[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: bd.png (2 MB, 1040x955) Image search: [Google]
bd.png
2 MB, 1040x955
So I am liking Bravely Default a lot, and apparently it's an FF spinoff more or less. I've never played FF other than some of 7 which I found slow and boring. Which games in the series are similar to BD (if any)?
>>
Well you seem to like shitty games so FF8 should be right up your alley.
>>
>>337753494
Very funny, but is it not similar to 7?
>>
>>337753395
>art for the characters show them to be normal height
>in game they are literally dwarves when the enemies and other characters are normal sized
They would of looked so much better
>>
>>337753395
>Bravely default is a FF spin off
>rpg made by square so must be a ff spinoff
This is how stupid you sound
>>
>>337753395
OP, I liked Bravely Default, but for the most part do not enjoy Final Fantasy. I do love Dragon Quest though so give that a try if FF isn't your thing.
>>
>>337753395
>slow and boring
The majority of jrpgs are slow compared to BD's hyperspeed battles
>>
>>337754008
It takes a lot from FF, dumbass.
>>
>>337754561
>taking inspiration from a series makes it a spinoff
this is how stupid you sound now
>>
>>337753395
Try FF5. It has a similar job system.
>>
>>337754643
There's a difference between inspiration and reusing jobs, spell names, and plot elements.
>>
>>337754996
>kingdom hearts is also a ff spinoff now
>>
>>337755260
have you ever been kicked in the head by a donkey?
>>
1,3,4,5,9, Four Heroes of Light and Tactics
>>
FF5 is the most similar. FFX-2 and FF3 are about the next most similar after that and past that FFs are not too similar to Bravely Default at all.
>>
>>337755541
Your the only one being retarded so far.
>>
>>337755837
what do you think a spinoff is?
>>
File: suck my ba'als.png (475 KB, 544x669) Image search: [Google]
suck my ba'als.png
475 KB, 544x669
Remember to buy my game when you're done with BD, anon.
>>
>>337755260
>now
>>
>>337755968
>In media, a spin-off[1] (or spinoff[2]) is a radio program, television program, video game, film, or any narrative work, derived from one or more already existing works, that focuses, in particular, in more detail on one aspect of that original work (e.g. a particular topic, character, or an event)
>>
>>337755260
Kingdom Hearts doesn't revolve around a party of 4 warriors that can swap between Jobs questing to save the world by finding the 4 elemental crystals. Final Fantasy and Bravely Default do. It's not "spinoff" if you want to be pedantic, which you clearly do, but you'd have to be deaf and blind to not see that Bravely Default is just a re-imagining of Final Fantasy 1,3, or 5.
>>
>>337756406
Bet you think a newgrounds rpg is a spin off of FF to.
>>
>>337754008
it basically a spin off of a spin off; it's a successor to 4 heroes of light, which was itself a spin off
>>
>>337756172
Would you look at that Braverly Default takes a lot from FF in those examples so I guess OP was right.
>>
Galuf > Ringabel
>>
>>337756537
>to
>>
Thanks for the replies. I will try FF5 after I finish BD.
>>
>>337756750
Bravely default doesn't focus on anything related to FF.
>>
File: le max res default meme.jpg (85 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
le max res default meme.jpg
85 KB, 1366x768
>>337756948
TWO!?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.