[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Riddle me this /v/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: witcher3lastbossfight.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
witcher3lastbossfight.webm
3 MB, 960x540
Why is Uncharted 4 so hated yet Witcher 3 is loved?

Witcher 3 had:
>a broken and extremely simplistic combat mechanic, >more cutscenes than Uncharted 4
> is filled to the brim with fetch and trail quests and map markers
> fell for the open world meme which resulted in arguably inferior level design

Yet that game is allowed to be praised. Why /v/?
>>
File: Level design.webm (3 MB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
Level design.webm
3 MB, 600x336
>>
>hating either uncharted 4 or witcher 3
wew lad
>>
>>337644372
I loved both, I'm just trying to question the hypocrisy of people who say Uncharted 4 doesn't deserve the score it got.
>>
Well you can't hate on the Witcher 3 having more cutscenes than a 12 hour game. The Witcher 3 is literally 10 times longer. That being said it's because one is an exclusive while the other isn't.
>>
File: IuTtNE6.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IuTtNE6.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
because i cant see Geralt's ear cartilage
>>
Because The Witcher 3 is available for PC.
>>
Witcher 3 is a videogame with gameplay.
Uncharted 4 is a walking simulator.
>>
Witcher 3 is 50/50 here or even worse for the game.
>>
/v/ hates uncharted 4 because its exclusive to the PS4 and most of /v/ is full of PC snobs.
>>
>>337644197

Witcher 3 has nudity
>>
First three were shit. Why would anyone start liking the 4th entry in a shit series?
>>
>>337644197
shit thread
>>
>>337645948
ITS A TECHNICAL MASTERPIECE U FUK
>>
>>337644681
holy fuck
>>
File: 1457640103312.png (908 KB, 1145x873) Image search: [Google]
1457640103312.png
908 KB, 1145x873
>>337644197
>a broken and extremely simplistic combat mechanic
it's not broken. It's simple if you want it to be. You can get by on easier difficulties spamming. Anything above Blood & Broken Bones requires planning and use of multiple combat tools (oils, potions, signs) Its combat system is great.
, >more cutscenes than Uncharted 4
It's cutscenes are the best way to convey dialogue with superb facial animations and acting, would you rather read a box of text ala classic CRPGs? It's not the 90's anymore, senpai. You also forget the fact that cutscenes aren't the "bulk" of your game time. It's not like Uncharted 4 where you can say a considerable number of game-hours are in-game cutscenes. Something like 6 hours for a 15 hour game is unreasonable.
> is filled to the brim with fetch and trail quests and map markers
as mundane as those treasure hunts are, they at least add some bits of narrative to make the backstory behind them seem interesting. It worked for me. I enjoyed most of them.
> fell for the open world meme which resulted in arguably inferior level design

The open world was the best part of The Witcher 3. You are a grieving Uncucked fanboy/DS3 cuckboy. Stop posting.
>>
>>337644197
At least give it one whole day before you make witcher shitposting threads again, you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>337644197
>witcher 3
>good story with multiple choices to lead down multiple different paths
>nice open world to explore when not doing missions
>brothel
>sex and nudity

>uncharted 4
>boring linear story
>no option to roam a massive world when not doing missions
>no brothel
>no sex and nudity
>>
>>337644197

witcher 3 has tons of depth in world design and story whereas uncharted has none. witcher 3 allows you to explore and learn about the people around you all while completing the main quests.

the combat in witcher 3 isnt the best but it allows for endless possibilities. uncharted combat is as boring as it gets.
>>
>>337648539
>sex and nudity
you're part of the reason fags who knew nothing about the witcher series started bashing it the first place.
>>
File: 81lHh9L6nUL._SX425_.jpg (58 KB, 425x530) Image search: [Google]
81lHh9L6nUL._SX425_.jpg
58 KB, 425x530
>>337646784
>Uncucked fanboy/DS3 cuckboy.
Why are Witcherfags at odds with Soulsfags?

