[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know if this is more /mu/ related or /v/ but I assume
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
I don't know if this is more /mu/ related or /v/ but I assume more people here have probably seen the concert.

So is it worth it? what are some highlights?
>>
They came to Mexico City, this is the 4th time they are coming.

It's bretty good, but lots of nerds
>>
first time i ever heard of this concert

got a link we can listen to?
>>
File: The Legend of Zelda (6386).jpg (903 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
The Legend of Zelda (6386).jpg
903 KB, 1600x1600
>>337740338

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8hcvnMoGbM
>>
>>337740753
thx bro
>>
File: 1343902036205.png (10 KB, 96x94) Image search: [Google]
1343902036205.png
10 KB, 96x94
>>337739949
Very good atmosphere.
Despite all the things you would expect, everyone was well mannered and behaved.
>>
>>337741229

Really? I've heard that people clap a lot during the performance, or is that only in America?
>>
>>337739949
It's "eh".

All the suites are arranged by some low-tier American film composer, and are just blase medleys of all the prominent themes in said games with little to no connective tissue or transition between each piece. So it's comprised of several "movements" based off of the main entries in the series (Ocarina, Wind Waker, and so on) that have no lasting impact beyond the initial hype of hearing Zelda music performed by a live orchestra.

It's fine, but it doesn't even come close to touching something like a Valkonnen arrangement (the "Symphonic" series).

Also the audience for these sorts of things are fucking burgerland-style autists regardless of which country you're in, all clapping and shouting during the middle of the pieces like fucking apes.
>>
File: 1456282058792.jpg (97 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1456282058792.jpg
97 KB, 360x270
>>337741335
Not sure if you're trying to move goalposts, but they clap during the more whimsical songs.
If it's more serious toned, then they will keep quiet.
>>
>>337741358
Also, for some backup to what I said, here's the Symphony of the Goddesses Wind Waker suite arranged by Chad Seiter:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=wind+waker+symphonic+movement&tbm=vid

And here's the Symphonic Legends Wind Waker suite arranged by Jonne Valkonnen (in 4 parts, the subsequent 3 videos are next in the playlist):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe2PZ2Z-AI4

Again, the Seiter arrangements are okay, but they're only that. There's no depth or sense of genuine classical arrangement. It's just the themes from the game transposed directly to orchestra.
>>
The show starts with some one off pieces that are ok but for me the entire Ocarina of Time movement was a real nostalgia trip. Wind Waker gets a nice showcase.

If you like Zelda, particularly the music, it's worth a trip.
>>
>>337741335
In my experience this doesn't happen with the Zelda ones but it does haven in the FF ones, some retards even atempt to sing one winged angel. And overall the FF one is inferior.
>>
It was okay.

Half the audience dressed like they were ready for their first day in primary school.
>>
>>337741358
>>337741686

I think the idea of Symphony of the Goddess is to have the music go with the visuals then to be completely auditory

They are more like "epic" trailers of the game that give you a sense of tone or a "best of" rock album for the games
>>
It was pretty damn cool. If you love Zelda music its definitely worth it.

Is it the same set every time, though? Because I find it very odd that when I went they didn't use a single bit of music from the NES games...
>>
>>337742392

They have had different that have different pieces but always the same 4 (Ocarina,Wind Waker,Twilight,ALTTP) suites
>>
>>337739949
If you love Zelda and/or classical musical and haven't gone, then what the fuck is wrong with you? Go Anon!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.