[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to start this what am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (328 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
file.png
328 KB, 600x449
About to start this

what am I in for?
>>
>>337728551
Good gameplay ruined by a shit story and characters (mostly Kat). Were I you, I'd put on the Classic Dante costume asap.
>>
>>337729001
And I hope you're playing the Definitive Edition.
>>
>>337729001
you forgot shitty bosses, shitty platforming
>>
>>337729494
Platforming wasn't bad, and the only bad boss I recall was Mundus.
>>
>>337728551
Are you playing DE? If not, get ready for a color coded enemies.
>>
>Never played a DMC game before
>Try this from last humble bundle
>Have tons of fun
Underrated game.
>>
>>337728551
>Definitive Edition
Why didn't they releases it on PC? Annoys me to no end.
>>
>>337729872
it artificially makes the game longer, requires no skill and has no use other then showing how pretty the levels are, bosses arent really bad but they arent good either, the last boss was the only one that was fun
>>
>>337729001
No, he needs that one Mexico mod.
You know the one.
>>
>>337730043
Because Ninja Theory know thay PC gaymers are literal cocksuckers.
>>
>>337730135
I agree on the platforming as far as those sections where you are first introduced to it are concerned. The Hunter and Bob Barkas(?) fight was good.
>>
>>337730018
>Obligatory stop liking what I don't like post
>>
>>337730382
*were

Fuck me
>>
>Devil May Cry
mediocre garbage like every game in the series. except with edgeshit instead of weebshit.
>>
>>337730170
Rather be a fag with good taste than a nigger with shot on my lips.
>>
File: 1452019544592.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1452019544592.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>337728551
>>
>>337728551
Atrocious writing, poor game design and lots of bugs
Underwhelming gameplay plagued by terrible design decisions, not on par with the series' standard
Great aesthetics, surprisingly bearable platforming sections, satisfying (if easy) dodging

Overall the best part about it was the shitstorm previous to the release, and how tameem committed media suicide after it bombed
>>
>>337730169
MI NOMBRE ES DANTE!
SOY UN EXTERMINADOR DE DEMONIOS!
>>
>>337732020
I never noticed any bugs on the ps3 or ps4 versions.
>>
>>337732994
They're fucking prolific.
>>
>>337733123
I'm waiting for an example.
>>
>>337733773
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dmc+devil+may+cry+definitive+edition+bugs

Take your fucking pick anon.
>>
ridiculously boring bosses
fun but limited combat
really weird cutscene editing with sounds off-sync and screams that fit nothing at all
garbage story with a character as powerful as dante for an ally but never does anything through out it because reasons
terrorist organization that is made up of three members

>>337733773
not him but there are dozens of errors with hitbox collisions, model appendages (like cloth not bound to the body) extending from a previous position, you launch enemies higher and farther if you hit them from the back (this is kinda useful in some combos), rainstorm is an exceptionally bugged move, land cancelling is weird (very much a bug but enhances combo possibilities) and that is all i can remember
>>
>>337728551
Solid 7 out of 10 game, good visuals and encounter design. Only weak part is the cringey as fuck characters and story for literal 12 year olds.
>>
>>337734389
Guess I've just been lucky.
>>
>>337728551
Son, I've played every DMC there is, and I want to tell you one major thing about that game.

It's not as bad as people think.

While it's much easier than every other game in the series, and Ninja Theory did screw up a couple of things Namely making Dante and Virgil Half angels half demons. The game itself is good. Dante actually grows as a character in it, which is nice. The combat isn't pretty decent, and most importantly it's nice to see another take on a classic character. There are a lot of people who think this game is shit, but don't let that ruin it before you even start it. Give it a chance, and it's a pretty good game.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.