[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the only good games in the timeline where Link dies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 18j0yyebco7eqjpg[1].jpg (279 KB, 800x1092) Image search: [Google]
18j0yyebco7eqjpg[1].jpg
279 KB, 800x1092
Why are the only good games in the timeline where Link dies?
>>
File: 00serpico1.jpg (114 KB, 411x502) Image search: [Google]
00serpico1.jpg
114 KB, 411x502
>>337640573
dunno, I just know OOT is overrated as fuck and capcom has made better zelda games.
>>
>>337640573
But anon they're all good games
>>
The problem is that the original Zeldas up to MM were developed as straight sequels.

Zelda II was a continuation of I, ALttP was a prequel to I, LA was a sequel to ALttP, and OoT was a prequel to ALttP.

Aonuma apparently doesn't give a shit about any of those games except OoT because WW went on to completely contradict all of them by taking place after OoT.

Then later on Aonuma found out about the split timeline theory and adopted it, which is where we got TP.

But because of TP, now the pre-OoT games can't be on either timeline, it just creates a clusterfuck. So to fix it all they just put those games on their own timeline, even though the reason for it doesn't make sense it's better this way because now everything works fine.
>>
>>337642861
The timeline split really isn't hard to understand, I don't know why people complain about it so much
>>
>>337642861
Pretty much this. Anouma is responsible for fucking over the series continuity in favor of his own story heavy stuff.
>>
>>337640573

>first games released are the last chronologically
>last game released is the first chronologically

I fucking hate this shit more than anything
>>
>>337643274

Because it's autistic and unnecessary and easier to just say games like TP and Wind Waker aren't canon?
>>
File: 1421194894663.png (100 KB, 628x650) Image search: [Google]
1421194894663.png
100 KB, 628x650
>>337643414
It may be shitty but it works usually. That way the creators know what to lead to and how they can start without seeming too far fetched.
>>
>>337643429
>just say games like TP and Wind Waker aren't canon?

I fucking wish Nintendo would do that.
>>
>>337640573
But Link dies in all the timelines. That's why we get new Links all the time.
>>
>>337643429
Why does it matter to you if TP and Wind Waker are canon or not if the timeline is so autistic and unnecessary?
>>
>>337642861
Are there actually people who think zeldas were a straight sequels
>>
File: 1462894777035.jpg (143 KB, 744x969) Image search: [Google]
1462894777035.jpg
143 KB, 744x969
>>337643534

What's the point of fighting the ancient evil if you know that canonically you win and any other outcome is imaginary?
>>
>>337643746

Because canonically you don't win, retard. The point of splitting it into "Hero is defeated" and "Hero is successful" is that there's two different very possibilities and either of them have a strong impact on what happens next.
>>
>>337643746
Because the purpose of the game is for the spectacle and intrigue of the time. Why go to the movies if most of the time you can already figure how it's going to end?
>>
File: 1460343683236.png (28 KB, 218x316) Image search: [Google]
1460343683236.png
28 KB, 218x316
>>337643429
>Nintendo expands and connects the Zelda lore in ways some people don't like
IT'S FUCKING AUTISTIC UGGGH

>Disney trashes tons and tons of Star Wars lore so that casual fans don't feel daunted by the amount of content they're missing
WHAT THE FUCK DISNEY I'M FUCKING BOYCOTTING EPISODE VII
>>
>>337643637
Are there actually people who willfully ignore connections and references between the games
>>
>>337643746
Because it's fun?
>>
>>337640573

Anyone got the Donkey Kong one?
>>
Hero of time is best hero
>>
>>337642861
Everything you just said is wrong.

The split has been obvious since the ending of OoT. If you're not a dumbass, that is.
>>
>>337646071
>mom gets hurt
>no where to go but the forest
>she sacrifices her life so you can live there
>only have one friend
>no fairy
>leader of the town is a giant douche bag
>get called by the mystical talking tree
>save him
>he still dies
>everyone thinks you did it, they can't stand you even more
>have to leave your friend behind
>go on awesome adventures
>make great friends
>shit still gets fucked
>trapped away for 7 years
>miss out on childhood
>still get shit done, fix everything, in the process become a man
>save the princess, she's a beautiful young woman now
>she's gutted about what she put you through, in an effort to help she sends you back to give you back your childhood
>the last sight you get of her you can see the pain in her eyes knowing she'll never see you again despite loving you
>go back
>can't live the life of a hero
>your one true companion left you
>decide to go find her
>have to leave everything behind
>the princess, who doesn't remember anything about your adventures and time together because besides memories they never technically happened, gives you a gift knowing she'll never see you again
>make your way into a strange land
>get turned into a deku scrub
>moon is about to fall
>get stuck in a time loop
>save the world again, save everyone again
>due to the nature of your works very little is remembered, even if it is you are on your way as you still didn't find your initial companion
>can't celebrate your hero status
>leave behind another companion

The hero of time had a hard life
>>
>>337642861
The split timeline concept was literally mentioned by name by Miyamoto and Aonuma in like, 2002, when they were talking about Wind Waker's plot details. The entire backstory of the game hinges on it.
What's with these revisionist dumbasses acting like Nintendo never acknowledged the timeline fuckery until Historia?
>>
>>337640573
Link doesn't dies in the adult timeline, he just disappears.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.