[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come the first two ff games aren't on Steam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: dawn-of-souls.png (238 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
dawn-of-souls.png
238 KB, 600x500
How come the first two ff games aren't on Steam?
>>
because they know they can never do a better port than the gba port
>>
They made a 3ds version of 1 instead. Japan only.
>>
File: 1462115009617.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1462115009617.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
>>337762164
>Good port
>Gets rid of the original difficulty option from the PS1 version

Nah, go fuck yourself. GBA Final Fantasy is press A to win: the game.
>>
>>337762458
>Nah, go fuck yourself. Final Fantasy is press A to win: the game.
FTFY
>>
>>337762458
Not that the PS1 difficulty was any better, it becomes hilariously as easy early on.
>>
>>337762516
>>337762674

At the very least, you actually had to account for enemy health and position your attacks properly if you wanted to take down enemies efficiently, or else your characters would just swing at nothing. With the GBA version, you can literally (read: LITERALLY) mash A through 99% of battles and win.

That and the magic charges, the save system, etc. made the original Final Fantasy a much more strategic and involving game.
>>
>>337763041
the game still has an insane (no really, it's insane) amount of encounter rate though, so it's a chore to play in either version. Really, the encounter rate was so bad.
>>
A better question would be how come ff6 is hot fucking ass and everyone seems to suck its dick
>>
File: ultros.gif (3 KB, 136x104) Image search: [Google]
ultros.gif
3 KB, 136x104
>>337765243
It was the Borderlands 2 of its time
>>
how come none of them are on mac or linux?
>>
>>337765562
Does anyone play on mac or linux in japan?
>>
>>337763041
It wasn't strategic, it was just primitive. As someone who's played through the NES version, the difficulty takes a sharp nose dive after that cave in the swamp anyway, so cleaning up all the bugs and limitations of the game, making it less difficult in the process, isn't exactly doing the game a disservice.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 441x408
>>337765457
I remember that little faggot killed me on the raft part was pissed cause i forgot to save lol
>>
>>337765243
A lot of what made it special back in the day isn't unique from a modern perspective, and it has much more limited gameplay than FFV or FFVII. The charming setting and fun characters save it, but I'd still rank a few other FFs above it.
>>
>>337762101
They will be. Then 12 later this year because it's its 10th anniversary, then 15 sometime next year sometime in March before fiscal year 2016 ends.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.