[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Sonic 06 really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
Was Sonic 06 really that bad?
>>
No.

Secret rings was far far worse.
>>
>>337619929
Yes, the amount of horrible design flaws in this game is amazing if you put them all together, this literally killed the franchise
>>
It was sonic adventure 3 essentially. Its a pretty unremarkable game but it can be fun in short bursts, oddly
>>
It is easily the worst game I have ever played, and I've played some shit. I've played Jackal and Hyde and all kinds up unplayable messes
>>
I cannot comprehend how anyone could think this game is anything but a total abortion. It's completely broken on a fundamental level. You'll die a lot in this game, and almost every time it's because of a glitch, the camera, some part of the level that was not tested, or just shitty design like the bullshit Silver fight.

The game is in a pre-alpha state at best, SEGA should never have even thought about releasing this game.

However, I'll give it credit for being the straw that made SEGA finally wise up and give their team time to actually complete their games instead of demanding they release a game every year whether it's done or not.
>>
>>337622718
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60XTi8KS9OU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc6T2NIVq4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpXNRQt4o1Y

Thats weird, this guy seems to be able to play levels just fine!
>>
>>337619929
Imagine Sonic Adventure 3, even edgier than 2 in every way
Now imagine the game gets released as an half-unfinished mess that wasn't even playtested

This is Sonic '06

A shame too, because it had good ideas - bringing back SA1-like hub worlds, Kingdom Valley and Crisis City could have been good levels, the soundtrack was neat as well
But the overall direction was a disaster and the execution was a fucking joke
>>
>>337624153
SA3 could have been okay
>>
File: cwc.png (21 KB, 370x286) Image search: [Google]
cwc.png
21 KB, 370x286
It's up
>>
>>337624252
If Sonic '06 (which is SA3 in every way but name) was released with enough time for full development, it still would have been mediocre
The even more realistic designs was not a good thing, the story was dead the moment it based itself off time traveling, Sonic is given a love interest, etc.
It was the logical conclusion to the direction the series took since SA2, except SA2, Heroes and Shadow were decent to great, and Shadow in particular was a game that didn't take itself extremely seriously unlike '06

Sonic Unleashed was a better Adventure game than '06
>>
>>337619929
My summer project is to 100% complete it so i will let you know in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>337624630
I guess there are other ways to make SA3 instead of with the lame princess and realistic stuff
At least they saved Crisis City in Generations
>>
The game is not finished. Even if you're austistic enough to enjoy the fanfiction-tier plot the game has major performance issues, multiple 20+ second load screens, clipping and control problems, broken and unfinished game mechanics, non existent physics, ect
>>
>>337624764
now loading
>>
I unironically liked "His World"
>>
File: JekyllHyde1931[1].jpg (52 KB, 334x425) Image search: [Google]
JekyllHyde1931[1].jpg
52 KB, 334x425
>>337622613
>Jackal
Anon?
>>
>>337623103
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MWEHwvcnyM
>>
>>337619929
Yeah. It's not a good game.
But Shadow the Fucking Hedgehog, Boom, and Secret Rings are just shit.
>>
File: sanic 06.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
sanic 06.webm
3 MB, 960x540
Worse than you ever could imagine.
>>
File: 1460949331039.jpg (21 KB, 281x301) Image search: [Google]
1460949331039.jpg
21 KB, 281x301
https://youtu.be/3MWEHwvcnyM

Well...
>>
>>337619929
it's a horribly flawed game thats actually pretty fun
>>
>>337619929
Its one of those games that are so bad they are fun.

It gets boring in 4-5 hours, and annoying if you are autistic.
>>
>>337624402
>he offers to license fucking sonichu to sega
jesus christ why does he have such a huge ego
>>
It's no worse than the Adventure games- anyone who shits on 06 but loves A2 is a hypocrite with shitty taste.
>>
>>337625553
More like Dr. kekyll and My Sides
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.