also
>muh goty
lol
>>
>>337649457
and he should change his preferences so people who dont enjoy games would give w3 imaginary no offence points.
>>
File: PjtpLJQ[1].jpg (205 KB, 1389x849) Image search: [Google]
PjtpLJQ[1].jpg
205 KB, 1389x849
>>337644197
stop posting cuck
>>
>>337649751
say what now?
>>
>>337644197
Try to play the game first
>>
Witcher is shilled 24/7 by Polacks. Nobody actually plays it.
>>
>>337644197
Both are shit
>>
>>337644197
Because the story in uncharted 4 wasn't that great and we've seen it's gameplay a million times. The only thing I liked about uncharted 4 was the multiplayer, the way the guns felt, and the amazing visuals.
>>
>super progressive liberal cucks getting BTFO by drunken third world D&D nerds
There is a God
>>
>>337644309
what is this from, some developer diary or postmortem or something?
>>
>>337649457
Nigga I'm saying sex and nudity is a good thing in the game.
>>
>>337644197
>Played all previous witcher games and read books
>Felt truly immersed in the game and did not want to stop playing
>Played all previous uncharted games
>Didn't feel immersed at all
>Was actually kind of a let down story wise
>Took a break from playing and had fun spinning a dime on my counter top for ten minutes
Is there something I'm doing wrong, Is there a certain way I'm supposed to play this game cause I'm not having fun at all
>>
>>337644197
Because Uncharted has become a meme

>Generic action adventure game with good graphics
>Made by a developer that champions the very thing that video games aren't supposed to be, movies
>Developer has made it well known how much of collective faggots they've become by denouncing their old games that used to be fun and good
>Gets praised to hell and back despite the myriad flaws
>Is used to constantly shitpost in graphics threads or just about anything else
>>
The Witcher 3 is boring, but has good moments

Uncharted 4 is barley a game.
>>
>>337644681
That's not how ears work.

Why is the light able to seamlessly pass through his hair? Unless the light was directly behind his ear, it wouldn't be able to pass through it like that.
>>
>>337651085
Shit dude you fucked up
Everyone knows you don't criticize uncharted 4 even slightly on /v/

Prepare for the bum rush
>>
>>337644197
i only hated witcher 3 (the hour i played of it) for the controls
but i imagine the constant cutscenes would have bothered me eventually too
>>
File: 17894187489.jpg (59 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
17894187489.jpg
59 KB, 427x640
>>337651085
Are you so autistic that you have ever seen a human being in natural lighting?
>>
>>337644197
>more cutscenes than uncharted 4

maybe because it's a much longer and bigger game in general?
>>
>>337650746

If you don't like it you don't like it. Everyone has different tastes.
>>
>>337650871
>>Made by a developer that champions the very thing that video games aren't supposed to be, movies
>>Developer has made it well known how much of collective faggots they've become by denouncing their old games that used to be fun and good
>>Gets praised to hell and back despite the myriad flaws

holy fuck, this 100%

This madness with critics praising generic action games that are more movies than games has to fucking stop.
>>
>>337651356
Are you so autistic that you're just going to ignore all of my points like that?
>>
>>337644681

>Uncharted 4

WOW ITS LIKE THE FIRST VIDYA GAEM TO DO THIS
>>
>>337650590
It's most likely the in-game photo mode.
The game has a photo mode that lets you move the camera around with the ability to hide characters, UI, and add filters/effects, etc.
>>
it's amazing that every time a new AAA game releases TW3 hate threads start popping up
what an amazing game to still trigger autists 1 year later
>>
Why would you compare an action-adventure TPS with an RPG?
>>
>>337651436
>"""""points"""""
Spotted the liberal arts major
>http://people.csail.mit.edu/tmertens/papers/hair_electronic.pdf
Seriously, go fuck yourself and stick to your sociology textbooks, kid. Clearly you have NO FUCKING CLUE what you're talking about
>>
>>337650596
never said you didn't nor that it was a bad thing, but ever since TW2 gained some popularity there have been a ton of people who look on from the outside and think people only thought it was great from the cards/sex scenes.
>>
>>337651770
>getting this visibly buttflustered

Lmao. Yeah, the light passes through where it's less dense in your picture. Drake has a full head of hair behind his ear in that screenshot. That's just not how light behaves, friend.
>>
>>337651552
I heard something about how the camera's "tethered" to the PC though
>>
>>337644681
Lel. Hitman Absolution a mediocre game from 2012 does this. Didn't improve the game at all
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.