[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think if Doom 3 had been a brand new IP it would've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: doom3.png (1022 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
doom3.png
1022 KB, 1280x720
Do you think if Doom 3 had been a brand new IP it would've been received better?

I personally love the game. Fast shooting, great atmosphere and world building, and it's immersive as fuck.
>>
>>337725341
I hated DOOM 3 when it first came out, but going back and playing it and comparing it to my FPS experiences between its release and now and it turns out to truly be a gem. BFG edition helped make it even more so.
>>
>>337726523

What did the BFG edition add/change?
>>
>>337727235
Added better graphics and removed the notoriously bad not being able to use a weapon and the flashlight at the same time requirement
>>
>>337727235
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_3:_BFG_Edition
>>
>>337727457
You mean worse graphics with no mod support
>>
It's a damn good game when you think about, truly a hidden gem.
>>
>>337727235
The BFG edition actually ruined Doom 3 and had worse textures than the original release.
>>
>>337725341
Zombie closets were annoying. I understood the nostalgia reason, but it hurt the gameplay.
>>
>>337728469
It also has unskippable cutscenes which make it such a chore to dive into a new game.

>>337727457
The whole game is well lit. After making it back to the checkpoint where you got your pistol there is no point where you ever need to use your torch again.
>>
The only thing it would have been remembered for is its graphics engine.

The game itself is a by-the-numbers mix of Half-Life and System Shock 2 featuring the armies of Hell as the enemy.
>>
Nightmare with the soul cube from the start is pretty comfy.

As long you don't waste the cube it pretty much carries you through every encounter. I haven't played it on hard but I'd guess it would be harder than nightmare, oddly enough.
>>
>>337728203

>Narrower Field of View (FOV).

Yea fuck that with a 10 foot pole.
>>
>>337729064
>The game itself is a by-the-numbers mix of Half-Life and System Shock 2 featuring the armies of Hell as the enemy.
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
Maybe a little. It still wouldn't change the fact that it ran terribly originally.
>>
>>337729114
It does have multi-monitor support which is pretty good.
>>
>>337729114
>>337728331
>>
>>337729114
>Being this new you don't know how to tweak config files
http://www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_8.html
jesus christ, child
>>
>>337729451
kill yourself reddit
>>
>>337728732
It's not a torch. It's a flashlight. If it was a torch it would burn. Stupid Britbong.
>>
It's fantastic. At first I was pissed about the flashlight thing, but after a while it just clicks. It's supposed to be a terrifying choice between light and fight.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.