[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about 2 hours into this and it's pretty solid so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
I'm about 2 hours into this and it's pretty solid so far (obviously that's nothing since it's a CRPG)

Why do you guys hate this? I wanna know why I'll probably be disappointed.
>>
If you don't play RPGs except for mainstream shit like Fallout 3, you'll probably think it's good.
>>
>>337753892
Give me the cliffnotes, I remember looking forward to this once upon a time
>>
>>337753892
Why is that?
>>
>>337753801
Not as good as the Infinity Engine games
>>
>>337754125
>>337754207
It's just a fairly standard game that doesn't stand up to any of the classics. It lacks a lot of fun design for "balance"

The main problem was that it was hyped up to be the next BG2, when it's closer to BG1 without any of the charm. BG2 has the most indepth party interaction any RPG has ever had, PoE doesn't come anywhere close
>>
>>337754438
>BG2 has the most indepth party interaction any RPG has ever had

Try playing some fucking tabletop for fucks sake
>>
It's fine

People don't like the lore dumps, but eh, that's a part of these games. I guess people didn't want to learn something new.

It's pretty much a modern BG1 overall, but with better writing.
>>
>>337754438
A game being hyped to be something and then not being it doesn't retroactively make the game worse unless you're a massive cocksucker though.

I mean, if you believe hype about anything then you probably live in a world of perpetual disappointment.
>>
>>337753801
Slow as fuck, 90% of in-game objects/items are just fluff, mostly boring cliche quests.

Hyped to infinity about how it's gonna be the next Baldur's Gate, when it's nothing like that really. Stupid Kickstarter losers, and game reviewers who shilled for this shit, don't want to admit they haven't been a part of BG resurection, so they keep over-hyping it.
>>
It seems to start out decently enough, but then the flaws become pretty apparent. It actually FEELS like a Kickstarter game, because there's so many jarring things thrown into it that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Seemingly unfinished party members, yellow NPCs (which are easy to ignore but still annoying -- especially since you can use your warden powers on them before you even learn your warden powers), the garrison or whatever... etc.

The setting is awesome and has some serious potential, but it all kind of falls flat in game.

Basically, the game isn't bad. But considering the staff, considering the amount of money, considering the fact that it's trying to emulate old crpgs... it just doesn't hold up. If you go in with no expectations, you'll probably like it. At least for a little while.

I'm hoping PoE is going to be like Shadowrun Returns -- a boring, forgettable and flawed game followed by something great. Please let PoE2 be like Dragonfall.
>>
It was fun for a while but for some reason as soon as I started Act III I just immediately lost all steam and had no motivation to keep going and dropped it
>>
>>337755053
Kickstarter was a blessing and a curse. We got a lot of old fashioned RPGs but with a bunch of shitty first draft stories and poorly implemented stretch goals.
>>
i found out i hate rtwp mostly
>>
File: bait.jpg (89 KB, 723x706) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
89 KB, 723x706
>>337754438
>BG2 has the most indepth party interaction any RPG has ever had
>>
Agreed that it runs out of steam. You spend too much of the game chasing after a dude you don't understand with no clue why you're doing it and no clue why your party feels justified following you.

Also they kinda fucked up the combat compared to BG2. Everything feels too fine-tuned, part of the fun of Baldur's Gate was reaching the point where a timestop combo could break the game. Now instead of that you're just reduced to whoring a few overpowered nukes and weapon-swapping tricks.
>>
>>337753801
Honestly senpai, because the plot never takes off, and level 5+ just becomes a DPS race, defenses literally makes no difference, and many classes get jack all fun/important skills past that level.

You just become a murder storm, or a very good murder storm.
>>
>>337754663
>>>tg
>>
>>337757278
Agreed on the party thing.
Eder seems to be the only one following you around because he actually likes you. Aloth eventually warms up to you after spending half the game spying on you for the Leaden Key, Hiravias is just kinda bored, and Durance is pretty much tsun as fuck, but the rest of the party seemed to just be using you as a means to an end.

I'm only doing the god appeasements+ Adra Dragon right now, so I'm not entirely sure if much else will change about them going forward.
>>
>>337753801
It goes to shit when you get to the main city.
>>
I'm gonna piggyback off this thread and ask what are some good feats for a druid/shifter in NWN since most of these threads have D&D fans. Is weapon finesse worth getting for bonuses to certain forms?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.