[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Despite the mediocre gameplay, the acting, writing, and pacing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Despite the mediocre gameplay, the acting, writing, and pacing are some of the best I've seen in the industry and keep me playing through the rather below average combat and decent setpieces.

Anyone else agree?
>>
>>337659297
Story was pretty bad, but yes the cutscenes were well executed good dialogue, but it was really nothing,
>>
>>337659297
Just finished it, like literally 6 mins ago, watching credits and OP is a fag.
9.5/10
>>
>>337659297
Agreed on writing at least as far as dialogue goes, it was very well done and combined with the genuinely great acting it was definitely enjoyable just for the story aspects alone
>>
>>337659297

I'm genuinely looking forward to the age of cinematic garbage dying.

It ages like milk, does nothing to push gameplay or any of the core tenets of what makes games fucking games, all it serves to do is mask how shallow and linear the experiences really are.

There's a reason as to why people still play, enjoy and talk about games like Doom, Dues Ex, Thief etc in some case decades later, whereas Uncharted 1 has long since been consumed and forgotten.

It's readily digestible muck for normie faggots like...

>>337659510

...and it can't fuck off soon enough.
>>
>>337659297
I think everything is great in the game honestly. The gunplay has some nice mixups and the stealth feels a lot better. Love the swinging mechanic.

I think it's above mediocre and the story is expected and standard, but still interesting by how its told through the characters and items.

Easy 9/10 for me.
>>
>>337660150
No, I revisted Uncharted 1 and it holds up. Uncharted 2 is excellent by comparison though.

People still talk of the original Tomb Raider
>>
I thought the gameplay was great.
>>
The story had no impact
>>
I actually loved the gameplay. A massive improvement over the previous 3 games. Encounters weren't nearly as linear as before, you had options and I loved the mini-arena design for them.

Not to mention the exploration was actually top notch. Great level design.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 400x298
just beat the game
8/10
dissatisfied with the end but whatever also black chick needs to die
>>
>>337660150
Except uncharted 1 received a fair amount of criticism even at release. It was 2 that was touted as an excellent game. And you know what? It was. And it still is.

Maybe we won't talk about it in 10 years, so? What kind of fucking retarded metric is that? People don't talk about Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay and it was an excellent game. People don't talk about Need for Speed 3 and it was an excellent game too.

Tbh you're just trying your hardest to fit in, you utter faggot.
>>
I'm a complete uncharted fanboy but I felt the last of us had way better stealth mechanics. there were barely any places you could even really use it. Couldve just been cause I played it on hard but I felt it wasn't planned out very well
>>
>>337661730

>What kind of fucking retarded metric is that?

The only worthwhile one.
>>
>>337660150
You probably played and put hundreds of hours into Witcher 3 I can almost gruantee it, PC cuck.
>>
>>337660393
>but still interesting by how its told through the characters and items.

Not just through those those two thing but the story is told through the world itself, so much is told though the design man and many people miss it. The attention to detail in this game is miles ahead and it seems a lot of people just want to get to the shooting parts and dont fully immerse themselves in the world.
>>
Is this + Ratchet and Bloodborn worth getting a PS4 for? Also does this one contain retarded supernatural shit like the previous games, or if it does, is it at least a bit subtle or is it all out SHOOT THE MONSTERS UNTIL THEY DIE like UC2?
>>
>>337663701
ratchet, uncharted and bloodborne are all polished games, I had fun with them all.

And no, there's no supernatural stuff, no shooting monsters.
>>
>>337659297
didn't play it, watch it on youtube instead.
pretty gud game, good writing, good characters but

>another lost city
>shooting, cutscene, solving riddle, climbing and repeat.

8/10 not as good as third game
>>
>>337659297
Just finished, solid 8/10 game. Too many segments where you just walked around and climbed om shit but the more action packed segments were pretty good, really liked the more open, vertical level design. That last shootout in the ship graveyard in particular was tense as fuck.

Story was just some good adventure schlock, which is all I expected it to be. A couple of things needed a little of exposition and Nandine felt tacked on, but otherwise great.

Probably my GotY so far since I found DaS3 to be a little underwhelming.
>>
>>337659297
9/10 for me. Some choices that were made are nonsensical.
Why would you have fights in the game where it doesn't matter how good you are, you will lose.
Fuck Nadine and everything about her character.
Actually her character was well acted and the dialogue was written nicely but everything else was shit.
This is coming from a black guy baka senpai :^)
Id say the gameplay was improved over the other Uncharted games. On hard the game actually needed you to explore the mechanics a bit more.
>>
>>337665010
>>337666074
samefag
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.