[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it all go so wrong? Was it the forced uPlay? Was it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: GWHgYwUd.png (233 KB, 571x571) Image search: [Google]
GWHgYwUd.png
233 KB, 571x571
Where did it all go so wrong? Was it the forced uPlay? Was it the giving up on Prince of Persia? Milking AC after the original trilogy(AC3)?!
Was it the shitty PC ports and lack of care for PC gaming?

Was it releasing broken halfbaked games?

Was it the aysha tyler meme?

Was it the horrible music in the ac movie trailer?

Was it ....
>>
It was when everyone had huge hopes and Ubi never delivered on their expectations despite never promising to do so either.
>>
uplay was the death of the PC side, but the pc market hasn't been a primary market for anything but FPS and MMOs for a long time so I don't think that was a large part of it.

Anyway, nothing is actually wrong with ubisoft, they're still profitable even with all their issues. The problem is people buy their games.

Anyway I liked the division in the beta and first weeks of launch before the exploits rose to the surface and the general populace started exploiting them.
>>
I really want to like them because they're the only Big game company that try new IPs and make cool niche games but holy shit
SJWs, lies and buggy games dont help
>>
They achieve about 60-80% of what their E3 bullshots show. Still Ubi seem to be the only company not afraid to release new ip almost yearly. They're also king if the rehash as well. But I like Ubi games because I'm not some fag that expects too much from toys. I'm going to get in the alpha/beta for For Honor. I did a survey for it the other day.
>>
File: 2016-05-11 13.51.10.jpg (291 KB, 1390x1057) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-11 13.51.10.jpg
291 KB, 1390x1057
>>337680651
>>
>>337678632
>Milking AC after the original trilogy(AC3)?!
Yeah, that's where things started.
Remember when they released Brotherhood and everyone praised them because "unlike CoD they manage to get yearly releases right by making quality games"?

Remember when the AC series was one of the most beloved?
>>
>had hope for them when they released rayman origins
>goes back to shit afterwards
The fuck is happening with them?
>>
>>337680828
yeah i loved ac2 and then brotherhood i was like... "hmm i guess its a full game i cant complain but this shouldve just been at the end of ac2" and then revelation... only good parts were ending and altair parts. and then 3.... JESUS FUCING CHRIST combat was SOOO GLITCHY and then THEY PUT IT INTO 4 UNCHANGED! Same glitcheS!!!!!!!

then unity... i mean... is that game even any good or has it been patched?
>>
>>337681028
are you 12?
>>
>>337681060
25 in 4th year of Honours of bachelor of environemtnal science. its teh internte fuck off
>>
>>337681156
The only games I can think of that I wan from ubi are legends and forgotten sands, but they won't put them on gog, so no luck there. Beyond that they haven't made any games I'm interested in, and admittedly part of the desire for the above two is investment in those series already. In other words, they just don't make interesting games anymore. AC was just an extension of poptt, which isn't that well regarded to begin with and the fps and stealth series have all gotten progressively worse, though I don't really care about those, so I'm just speaking from observation of fan reactions.
>>
>>337682020
im actually one of the few ppl who loved tt. but sands of time was the best if only it had the better combat from tt itd be best game ever. but combat so SHITEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>337682201
I think combat in POP has generally been bad, so there's nothing new there. I still amaze that they kept running with it in AC, and that they get lauded for it, but to each their own. I dunno, maybe ubi needs new blood or something. The most interesting thing I can think of even mildly related is WILD, and that only came about when ancel stepped away from Ubi...
>>
I wish more publishers were like Ubisoft. They became so shit that I can safely dismiss any game they release nowadays with no remorse. They're making my life easier. Most publishers are still in the grey.
>>
>>337678632

Definitely Asscreed. Now most if not all of their AAA games suffer from the same maximalist open world design philosophy.
>>
>>337683160
EA, Activision, and blizzard are in the grey? MS? Capcom?

>>337683186
In the end, it's about profit maximization.
>>
>>337683980
Capcom really pisses me off because they make fun games but always do retarded decisions like put it on shitty handhelds or release it six months too early.
>>
File: 1330450989462.jpg (114 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1330450989462.jpg
114 KB, 633x758
>friend asked me to play watch dogs with her
>search all around for a sale
>gamergate having an ubisoft catalog sale
>"fuck yeah, let me get my cc--"
>watch dogs is not on sale
seriously, wtf
>>
>>337684830
consider yourself lucky.

i cant bring myself to finish it and i don't even think i got halfway through.
>>
>>337684419
>butt-salty over MH4U
I won't pretend like I don't want it on a console, but literally which one made more sense at the time?

>ps3
last gen
>360
last gen, wouldn't sell even if it was
>wii-u
literally who bought one? doubt MH3 sold well on it
>vita
would've helped poor vita sales, but why risk it
>pc
they want people to actually buy their game
>ps4/xbone
which meant holding back their title
>>
>>337680949
Rayman Origins and Legends are oddities because they were made in Ubisoft Montpellier and directed by Michel Ancel.
>>
File: thisbrokerecordsales.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
thisbrokerecordsales.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>337684830
you didn't miss anything, you saved your money
>>
>>337678632
Please just make another good Driver game.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.