[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would this game have been received if it came out today,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
How would this game have been received if it came out today, ignoring its primitive graphics?
>>
modern reviewers would probably give it a 6 or 7 because they wouldn't be able to adapt to the controls.
>>
>>337702862
It'd been considered "offensive and detrimental to the already marginalized Black America"
>>
>>337702862
Gta sa remastered would be pretty dank.
>>
>>337703994
>Gta sa remastered
that already happened though :^P
>>
>>337703446
I can literally only think of three racially charged moments in the game:

>Those redneck stereotypes with the combine harvester.
>Pulaski apologizing to Hernandez for calling someone a stupid Mexican.
>Sweet throwing a fit over Kendl dating a "cholo motherfucker."

For such a long-ass game with a black protagonist, that's very little racial content.

Good job, Rockstar. You could have made a preachy hackwork, but you opted for fun instead.
>>
>>337704265
>CJ: You do know I'm black, right? And not Chinese.
>Woozie: I'm blind Carl, not dumb. :)
Nah fuck off, that chink is racist as shit.
>>
There would be a socio-political backlash and crying over black gangbangers being a good boy who dindu nuffin despite the fact there wasn't a lot of racism to speak of
>>
>>337704557
you forget that only whites can be rasists
>>
>>337704557
Oh yeah, that part. I forgot about that.

That was fucking funny.
>>
>>337704557
Today people would say it's offensive to African-born people who identify as Chinese.
>>
File: 1462047175768.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1462047175768.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>337702862
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3547834/Violent-new-anti-jihadi-video-game-changes-Isis-flag-depict-DOG-instead-Allah-uses-smiley-face-place-Muhammed-racist-inventor-boasts-anti-Muslim.html
>read article
>they claim both that "ISIS in not Islam" and "game is islamophobic" and they don't see contradiction.
>read comments
internet, proud of you!

I start to thinking that this may have be point of their game. So people see discussion and start calling out liberals bullshit
>>
>>337704265
Just the fact that you're playing as a ghetto thug would be enough.
>>
This thread is funny
>>
>>337705727
That's pretty racially charged in my opinion. Not that it makes the game any worse.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.