[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You fuckers told me it was shit and I actually believed your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13
File: PhantomPain.jpg (277 KB, 1400x764) Image search: [Google]
PhantomPain.jpg
277 KB, 1400x764
You fuckers told me it was shit and I actually believed your hyperbole.

Just beat it and I loved every minute of it. /v/ is the worst place to talk about games, period. Everyone just says every game is shit.
>>
>>337662106
Metal gear is shit.
>>
>>337662106
It is fucking shit. You have a horrible taste.
>>
MGSV is widely criticized all across the internet, for good reason. For me, its a bigger letdown than ME3.
>>
Its shit if you've played the previous games and thought you'll see BB going down the villain route. Instead you get a shitty twist/meta ending.
>>
>>337662106
If you didn't buy it on release because the trailers got you hyped up for it, you'll never fucking understand, period.

The trailers were better than the game, that's where all the fucking soul and heart of the game went. What got released was just a fucking empty husk of a broken promise, like they got the gameplay down but forgot the subject matter like story and immersion.

Buying the game now, without the memory of what it could have been and what it promised to be but never was...I envy your ignorance.

Also who the fuck actually listens to /v/? I don't think even /v/ listens to fucking /v/...
>>
there was so much hope and hype before this games release. there were people on /v/ saying they were holding off suicide for this game, wonder if they killed themselves
>>
>>337662106
>thinking everything /v/ says is gospel
>>
>>337662106
>>337662382
OP samefagging
>>
I liked a lot of the stuff in it, but most of the levels were really garbage. Most of them are boring flat fields with a couple of houses dotted around the map. The game could have used more indoors areas both for more complex layouts and to make incoming soldiers actually a threat.
Like of course you can go through the trouble of taking the radio out stealthily but most of the bases are so small and so open that no one can really stop you from blowing your way through to the objective and then just jogging right out to the extraction point.
>>
>>337662106
You went into it with very low expectations and, as a result, got blown away. People here that played it on day one came into it with monumental levels of hype and their experience was eternally damaged because of it.
>>
the ending is literally "oh you are not the real BB, the real BB was actually doing all the interesting and cool shit you wanted to know in the first place- you know, his descent into becoming a villain..."

Now that we established the story is shit
>open world
yeah, with nothing in it. Barely any memorable missions or set pieces. Fucking GZ is more memorable than this shit. Recycling locations for different missions because the actual world is tiny. Clearly designed for PS3 in mind.
There was no reason for this to be open.
At least the stealth and shooting mechanics are good, and you do feel like a leader in the game. That saves it from being a bad game,. But it's still tremendously disappointing..
>>
>>337662214

You're shit

>>337662260

You have horrible taste. I don't even need to know what it is to know its shit.

>>337662271

The internet is a big place. Big parts of it love FF7. Other big parts of it hate FF7. Shitty and moot point, faggot.

>>337662356

I've played all the games. BB was never really a true evil bad guy or whatever. That was the entire point. People fight for different reasons, anon. Sheesh.

>>337662382

I didn't buy it on release because of my backlog. I also managed to stay spoiler free and only saw one trailer way back before pre-release. So yeah I lucked out I guess.

Point is I fucking loved it. Does /v/ enjoy anything anymore? Or do they just spend all their time on /v/ and never play anything?
>>
File: 1356854813949.png (222 KB, 417x250) Image search: [Google]
1356854813949.png
222 KB, 417x250
>>337662459

swing and a miss dude

You guys are absolute trash at calling out samefags.
>>
I never played a metal gear game before, and I stopped this as soon as I entered the hospital scene with fucking ridiculous devil and the floating alma like satan lady in the hospital.
>>
played it for 90 hours and enjoyed it a lot.

I didn't like the "boss fights" tho .. and I felt the skulls were overused.

portions of the game def feels rushed.
>>
>>337662356
Whyte do you care about story in games? They've never been good, and a Japanese dev is gonna be the last one to make something actually coherent.
>>
>>337662627
>That was the entire point
And you just missed my point. We wanted to see what made BB the guy he was in between MGS3 and the rest of the series, not some story with kojima's waifu and your(the player's) character. That's where most of the hate is coming from.
>>
>>337662848
Because most games are story-driven and if they are they should deliver on it?
>>
File: 1449519195203.gif (398 KB, 294x266) Image search: [Google]
1449519195203.gif
398 KB, 294x266
>>337662852

>baw the twist kills it for me

Sorry anon. Maybe you'll get that game someday.

