[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>when it tries to be Old Republic it sucks >when it tries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 11
File: bald demigod guy.jpg (1019 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
bald demigod guy.jpg
1019 KB, 1366x768
>when it tries to be Old Republic it sucks
>when it tries to be Dragon Age its great

Yet people dwell on the first part and miss out on the second.
Is Inquisition the most underrated new game on /v/?
>>
>>337709935
the Inquisition is the most retarded autistic sjw bullshit i have ever seen in my life
>>
>>337710271
>sjw

Nice meme.
>>
>New
>two years old
Still a shit game and that excluding the gay shit.
>>
File: the inquisition judges you.png (718 KB, 932x531) Image search: [Google]
the inquisition judges you.png
718 KB, 932x531
>>337710580
>gay shit

The memes again.
Did you play the game? "SJW" and "gay" aren't words I'd use to describe it.
>>
>>337709935
Solas looks better than Uncharted 4
>>
File: OBJECTION.png (2 MB, 1663x874) Image search: [Google]
OBJECTION.png
2 MB, 1663x874
>>337711297
I wouldn't go that far. The game looks better for sure, but Uncharted 4's character models, especially Drake, seem to be top notch.
Frostbite has amazing shots if you rotate the camera a bit here and there, but it doesn't look as good in motion, without setting up screenshots.
Still great, just not AS good as the image in the OP.
>>
>>337709935
desu the game would be pretty good if they removed all the mmo-tier shit (i.e. 90% of "quests" and all gathering/collectible stuff) and rebalanced the combat system a little bit to not be so trivial and encourage tactics.

but it's just a classical case of art where adding more doesn't make it better, in fact it makes it worse.
>>
>>337711650
>team that just got done making an MMO
>told to make a new Dragon Age within 14 months
>halfway through production they are told they will get another 12 months of dev time
>told the game has to be twice as big

I mean, what did you expect? You can more or less tell where the Dragon Age MMO content is, where the core "one year dev time" Dragon Age game is, and where the "make it a big, high budget large open world game" stretching of content is. You can also see some mobile phone game parts, the missions that require you to wait real life hours, up to 24 hours or so.
The game doesn't mix these well. And you can easily see where the different projects were stitched together to release with the tacked on multiplayer.

Its a bit cliche, but I feel EA fucked Bioware badly by having them first make a quick linear story driven DA, and then midway having them turn it into an open long game instead.
>>
File: 1348700674787.png (46 KB, 272x269) Image search: [Google]
1348700674787.png
46 KB, 272x269
>>337709935
>Game eats up CPU like a landwhale eats burgers
>Even on lowest settings

Who optimized this shit?!
>>
File: the greatest game.png (2 MB, 1920x1003) Image search: [Google]
the greatest game.png
2 MB, 1920x1003
bump for discussion
>>
>>337709935
It's underrated, but it's also woefully inadequate in some areas like animations for it's budget.
>>
>>337712053
no doubt.
>>
>>337712053
Considering it's EA we should have expected this would happen years in advance
>>
>>337709935
>First game is about a Secret Order and hellish Demons/Dragon
>Second game is about Templars vs Mages, one of the most interesting settings every developed in a fantasy universe
>Third game abandons both plotlines from previous game with half-assed reasons and devolves into elven faggotry bullshit

nah fuck DAI
>>
Who is the /pol/ faction in this game? The templars or the mages? Also are there more factions?
>>
>>337710404
>>337710848
>>337714276

you are some lonely little fucks
>>
>>337709935
the story missions of Inquisition are decent

everything else is eh
>>
>Faggot Age

not even a true RPG, not even Origins.
>>
>>337709935
It's pretty medicore.

And some people love medicore for some reason. The game felt like a fucking mmo with all the retarded quests. The story was the same old shit I've seen from Bioware since KoTR. The characters include some of the more decent and the worst that bioware ever made. Blackwall is cool but Seras (or whatever her name is) is one of the worst companions I've ever seen in an rpg.

The game is like the base-line Bioware game. It does a meh job at everything to the point that any of it's competition is doing an aspect of it much better. It isn't worth 60 and it doesn't have the Baldur's Gate feel of Origins. So again Bioware fucks up on understanding why anyone really liked origins despite it being at best decent and at worst medicore.

No Inquisition is not underrated. It's over-hated as some kind of SJW abomination, but it's not a good rpg. It's that rpg that you buy on a whim with a shady box blurb that turns out to be better than you thought. Because of that you start waiting for a sequel to fix all the problems.

The problem here is that Inquisition is the third fucking game in the series that has a shifting identity. The art is still a weird mixture between Warcraft and Tolkien. The lore is still generic elves and fantasy tropes. The characters are still shallow. The game mechanics still don't know if they want to be BG or that weird Dynasty Warriors for babies that 2 was.

This series disappointed me. Origins was a surprise that ultimately needed the polish and depth that a sequel should give. 2's story was a great idea with a terrible execution, well a terrible execution in everything. 3 is like the apology letter from someone who doesn't know what they're apologizing for.
This is just a wreck of bad decisions and game design. The best thing that EA could do is hand the license off to someone who has a vision and doesn't give a fuck what the fans want. Because that product would be wholesale better than this with a stronger focus.
>>
>>337719851
>The story was the same old shit I've seen from Bioware since KoTR.

You mean "good"?
>>
>>337719851
This is a pretty good explanation
>>337720181
It wasn't good ,DAI had all the depth of a Saturday morning cartoon.
>>
soooo... mediocre..
>>
the base game was bad, DLCs were actually good
>>
File: 1463124749025.jpg (90 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1463124749025.jpg
90 KB, 500x492
>>337709935
CISquistion is shit. Origins or gtfo.

>>337710404
>>337710848
I want neo /v/ to leave.
>>
>>337720751
The DLC didn't introduce more "game" to the game, just more plot.
If you liked the DLC, this means you liked the main game too, since they are the same thing.
>>
File: umad.png (2 MB, 1700x956) Image search: [Google]
umad.png
2 MB, 1700x956
>>337720835
>cis
>neo
>sjw
>gay

What did /pol/ mean by this?
>>
File: 1462340442380.jpg (149 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1462340442380.jpg
149 KB, 800x820
>>337720969
It means your cancer and should kill yourself.
Save yourself the humiliation of being deported once /pol/ wins.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.