[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KAIN IS DEIFIED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: 1401462953039.jpg (162 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1401462953039.jpg
162 KB, 640x480
KAIN IS DEIFIED
>>
>>337701840
KAIN REFUSED THE SACRIFICE
BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIN
>>
>>337701840

Most badass intro in gaming history
>>
>>337702870
YES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyNOBsiApVo
>>
CAST
>>
>>337702870
>>337703270
Which was better, 1 or 2's main theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNWSDvDqm9g
>>
>>337703346

HIS
>>
>>337703171
Defiance's is better but I think I'm biased because I get hard every time I hear Kain speak.
>Given the choice, whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire; or to challenge the fates for another throw - a better throw - against one's destiny... what was a king to do? But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
>>
Why do only fighting games have good intros anymore?
>>
File: 1437957560053.png (763 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437957560053.png
763 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw playing trough Dark Souls and getting nostalgia vibes about Legacy of Kain
>>
>>337703346
HIM IN
>>
"and thus defy...the tyrannous stars"

What did he mean by this? Stars are really far away and probably aren't telling any one what to do.
>>
>>337703502
There will never be a new Souls Reaver / Blood Omen game.
Thank goodness for that. They would ruin them so fuck that.
Seriously, try to imagine it. A Ubisoft/Square collaboration. Souls Omen: Rebootreaver
>>
>>337703540
The stars were a metaphor for the ones who were above the rest, like fate,elder god and so on. And through his actions Kain defied them
>>
>>337703434

It is also a better game.
>>
>>337703434
They are both Elder God Tier so I refuse to choose.
>>
>>337703434
I'd go for the the 1st because it gives me a better nostalgia vibe than 2
>>
>>337703705
maybe, last few times i tried to replay it, the game drags hard in some of the dungeons, some of the puzzles are just tedious as fuck
>>
>>337703772
>Unlocking the Soul Reaver for the first time
>Game actually rewards you for never being hit
>>
KAIN IS DEIFIED.
THE CLANS TELL TALES OF HIM.
FOR SOME REASON MOBIUS LEFT A TIME-STREAMING DEVICE INTACT FOR HIM TO USE TO ALTER HIS FATE.
HE HIT "THE EDGE OF THE COIN" BY REMOVING THE PARTIAL REAVER FROM RAZIEL IN ORDER TO "DEFY THE MACHINATIONS OF FATE" ONLY FOR HIS ADVERSARIES TO STILL CLEARLY SEE HOS ACTIONS.
THE ONLY PARADOXES THAT ARE CATACLYSMIC ARE ONES INVOLVING THE REAVER.
ALSO THE HYLDEN!

Retarded story full of holes.
>>
File: reimu.jpg (53 KB, 420x381) Image search: [Google]
reimu.jpg
53 KB, 420x381
Back in the days, italian video games magazines used to come with a full game bundled with them. I knew almost nothing of pc gaming back then because I mostly played only on the n64 and, well, no internet. One of such magazines gifted me both Souls Reaver 1 and, a couple of years later, the sequel.
Fuck, I miss those times.
>I will never relieve the waiting for that time of the month where I got more vidya news and a full game that, even when shit, was still good entertainment.
Not my blog I know, but this thread made me realize how much time passed since then.
>>
>>337704132
Well, there was all that shit about what being the Keeper of Balance, the origin of vampires, Yanos Audron and, well, the entire rest of the plot.
I mean it was no perfect, but quite well written.
>>
>>337703649
I know. It's a shitty meme.
>>
>>337703853

I don't see the contradiction here. The SR is the most powerful weapon in the game, and it only works if your health is full. You should avoid being hit the whole time
>>
>>337704337
B-but anon, I was praising the game.
>>
>>337703434

I like both

the first sets the stage for the whole ordeal

the second is more personal to raziel's struggle
>>
>>337704409

AH shit. Sorry man, I misundestood your point
>>
>>337703434

GIVEN THE CHOICE
>>
>>337704289

There's actually way more... I just thought of the shit immediate to Kain.

>Vorador makes no sense as a character.
>Mortanius make no sense character thanks to retconning.
>The Elder God and Mobius unravel their own plans at every turn.
>"PARADOXES."
>The "Edge of the Coin" conclusion being shat on immediately by Defiance.
>Nuprator being retarded.