It isn't as if you didn't think that that was the game you were playing until that twist, am i right?
>>
>>337662106
>/v/ is a large website with many differing opinions.
>People are more willing to shit on something than support something, especially in an anonymous setting
>Make up your own mind and stop looking to a crowd for your opinions

Life lessons for the OP.
>>
>>337662459
Look at the ratio. There are no samefags in here for the moment.

>>337662106
Gameplay-wise the game wasn't shit, but /v/ mainly focused on the negative aspects of the game for a good reason, anon. We expected a lot from the trailers and Kojima himself, but in the end the overall experience was kind of a letdown.

I wouldn't call the game shit, but I wouldn't say it was a memorable one like the others in the franchise. Good for you if you enjoyed it nonetheless, I just hope you understand where some of us are coming from.
>>
>>337662942
But MGS V very clearly wasn't.
>>
File: fucking nostalgiafags.png (151 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
fucking nostalgiafags.png
151 KB, 400x400
>>337662106

m8, 2016 /v/ is a literal fucking tumour. This is the generation of faggots that grew up on COD and Halo on XBL. That prepubescent voice screaming nigger on the mic on COD4 back in 2007 is about 20 years old now and comprises the majority of /v/'s userbase. These are the idiots you're speaking to and they think they have any right to an 'opinion'. There is literally no credibility left to this fuckhole at all. It is complete and utter cancer, make no mistake about it.
>>
>>337662947
I was waiting the entire time for some actual meaty exposition but was sorely disappointed. The trailers led me to believe it was going to be a great view of Big Boss' descent into insanity but o well
>>
>>337663115
MGS as a series is though.
>>
>>337662271
>me3 is a letdown
>not 2
Ok youre opinion doesnt mean anything
>>
>>337662947
>expect BB to go demon like the trailers showed
>get disappointment
But hey, don't like my dislike of that part of the game ruin your experience. I mean, if you're OP, you were asking for people to give out reasons why they hated it.
>>
>>337663172
>mass effect 2
>letdown

you are a fucking autistic nigger
>>
>>337662106
I bet you're one of those fuckers who thinks that the new Doom is "so awesome old school xDD"
>>
>>337663172
JUST
>>
>>337663140
>That prepubescent voice screaming nigger on the mic on COD4 back in 2007 is about 20 years old now and comprises the majority of /v/'s userbase

No worse than the prepubescent faggots that populated Counterstrike and Dota in the early '00s
>>
>>337662106
>I loved every minute of it
Even the abrupt skullface death and the ending?
>>
>>337663403

>I bet you like the new DOOM

I haven't even played it. It certainly doesn't look worth full price to me nor does it look all that much like DOOM to me. So you'd be wrong pal.
>>
>>337663287
So what if empire strikes back started with the millenium falcon being destroyed and then luke is rebuilt as a half android from the dead then given a new knockoff one for his new employers who werent hardly in the first at all but not reconned as supee impprtant, and he has to find new teammates because han leia chewy c3po and r2d2 decided thwy dont give a shit anyone. And then its just a bunch of fighting instead of story or emotion with a grimdark theme, focus on humans only

Fuck the fuck off. Me2 is ducking shit, even 3 was better

>hurp durp 3 colors ending
NEVER FUCKING MIND THE FACT THAT 2 WAS THE SAME EXCEPT IT WAS 2, NOT THREE, TWO COLORS

