[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all "free kill" ultimates require you to expose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: 292px-Hanzo-portrait.png (134 KB, 292x350) Image search: [Google]
292px-Hanzo-portrait.png
134 KB, 292x350
>all "free kill" ultimates require you to expose yourself and risk being killed/shut down
>except hanzo who can shoot through walls

Why?
>>
Anybody with half a brain came move out of this trash ult
All it's good for is getting turrets and Bastions to get out of turtle mode
>>
>>337655645
Glorious japanese 1000 fold bows.
>>
>>337655858
you realize it has an enormous aoe and goes through walls, right
>>
>>337655645
Just move out of it
>>
>>337655645
literally just ward his spawn
>>
>>337655916

You fucking realize it has the speed of two turtles and he pretty much lets everyone know its coming
>>
>>337655645
the only way it gets any kills is if somebody gets caught in it right at the beginning of its animation. like if Hanzo shoots it at a control point and somebody gets stuck on the point before they can react, they'll die. that's really it. if you're more thasn 10 feet away from the start of the animation, you have all the time in the world to just step aside and let it pass. its a super narrow cone radius, its AoE is about the size of one Roadhog
>>
>>337655916
yeah and it also moves slower than a lobotomized snail, and theres a global voice clip that plays when he uses his ult so people can be on guard

so unless they're all in an long alleyway or the entire team is blind, death, and slow, Hanzo's ult is literally only used to dislodge turret nests.
>>
>>337655645
Actually a pretty good ult stuck behind a shitty character.
>>
>>337656050
>they're all in an long alleyway
So every map in the game.
>>
File: 1462864764635.jpg (195 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462864764635.jpg
195 KB, 1920x1080
>>337655916
just because you get killed because you have the inability to pay attention does not mean everyone has your problematic gaming skills
>>
>>337656164
D.Va's play of the game animations are all so good
>>
>>337655858
>hear his ult
>don't actually see it so it's coming through the walls
>run away and attempt to dodge it
>it actually went to where I dodged
>>
>>337656232
Dva is literally the biggest whoreslut in the game.
>>
>get hit in middle of the ultimate

>accept the fate, knowing you'll die in few seconds
>>
>>337656285
some maps are so shit you can do it in the general direction of the enemy spawn and kill them all over the span of 4 seconds
>>
>>337655645
Because all the enemy has to do is strafe.

IT's not even a instakill, you have 1 second after getting hit by it to move.

Only reason Hanzo will ever get played is because his arrows have an absurd hitbox and you can just shoot down a chokepoint and get kills.
>>
File: 1463187532097.png (64 KB, 129x180) Image search: [Google]
1463187532097.png
64 KB, 129x180
>complain about the balance of anything
>blizzdrones shred themselves through the woodwork to come to the game's defense and complain that anyone could think an early preview of a newly released multiplayer game with a ton of variables and classes could possibly be even the slightest bit unbalanced
>>
>>337656338
not related to my comment at all but okay.
>>
>>337656534
>Complain about "balance"
>People point out simple counters and strategies to make that possible

This is like folks saying Bastion is OP when all you need is a Widowmaker or a Genji to wreck his shit.
>>
>>337657765
>this class is OP when all you need is a specific class to beat it

Unlike TF2 where each class can hold out fine on its own through skill.

Bad

Balance
>>
>>337657864
Considering Hero Switching is literally a core mechanic of Overwatch it's not bad balance. It's expected people will likely change heroes several times over the course of a match.
>>
>>337656338
I think you mean tracer
>>
>>337658087
your core mechanic is shit then

people prefer to main
>>
>>337657864
>Unlike TF2 where each class can hold out fine on its own through skill.
>Medic encounters anyone decent
>Welp I'm fucked
>Sniper encounters anybody at close range
>Welp I'm fucked
>Demoman encounters Scout
>2 meats shots to the face and gone
etc. you do realize that tf2 has the same issue right?
>>
>>337658404
git gud
>>
>>337657864
>Unlike TF2 where each class can hold out fine on its own through skill.

..no? That isn't how the game works at all. Maybe if you have a million mannco special weapons or w/e, but the classes in TF2 were not designed to stand alone that's what makes it a team game
>>
>Hanzo Ult
>Literally shouting a warning for everyone and their mother to hear
>Slowest ult in the game, even a shielded Reinhart can walk out of it in time to survive

You only have yourself to blame fags
>>
I want to lick Hanzo's exposed nipple
>>
>>337658498
This, when you hear it just run straight to nearest corner, since they always try to launch it center of the pack, even when they can't see it.
>>
>>337658404
>implying whoever medic is pocketing won't protect his medic
>implying a sniper will ever be close enough to get in close range unless his team lets them in which case his team deserves to lose anyways
>implying the one hard counter to demo in the game giving him a hard time is a bad thing
>>
>>337658659
expect if you are close to hanzo you get killed even after you hear loud japanese noise :^) only casuls shoot it from far away.
>>
>>337655645
ryuuga waga teki wo kurau
>>
>>337658375
Considering that literally only two characters in OW can really be "mained" (Lucio and S76) it still holds that switching is key.
>>
>>337655645
His special ability killed me so many times. But that was because it was a beta and many times I ended hitting walls because I do not know any of the map I was playing.
>>
>using dragon arrow just to get kills
its meant to be used as area denial dumdum
>>
There's so much warning to it though. First his angry Japanese yelling, then the dragon roars, and finally these slow moving projectiles. Unless you're at a choke point it won't be going much
>>
Do the dragons have infinite range? Could I theoretically get nailed with one as I'm respawning?
>>
>>337658895
>tfw team let a mei walk up and kill me once while i was keeping everyone up
>>
>>337659429
No
>>
>>337659429
I've seen them fly through spawn but was never hurt by them. Then again I never tried to stand inside them, either.
>>
>>337656118
Ah, so you haven't played it.
>>
>>337659303
choke point or behind a wall, which is the only way he's going to be killing anyone with it.
>>
>>337658926
There's actually a rather big gap when Hanzo and where the dragon starts, so if you are near melee range you can just run quickly close to Hanzo and you don't get hit by it, if you are far away you can easily spread to sides, if its not tight corridor.
>>
>>337657864
On TF2 you will have people sitting on one class as their "main". Blizzard has stated specifically that they wanted team make up to constantly be changing to fit the needs of the objective/countering what your enemy has.
>>
>>337659429
I've only seen that happen once but i wasn't harmed by it.
>>
Hanzo's ult is about clearing turret nest and objectives by forcing the targets to move out of the way or die. Area denial is the name of the game.
>>
does it go through Mei walls?
>>
>>337660457
Ye
>>
>>337659178

You can "main" Mcree and be fine. He works in pretty much any team composition
>>
>>337659178
Widow Maker and pretty much the entire offensive characters can be mained.
>>
>>337660726
he's a great ambush class but he's a real glass cannon for the most part.
after you fan the hammer twice and use your flash you should really be getting away from the hotzone since you're a low DPS character for the most part

other than that you can kill most tanks with two fans and pick off any stragglers with your flash and well placed shots.
>>
>>337659429
They go through the entire map. They only disappear once they're completely out of the map's boundaries.
>>
>>337658498
i believe shielded reinhardt doesn't even take damage (if he's facing its direction of origin), as in, the shield takes the damage. people behind him will still eat poopy though
>>
>9 days
Fuck everything.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.