There's a ton of this shit.
>>
>>337703779

The thing with 2 is that there's little to no gameplay in it. It's linear as fuck, there are no optional areas to explore, and it is an average adventure game overall. But the story is god tier, I'll give you that
>>
Daily reminder that Soul Reaver could have turned out to be even more ambitious than it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqEo6_3QB2c
>>
>>337703434

this song is almost offensively awesome
just listen to this shit
what the fuck? HOW? this is so fucking badass, i cannot believe it
there has never been a song more thematically fitting for a games setting before
>>
>>337704132

what did you expect, a woman wrote it
>>
>>337701840
>tfw only found out after buying that the PC version is apparently the worst version of the game
>Get tired of running around, trying to navigate the map by deciphering runes
>Forget what I'm supposed to do after coming back to it after breaks

How do I into Soul Reaver.
>>
>>337704680
This isn't the first thread where you've given voice to these grievances, is it?
>>
File: 1424714478724.png (65 KB, 1127x221) Image search: [Google]
1424714478724.png
65 KB, 1127x221
>Nobody has posted this yet
Step up your game /v/
>>
>>337705386
get the dreamcast version or i guess maybe emulating the PSX version is possible
>>
>>337703434

>dem chains
>that rythm
>those horns that literally scream "gothic vampire shit is going down son"

my favourite song in all of vidya
>>
File: 1425490858488.png (332 KB, 544x402) Image search: [Google]
1425490858488.png
332 KB, 544x402
>>337703434

They're both god-tier, and both written by the same guy (Kurt Harland of the synthwave band Information Society), but forced to choose, it'd be Ozar Midrashim.

Fun fact: Ozar Midrashim was actually the first track from Harland's 1997 album Don't Be Afraid, which is a fucking god-tier work of nihilistic cyberpunk art.
>>
>>337705386
>the PC version is apparently the worst version of the game
It's the only one I played, what was wrong with it?
>>
>>337704132
Yeah only if Raziel didn't exist. You're retarded, kill yourself.
>>
>>337705667
Worse controls and shit loads of graphical glitches compared to the console versions.
>>
>>337703434

>emerge from the spirit realm
>reality shifts around you
>the world is in decay
>your twisted son's brothers are malformed bloodsucking beasts
>grab a fucking pole from a wall and start ramming in in their assholes
>pummel them to a pulp and then fucking smash that shit in their torso impaling them
>suck their soul out of their cadaver and watch as they turn into ash
>all of this while the main theme is flowing in the background

man the first soul reaver was so fucking GOOD especially at the start, so sad that the series became nothing but MUH CONVOLUTED PARADOXICAL STORY and linear shit, soul reaver was the perfect blend of worldbuilding and fun gameplay like in blood omen, damn you amy henning
>>
File: iFtSaAwEMNvbf.jpg (2 MB, 1192x7552) Image search: [Google]
iFtSaAwEMNvbf.jpg
2 MB, 1192x7552
This is interesting
>>
>>337701840
CAST HIM IN
>>
>>337705951
>A 3d metroidvania
>metroidvania
STOP CALLING EVERYTHING A METROIDVANIA REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>337705951
SR1 was originally supposed to end with Raziel using the belltower to kill all vampires and himself.
The existing ending leading to SR2 was better.

SR2 used almost all the ideas they had for SR1 but had to cut, and anything that didn't make it into SR2 made it into Defiance.

Also, and audio recording of the original ending exits. It's stupid, especially given what we know about the Elder God.
>>
Does anyone know if Defiance is backwards compatible on Xbox 360?
>>
>>337704132
>FOR SOME REASON MOBIUS LEFT A TIME-STREAMING DEVICE INTACT FOR HIM TO USE TO ALTER HIS FATE.
Mobius knew that Kain would need to to guide Raziel through the past to the one point where he could kill him. In William the Just's tomb, where the ORIGINAL PLAN of Mobius was to end.
>HE HIT "THE EDGE OF THE COIN" BY REMOVING THE PARTIAL REAVER FROM RAZIEL IN ORDER TO "DEFY THE MACHINATIONS OF FATE" ONLY FOR HIS ADVERSARIES TO STILL CLEARLY SEE HOS ACTIONS.
This was explained earlier in SR2 and to some extent in Defiance. The ending of SR2 was a foreseeable outcome, and had very little effect on the timeline. Kain does not actually posses free will.

>THE ONLY PARADOXES THAT ARE CATACLYSMIC ARE ONES INVOLVING THE REAVER.
No, the Reaver is incidental. The paradox is RAZIEL.

Did you even play the games?
>>
>>337704680
>Vorador makes no sense as a character.
Howso? Vorador is old and decadent. Explain how is is never not those things.

>Mortanius make no sense character thanks to retconning.
Mortanius makes perfect sense thanks to retconning. Explain how you think he doesn't.

>The Elder God and Mobius unravel their own plans at every turn.
Howso? Their plan was actually almost foolproof except for Raziel.

>"PARADOXES."
You're an idiot?

>The "Edge of the Coin" conclusion being shat on immediately by Defiance.
What lead you to believe that SR2's ending would solve everything? All they did was delay the inevitable.

>Nuprator being retarded.
You mean driven insane by seeing his lifelong lover viciously murdered.
>>
>>337706661

and defiance ans SR2 were utter shit compared to SR1 and BO
>>
>>337708103
I disagree.
SR1 was pretty terrible.
Did you forget the dumb block puzzles?
>>
>>337708103
SR2 has some of the best acting in the entire medium.
>>
>>337705424
post more razielposting
>>
>>337704172
I enjoyed your blog, I miss the old days too sometimes.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.