[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /v/, hear me out. I'm looking for some pre-2010
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1436040232719.jpg (429 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1436040232719.jpg
429 KB, 1600x900
Alright /v/, hear me out. I'm looking for some pre-2010 first person shooters to put on my to-play list. At the moment, I am playing FEAR (haven't gotten to the expansions yet), my favourite shooter is probably Unreal Tournament 2004 and some other shooters that I liked are Outlaws, Doom, Jedi Outcast (does that count as an FPS?) Bioshock, Far Cry and Call of Duty 1 (expansion was great) and 2. I probably left some out. Now, I've already put Half Life 1 and 2 and Jedi Academy (again, if it counts as an FPS) on the list but I'd like to hear some other titles from you.
>>
File: 1770794-outlawssanctuary.png (194 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1770794-outlawssanctuary.png
194 KB, 800x600
Come, someone has to have something.
>>
File: wallpaper_call_of_duty_02.jpg (440 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_call_of_duty_02.jpg
440 KB, 1280x1024
>>337661407
That was obviously supposed to be come on, not ocme.
>>
If nobody responds in 10 minutes, I'm going to go play some FEAR.
>>
Shadow Warrior
Blood
System Shock 1 & 2
Star Wars Dark Forces
Serious Sam Series
Wolfenstein Series
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Series
Prey
Cryostasis:Sleep of Reason

Others that I can't think of at the moment....
>>
Crysis 1, best FPS campaign IMO
>>
>>337662484
Nice, thanks.

>Shadow Warrior
I've actually just heard about this one.
>Blood
Never heard of this one before.
>System Shock 1 & 2
I've actually been thinking about these.
>Star Wars Dark Forces
Makes sense since I like Jedi Outcast.
>Wolfenstein Series
I forgot to mention this one. My cousin gave me a pirated CD with all six episodes of Wolfenstein 3D when I was a kid and I've been playing that occasionally. I once played a demo for Enemy Territory. Thanks for reminding me of this one!
>S.T.A.L.K.E.R Series
I tried the first one but I honestly have to say that it may be a bit too adrenaline-pumped for me.
>inb4 scaredy cat

Anyway, I just thought about Painkiller. Anyone has any experience with it?
>>
>>337662484
Seconding Serious Sam:The First Encounter and S.T.AL.KE.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, either be sure it's on steam or patched. I'd also leave out BioShock (any of them desu) and stick with both system shocks, infinite is trash
>>
>>337663029
Painkiller is commonly lumped in with other arena shooters, but its a poor man's serious Sam with lazy encounter design
>>
>>337660808
unreal(entry for the best fps ever made) it nails atmosphere really well
>>
>>337663151
I completed 1, palyed 2 but stopped after a while (I'm still looking for some sort of fix for the pixelated grapics - I want to play it as it was meant to be played). When I upgrade my "machinery", I'll try Bioshock Infinite simply because it looks pretty swell in the Youtube videos and because I like the whole 1910s theme.
>>
>>337663398
It's alright I guess, there's just some questionable design choices and a '2 deep 4 u' storyline that everyone over hyped on release. The art style is gorgeous though
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.