fucking me2 kiddies are dumb as fucking shit
>>
File: come on.png (580 KB, 811x561) Image search: [Google]
come on.png
580 KB, 811x561
>>337662947
>Absolutely nothing relevant to BB.
>Playing a self-insert with all of 5 lines of dialogue the entire game and zero personality.
>Entire time spent doing meaningless bullshit, both from a plot perspective and from a gameplay perspective. Game scrambles to justify it at the last minute with a bullshit parasite.
>Entire half of the game left incomplete and fluffed out with filler redo's of the first chapter's missions to space out the few cutscenes of plot they managed to put together before shipping the game.
>Game puts in charge of a PMC you never get to actually use for shit. Soldiers all fight off-screen, and interaction with them was never even fleshed out or finished('Hurr train with me boss!' When you can't actually train them being one of the more common examples).
>Entire game just lacks any sort of polish or soul to it. Yet another vapid, empty 'open world' scavenger hunt. So empty it would have been a 3-4 hour game if it played like the rest of the series.
>>
>>337662106
It's too repetitive; I couldn't do it.
>>
File: 1463123362270.jpg (417 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1463123362270.jpg
417 KB, 1280x1280
>>337663553

yes
>>
>>337663403
I bet you one of those fuckers who is watching anime, has "numerous waifus", always crying about casuals, and preordered dead or alive just to see girls in bikinis because you are too antisocial to come out of your house during summer.
>>
>>337663628
JUST
>>
>>337663676
If you're into rushed endings and cut content then indeed, TPP is the game for you.
>>
The game ends on it's intro and never pushed any boundaries it was promised to. Skullface's death is the end of Chapter 1, and the beginning of BB's turning to demon. Except that the game ends on that spot.

Its the worst game in the serious and anyone cheering on it is congratulating Kojima for a stillborn.

Gameplay is mediocre. Story is dead. Nonsensical cliffhanger ending. Characters are boring and disappointing. What bosses? What Metal Gear? You don't even play as Big Boss. Microtransaction. Dead and shitty online.

Do like Kojima and hang yourself.
>>
>>337663662

whatever bro i loved it
>>
>>337662106
I stopped to play it when I had to repeat every single mission without being seen.
What the fuck? Why does a game forces me to something like that? It is just a giant fuck you from kojima because he ran out of ideas.
>>
>>337663958

..so you wanted to fight a special ops unit that all had special code names like in the other Metal Gear Solid games?

I admit I thought I'd at least get to fight Man on Fire for real but it never happened.
>>
>>337662106
Did you hate all the other Metal Gear games? That might explain why you liked it.
>>
I felt that it was a good game but not a good MGS game, and I realize how asshurt /v/ is about that saying. If it was a new IP then /v/ would be eating it up.
>>
>>337664141

my favorite is MGS1. have fond memories of playing it with my older brother.

shit stressed me out as a kid. sometimes I still think of the first time i felt the tension when otacon is screaming at you when you're in the elevator. that portrait in the codec is burned into my brain
>>
>>337664251
What is it you like about MGSV?
>>
>>337662271
>MGSV is widely criticized all across the internet
Key word "criticized", not being shat on here for the sake of it. And even then it's just story that people are upset about, same people are pretty fine with the gameplay and everything else.
>>
>>337664347
Idk dude, it's just fun bro. You don't like fun?
>>
>>337662106
Did you just finish chapter 1 and think the game was over? No idea how anyone can love this blatantly unfinished, repetitive, unbalanced piece of shit
>>
>>337664347

Graphics. Music. Controls. Snake has never controlled better, really. I like how I can take on outposts in just about any way I see fit. The story is entertaining enough, for me anyway.

I didn't really go in expecting much other than another adventure with Big Boss ala MGS3/Peace Walker so I mean, my expectations were most certainly not your own. I haven't touched online and the FOB mission shit seems tacked on and pointless, I can admit that much.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>337664446
>fun
>>
>>337664576
>le fun is le buzzword
Wow dude, you can fuck off now bro. Try going outside for once lmao
>>
>>337664561
Spoiled kids on /v/ don't know how "blatantly unfinished" games look like.
>>
File: 1453675764107.jpg (410 KB, 1600x1500) Image search: [Google]
1453675764107.jpg
410 KB, 1600x1500
>>337664446

nigga you aren't me, don't even

>>337664561

Nah. I don't get bored easily, is one thing. I mean shit Chapter 1 took me like 40 hours I was doing a lot of stuff in-game.
>>
>>337664446
I do like fun, but there isn't as much as in the previous games. Maybe it's just me, but I felt this game discourages creative solutions, which were one of the best parts of the other games. Stuff like throwing a snake at a guard, blowing up their food supplies, using footprints to distract them, etc. MGSV, you're pretty much fucked if you don't just actually sneak like a boring-ass actual secret agent.
>>
>>337662382
I got it on release and it was my favourite game of the last few years. I was crazy hyped for it, and I wasn't let down.

