[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just beat these two faggots You have ten seconds to tell me why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 123141234234234.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
123141234234234.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
Just beat these two faggots
You have ten seconds to tell me why this isn't the worst boss design in video game history
>>
I had fun.
>>
>>337729797
cause yer ma hahaha
>>
Because bed of chaos exists
>>
>>337729875
This. Literally no one has ever beaten that boss without dying at least once. Artificial difficulty at it's best.
>>
File: 1297473108198.png (56 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1297473108198.png
56 KB, 550x400
>>337730004
I beat them my first try on my first playthrough true facts
>>
It's just two dudes that don't respawn that act on predetermined AI. Not like it has a bunch of random shit, or an overwhelming force of random enemies.
>>
>>337729797
Because it isn't.
You're fighting two people at the same time, it should be hard like that in every game in every outnumbered encounter
>>
File: 1457223171183.jpg (61 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1457223171183.jpg
61 KB, 500x363
>>337730186
>>337730269
it's not that the boss fight itself is even hard, in fact it's pretty easy if you don't get memed on by the mechanics of the game, but it literally and figuratively just fucks you over by turning the game's mechanics against you
>lock onto ornstein so i can move backwards while blocking
>dashes all the way behind me, turns my camera 180 and exposes my nubile ass to smough who then pulverizes me into dust
>locked onto ornstein
>try to roll away from smough's attack to the right
>end up rolling around ornstein and getting fucked because i go nowhere
>ornstein literally in dick sucking range of smough for what seems like hours
>finally seperate the two, get one hit, and then you have to wait for ornstein to stop riding smough's dick for another 10 minutes
>sometimes he doesn't even come over to you, he just sits at the back of the room hurling projectiles at you
>smough being a huge nuisance in general
When I finally beat them I didn't feel any sort of satisfaction about it, I just couldn't stop thinking what a waste of 2 hours that was, what a fucking joke. Funniest part is the rest of the game is piss easy by comparison.
>>
>>337729797

I just beat them last week, basically all I did was keep them both in my sights, continuously back out, and only attack when it was absolutely safe. Took a bit longer than the average boss but it wasn't much trouble. Died once to electrificed Smough's booty slam attack, then I decided to let Ornstein live instead and had a much easier time. Big Guy Ornstein's hitboxes are laughable if you just stand next to him.
>>
>>337729797
Use the pillars
>>
they're a force to be reckoned with the first time you fight them, but they're pretty shit compared to guys in DaS III and II
>>
>>337729797
i cant

i hate these two, i hate most of the bosses in dark souls 1 in fact
>>
>>337731754
So don't lock on?
>>
shieldbabby detected, kys
>>
ancient dragon is worse

much

much

worse
>>
They aren't even the worst boss fight in the same game
>>
>>337732387
>don't lock on
>lose the ability to block
>lose all awareness of what they're doing in general
>lock on
>have at least one of them on screen at all times
>have the ability to block at them at all times
yeah I'm sure not locking on would have done wonders
>>
>>337729875
Bed of Chaos wouldn't be so tedious if the bonfire wasn't so fucking far away.
>>
>>337729797
>that glitch where Ornstein turns into a ghost after he dies and can still kill you
>Ornstein attacking through Smoughs belly
>Ornsteins glitched animations especially on his charge attacks
>Some hitbox issues
Apart from that, its an okay fight.
Its probably the most overrated fight in all of Souls games. Dark Souls 1 bosses needed more health in general to actually be difficult, Ornstein dies to like 4 fireballs, 1 if you min max
>>
>>337732550

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THA9LiJlh4g

Git gud kid.
>>
File: fuckyoupatrick.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fuckyoupatrick.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
I think i'm being meme'd about this boss fight, it took me 3 tires my first play through.
>>
>>337732550
claw grip that shit
>>
>>337729797
First time I fought them was with a rapier using character and got up to them just fine.
Oh look can't ripose or backstab those assholes a single stab does no damage, so I just ground up some souls, bought twinkling from Giant Blacksmith upgrade a Silver Knight sword to +4, went in and slapped their shit on my second try with the silver knight sword.

Now I just can't get rid of the idea that they are just another stat/upgrade check boss much like Gargoyles so I can't enjoy the fight at all
>it's either a cakewalk because I do enough damage
>it's a fucking slog even with power withing + weapon buffs + 20 estus
>it's never a fun and tense fight
>>
>>337732760
>gargoyles
>a gearcheck
what is Four Kings
>>
>>337732728
shieldbabbies have trouble with it because they can't turtle
>>
>>337732965
Much less so because it's lategame and you have to have a pretty goddamn shitty build to have issues with damage there. Gargoyles is THE gearcheck fight.
Did you upgrade your weapon with the handily provided blacksmith? Yes, you can probably kill the first gargoyle before the second can even land
No, get fucked try again
>>
i kept ornstein alive for that sweet fashion souls armor, basically just kept smough between me and orny, tried to bait out the butt slam and poked him when able. i was still pretty shit when i fought them so it took like 2 sessions but damn it felt good when i got em
>>
>>337729870
Yass
>>
>>337733083

But you can though. Only thing you have to worry about is electric attacks.
>>
Just beat them on a replay file. Super easy. Of course the +5 Black Knight Sword with 40 STR giving me 500AR helped a bit.
>>
>>337729797
O&S are the prime example of "tough but fair" in the series.

Dark Souls 2 screwed the pooch really hard with these kind of battles because they made you fight 2 of the exact same enemy that did the exact same attacks. It wasn't balanced.

Ornstein and Smough worked because they complimented each other so well. You had the huge, slow and powerful guy coupled with the fast, small projectile user. You had an arena that gave you cover and a means to control the fight to some degree. Everything about that fight was well crafted.

You only had to burn down 1, so it gave you a bunch of options. Do you chance it with the guy that was a much larger target who's attacks were slow and easily telegraphed? Or did you try and keep him as far away as possible whilst you dueled with the smaller guy?

I pity the poor bastards who can't play with no lock-on though.
>>
>>337734726
>ornstein can attack through smough
>his dash move that spergs out everywhere

I mean I like the boss and it isnt hard once you get used to it but calling him fair is debatable
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.