW isn't a straight off remake of ALTTP with just a meme wall mechanics
>Implying
>>
>>337772924
By the time i finished albw, i realized i didnt die a single time. Not a single fucking time.
The game was still a solid 8/10 i do admit.
>>
File: image.jpg (359 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
359 KB, 1200x1600
>trusting Neo-Nintendo with Zelda
oh vey oh vey
>>
>>337771192
I don't even have a Wii U, and have no plans to purchase it or an NX and I think the game looks sick. Maybe you're just an edgy faggot? There's a new COD coming out so don't worry fratbro.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.