>>337663140
>There is literally no credibility left to this fuckhole at all.
Nigger, what made you think there was ever any 'credibility' to this place? It's always been a bunch of random people from around the world spewing garbage all over the place.
>>
>>337664571
Honestly my only expectation was that the game wouldn't be a huge departure from the previous games in a lot of bad ways. I went in expecting just another Metal Gear game, hell I even liked MGS4 well enough, even though it wasn't perfect at least it still had what it should: cutscenes and fucking around.
>>
>>337664673
The game had obvious cut content, so yes it was "blatantly unfinished" you pedantic autist
>>
>>337664923

why would they cut shit and not make it dlc?
>>
>>337664968
Do you know anything at all about the development of this game? Did you even play chapter 2?
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>337665048

>cutting content
>not making dlc

its like they can't even jew right, anon. Hold me
>>
>>337664923
Yeah smart people figured out that there was cut content, especially when developers just gave you a video about that content and it's not like Kojima went with his shitty theme and called that mission a "phantom episode" in that video. Oh and lets talk about how there was chapter 3 with 30 more missions.
>>
>>337665171
I've lived in japan for some time now. You really don't understand how....unintelligent the japanese are until you experience it. They are quite stupid, possibly the dumbest race on earth in general
>>
>>337665739

That's not Africans
>>
>>337665739
I've been here for a month, and yeah they aren't great.

On a related note, did you guys know fax machines are still widely used here? For all the amazing advances in technology, they still use something that's basically dead in the west.
>>
>>337664576
The game is fun until you start redoing missions, going to the same places over and over and most of all starr main mission optional tasks/s ranks. Then ot gets infuriating
>>
what if you met someone in real life who could be disappointed with the story of a metal gear game

the story in metal gear is the stupidest, dumbest thing, how could the story of a metal gear game disappoint anyone
>>
>>337665853

Medical offices still use Fax machines bub

but you're right, its not as widely used
>>
>>337665938
stupid dumb retard fuckface!!
>>
>>337665938
Honestly story in MGSV as a standalone is better than in other games.
>>
>>337666021
>Medical offices still use Fax machines bub
Is that so? The more you know.
>>
>>337665853
Yes they refuse to go to email. They are hard headed and like to work,but not get work done.

Example: instead of like 1 janitor cleaning an office with a mop or vacuum and being done in like 10 minutes, theyll spend 30 minutes with 30 people on their hands and knees scrubing with rags.

If you wanted to demolish a building, a westerner would use explosives and be done in an hour. Japanese would get like 3000 old men on those fundoshi thongs whacking at it with sticks for 10 years, then pat each other on the back fpr a good hard days work everyday. Then brag to the world how hard they work.

Ever play persona 4? How dojima is never home, neglecting his family yet despite all that working time hw never gets anything done? Completely accurate portrayal of japan
>>
>>337666159

Yeah. Hospitals too. They have to release patient information and often times, Faxing is just the most efficient way to do it.
>>
>>337666108
A prime example of an incorrect man
>>
>>337666189

Rags do a better job than a mob, though. That first example is bad.
>>
>>337665739
>>337665853
>>337666189
b-but muh glorious gook overlords! how would they make anime if they were so awful then, huh??
>>
>>337663662
Pretty much my feelings about it. Why is everyone so excited for Kojima's next game again?
>>
>>337666549
Because he said it's going to be like uncharted
>>
>>337666590
Jesus christ, we're doomed. He'll never finish it on time.
>>
>>337663976
Then you have low standards. If you changed the title of the game and the names of the characters, no one would give a shit about it and it'd just be another piece of shovelware like Homefront.
>>
>>337666642
It takes 4-5 years of development.
>>
>>337666294
There are tools better than both as well. Its a real example and besides using inferior technology, they display a lack of understanding of diminishing returns. Having 30-40 people trying to clean 1 room is a chaotic mess, bumping into each othwr, trying to find where someone isnt or hasnt beem cleaning etc.

