[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k thread Space Hulk Deathwing and Dawn of War 3 are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: IGArtCodex.jpg (52 KB, 525x360) Image search: [Google]
IGArtCodex.jpg
52 KB, 525x360
Warhammer 40k thread
Space Hulk Deathwing and Dawn of War 3 are both coming out "soon".
>>
I'm not getting my hopes up for space hulk coming out this year. I will expect it next summer and be pleasantly surprised if it comes earlier.
>>
>>337670330
How's the Gothic Armada game? I heard it's unbalanced as fuck or something.
>>
>>337670930
Grindy as hell. I've not had balance issues, but I haven't played multiplayer so it might be a balance thing, it might just be asshats and people who don't know how to counter eldar bitching.
>>
>>337671041
I don't recall what race it was for, but apparently a lot of multiplayer boils down to "if you use the fastest ship, you've basically won", especially since there's a game mode where one player has to escape while being chased by the other player.
>>
Claiming this thread for Leman Russ and the Space Wolves

Dork Angles fuck off
>>
>>337671237
>game mode where one player has to escape while being chased by the other player.
I forgot about convoy missions. They're really crap missions no matter which side you're taking. Throw in the speed and manoeuvrability of the Eldar and I can just imagine the anger that could be generated.
>>
>>337671361
How's the yiffing going ?
>>
File: based ig.jpg (345 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
based ig.jpg
345 KB, 1024x1448
>>337670330
>no game with the IG
I want another game that includes the best faction
>>
>>337673001
It's going to be added to DoW3 eventually or as pre order DLC
>>
>>337673001
Isn't one of the DoW1 expansions about the IG?
>>
>>337670930
Its pretty fun.
The balance issues come from the fact that one faction plays completely differently to the others and those who have gotten proficient with them are absolutely annihilating everyone else in seconds on the battlefield.
>>
Is it bad that i want an Overwatch-like on Warhammer 40k ?
>>
>>337675896
It would have to be one faction vs another for it to make any sense and not be a total lore rape.
>>
>>337676186
Or make some Warp-fuckery /Deldar arena to calm Lore-fags
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 1128x801) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 1128x801
>>337670330

Space Marine 2 when?
>>
>>337676475
Never.
>>
>>337676475
I've had Space Marine on my mind for ages now, I played a few hours of it but then I moved house and haven't had my computer for a few months but I've been wanting to continue it this whole time.
>>
>>337670330
I expect both of them to be wonky shit lorewise like about every other 40K game ever, but Space hulk having embraced the "we´re the good guys in this and we murder our own constantly, deus vult!" is some major positive in that regard.
The instant teleportation to a safe spot not so much.
>>
>>337677020
The Space Hulk devs have said they've got Gav Thorpe doing some writing so I assume the lore is going to be fairly spot on with any major departures for gameplay reasons.
>>
>>337675896
Not if you don´t expect to have any representation from any of the major factions.
A thing like this could conceivably happen beyond the borders of the imperium.

The question is, do people really care about the more pedestrian side of 40K without marines and space monster xenos daemon robots? Something like necromunda, where gangs fight on the scale of actual wars? My guess is no.
>>
>>337677176
>Gav Thorpe
Really? he was one of the better writers of codices and fluff, at least before having the majority of blame for CSM 4e dumped on him instead of cavatore and his subsequent fall from grace...
>>
>>337677651
They say he's working with them in the latest gameplay trailer and state this means there's going to be easter eggs for fans, probably in the form of call backs to earlier editions of the setting. Maybe something like 950 dead blood angels in the bowels of a space hulk.
>>
Replaying dawn of war 2 and its expansions to fill the void
>>
>>337677954
I'm about to start playing DoW1 and I can't wait to finish it so that I can start 2, so fucking pumped
>>
>>337673001
>What is Dawn Of War: Winter Assault?
>>
Which do you think has a better campaign:
>Dawn of War
>Dawn of War 2
>Warcraft 3
>>
>>337680138
Which dawn of war? vanilla, one of the expansions?
>>
>>337680352
Vanilla, but which are your favorite expansions?
>>
>>337680434
I prefer the Dark Crusade campaign from DoW. Having the bases carry over was good. With 2 Chaos Rising was the best in terms of story, Retribution for characters.
>>
File: 14622893626930.jpg (2 MB, 6980x3663) Image search: [Google]
14622893626930.jpg
2 MB, 6980x3663
>>337670330
>Dawn of War 3
>>
>>337670930
Eldar battleships are extremely over powered.
The funny part is Eldar internet defense force is a real thing, they will bitch and moan to keep Pulsar's from getting getting the nerf it actually deserves.

A Eldar battleship can destroy anything other than another battleship outside your censor range and then fly away before you can even try to combat them.

-If you want to try and microjump to get closer?
Too bad he microjumped too
-Taunt?
Taunt only lasts 3 seconds and then he can just fly away as normal, even then if you use taunt you actually make it easier for the eldar player to pulsar you because taunt aims the gun for him
-Stasis bomb?
any fucking kid can dodge stasis bombs now
-Lightning strike
still only a 50% chance to do fuckall, if the eldar player has a special favor it drops to 35%.

In fact the only way to truly counter an eldar battleship is to hope to god he's an idiot and will get within range so you can use lightning strike, taunt and fucking everything you have on him JUST so you have a 50% chance of disabling it's engine's which he can still most likely just skip away out of your range.

And most of the time players won't make that same mistake twice in a match. Eldar are vastly OP(but lighter cruisers you can sort of deal with), but their battleship is disgustingly OP.
>>
>>337676475
DoW3 has to sell well first.
>>
>>337680914

>The funny part is Eldar internet defense force is a real thing

For the last 25 years eldar players have bitched at other players (forums make this very easy these days) if eldar aren't the most powerful force in any game they appear.

What is hilarious is partly due to GW's inability to write rules ands partly from a background justification in the TT BFG game necrons fucking cream eldar who are otherwise better than all other factions.

DoW is known as dawn of eldar for a reason and don't even get me started on the actual tabletop game through the editions.
>>
>>337680914
You think their battleship is op, have you ever gone against their space stations?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.