[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel repulsed they had to change the onigiri for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: eat.png (1 KB, 144x107) Image search: [Google]
eat.png
1 KB, 144x107
Anyone else feel repulsed they had to change the onigiri for hamburger because of uneducated Americans?
>>
>>337668093
>because of uneducated Americans?
"uneducated" is redundant in that context
>>
>>337668093
Eat your hamburgers Apollo
>>
>>337668093
The only repulsive thing here is the thought of playing alex kidd
>>
>>337668093
Burger is tastier and I could see Alex enjoying it more
>>
I played the Euro version and it had riceballs.
>>
Having only grown up with the lost stars alex kidd game, I always wondered why every made such a big deal of these games. Then emulation happened and I got to try the "real" alex kidd game.

Rock paper scissors is shit.
>>
My Master System had the onigiri with english text, but the buttons where backwards.

Something else was different too, but I can't quite recall what it was.
Probably ghost/extra life placements or 'janken' cycles.
>>
>playing Alex Kidd
>>
>>337669952
>>337668520
>being a nintendrone
>>
>>337670490
every SEGA game even Sonic beats the shit out of Alex Kidd
>>
Now THIS is the correct way to have regional edits in games or "Censoring" as the kids like to call it
>>
>>337670949

No it's not. It's the same thing.
>>
>>337671023
You're not
>>
File: 1435497878765.jpg (8 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
1435497878765.jpg
8 KB, 250x239
It's a minor change that would otherwise leave a lot of children scratching their heads, wondering what Alex is eating. Did you honestly know what a rice ball was when you were very young?
>>
>>337668093
The version I played still had onigiri. European maybe.
>>
>>337671449

I would have just thought it's some kind of mushroom.
>>
>>337671459
My ROM says USA, Europe so I'm confused here.
>>
>>337668093
Why would they switch jelly filled donuts for hamburgers?
>>
File: 1460209581123.png (762 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1460209581123.png
762 KB, 1280x800
>>
>>337671631
I've made these with jam in before. They work fairly well if you do the rice with strawberry milk as well.
Dumplings probably work better if you're using jam/nutella though.
>>
>>337671631
>jelly filled donuts
You got that from Brock right?
>>
>>337668093
Wow, even SEGA is censoring their games? Guess we can't trust them anymore either
>>
>>337671793
Nutella is fucking disgusting to me and every time I tell someone that they think I'm an alien.

WELL FUCK YOU IF I DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU LIKE
>>
>>337668093
No because at the time of release I likely wouldn't have known since I didn't have the internet. If it was released today it would be inexcusable. Yes I am making the current year argument.
>>
Honestly why the fuck is he eating rice balls to begin with? Rice balls suck.
>>
>>337671853
>>
>>337671928
I guess you just don't like hazelnuts and chocolate mixed together you poor sack of shit.
>>
>>337671449
Should we do the same kind of changes in other media too? Change the food Sandokan eats and the animals he sees, for example?
>>
>>337671992
>liking nuts mixed with chocolate
I bet you're a closet homo who wants them BBCs
>>
>>337672103
What about peanut butter mixed with chocolate?
Peanuts aren't nuts.
>>
>>337671449
When I was a kid I just asked my mom what those white things were and she told me they were rice balls, because you know, kids are not that stupid and they love asking a million fucking questions.
>>
Alex Kidd in Miracle World was part of my childhood, the master system was a pretty popular console, but either I was a little young for the first edition console or I didn't hang around with many early adopters except my cousin who had one, but it being built into the second edition console made it pretty prevalent seeing as they became quite common place.

Could never figure out the ending/final boss room, rest of it was awesome. Also remember playing the shit out of Psycho Fox, that level design, those secrets, the pink fist that you could laugh at while making penis jokes.

I went full blown NES, gameboy, SNES, N64 throughout my childhood and teenage years. Sega consoles were like a strange land, the games brash, colourful and arcade like, also some of them were seriously broken which was rare compared to the Nintendo experience.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.