Theres a thing i forgot the name of where 'a job extends to fill the time allotted for it' and the japanee are the biggest perpetrators of this concept. If they are seen at anytime not doing anything they are seen as lazy, so theyll spend hours doing 1 simple thing, rather than doibg to free themselves for other tasks.

My first year here i was an alt english teacher qt jr high and 1 jap eng teacher liked to talk about how he worked till 11 everyday even saturdays, but when it came time for class, you know -his number one job as a 'teacher', he never had any plan or idea what to fucking do. Like what the fuck us he doing with alk that time if not for class?
>>
>>337664390
>Shat on for the sake of it.
There's quite a few reasons it gets shit on. Pretty good ones, too.
>>
>>337666393
By reusing the same century old stereotypes and cliches all the time.
>>
File: kojima_productions_1.webm (273 KB, 1722x1110) Image search: [Google]
kojima_productions_1.webm
273 KB, 1722x1110
hopefully his next game isnt unfinished
>>
>>337662106
It was a solid 8. The only people who think it's bad are story autists who couldn't handle not having every plot point resolved for them
>>
>>337662356
BB was never particularly villainous in any of his games
>>
>>337662106

the divide with this game is people who enjoy games for gameplay love it and people that are storyfags hate it

guess who are the people that made constant mgs circlejerk threads?
>>
>>337662852
>your(the player's) character

That was medic, not your character. Why can't autists deal with this
>>
>>337662214
your mother a shit
>>
>>337665171
When /v/ talks about cut content, they're usually referring to anything that they wish was in the game but isn't in the game. It doesn't mean the devs literally created stuff and then removed it.
>>
>>337662106
The fuck do you think are primarily the posters? The people who are unhappy and complain the most, of course.

The only thing you should ever take from here are chuckles and new memes (even the memes to hate on memes).
>>
File: 287700_20160427020726_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
287700_20160427020726_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>337662106
Bought it on release after years of watching trailers and gameplays, saving screenshots and replaying older ones for the millionth time
Played 9 hours straight the first day and played 6 the second even though the migraine was killing me and I recently bought it again on PC so yeah that pretty much says how much I liked it
>>
>>337667759
Fuck off and play MG2 retard
>You saw those children, didn't you? Every one is a victim of a war somewhere of the world. And they'll make fine soldiers in the next war. Start a war, for its flames, create victims... Then save them, train them... And feed them back onto the battlefield. It's a perfectly logical system.
>>
>>337667882
Are you seriously so stupid that you couldn't see that he was supposed to be a representation of the player?
>>
>>337662382
Fucking this
>>
>>337667669
>>337667857
The only people who think it's good are blind fanboys who ignore huge gameplay flaws that are right in front of them
>>
File: bait.jpg (51 KB, 697x449) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
51 KB, 697x449
>>337667882
>>
>>337667965
>I have no idea what mission 51 is!
You should probably just not post if you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>337668036
Why are you even on /v/
>>
Why are we still here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg
>>
File: 1451948415378.jpg (45 KB, 458x428) Image search: [Google]
1451948415378.jpg
45 KB, 458x428
>>337662106
>Just beat it and I loved every minute of it

I know that feel OP, it was very fun game.
>>
>>337668405
Do you feel le phantom pain when you watch deleted scenes from a movie? Because that's what Mission 51 is.

Like the Battle Gear, it was one thing that Kojima himself decided to axe early very on because he decided it was fucking stupid and pointless. Why the fuck would Konami have the devs turn a single half-baked scrap of storyline content into DLC long after they already knew it was completely asinine and not worth continuing, when they could just have them churn out MGO skins? Might as well ask why they don't make DLC out of every one of Kojima's other ideas that he himself tossed in the trash.
>>
>>337671426
>he decided it was fucking stupid and pointless to finish off a key plotline
>he built up the battlegear for so long only to not let the player use it
>I somehow know that those ideas were "stupid and pointless", and not removed due to Kojima's inability to properly manage a team
Okay
>>
>>337671426
>when they could just have them churn out MGO skins

You know, they've hardly added anything to MGO at all. 2 hair styles, a few hats, and a few costume. Oh, and some poses and maps. They do more for FOBs than they do for MGO.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.