[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove that Leo shouldn't have been the lord for Conquest.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (370 KB, 436x606) Image search: [Google]
image.png
370 KB, 436x606
Prove that Leo shouldn't have been the lord for Conquest.

Protip: You can't.
>>
Strategist =/= Lord
>>
His stats suck.
>>
File: 11.jpg (19 KB, 330x365) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
19 KB, 330x365
>Magic on a main lord that is not an utter faggot

FE Awakekning and FE Dark & Light edition fags need not to answer.
>>
>>337604282
Nah, I mean more in terms of character. I prefer Leo to Corrin, personally.
>>
>>337604350
That's standard for most prepromotes tho.
He actually didn't come out too bad in my playthrough
>>
File: 1460388068475.jpg (23 KB, 482x453) Image search: [Google]
1460388068475.jpg
23 KB, 482x453
>>337605407
Leo is probably my favorite character but anyone would have been better than Corrin
It bugs me that everyone says that Corrin is a great leader and all when he/she is a sheltered dumbass who doesn't know anything and all, is kind of a wet blanket, not fit to be a leader and he/she does is blindly lead people into traps and ambushes
I just hope that the next game has a better Lord
>>
>>337604165
Nah then they'd just Mary Sue him the fuck up and destroy his character.
>>
>>337604740
But Robin wasn't a faggot.
>>
>>337604165

A cold cynical ruthless character who already has a strong directed personality isn't suitable for the main lord AKA the character for the player to reflect off.

No one enjoys an asshole as a main character unless it's a player created character.
>>
>>337604165
Because Xander exists.
>>
>>337607190
He wasn't an asshole though. He just knew he had to get shit done. He spared Kaze and Rinkah for your sake but then killed Zola because Zola can't be fucking trusted.

>for the player to reflect off
Self-insert, you mean. Self-insert is the reason Corrin sucked as a character. He's devoid of personality. He's a sheltered dumbass so that he doesn't have any worldly experiences or even memories of a previous life. It's all self-insert bullshit that led to a poor protagonist.

Hopefully we can stray away from that in the next game, but the Japanese and Weeb audiences won't allow it.
>>
>>337604165
Anyone besides fucking Corrin should have been the Lord for fates, barring maybe Azura.
>>
File: 1408884992924.jpg (21 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1408884992924.jpg
21 KB, 450x300
>>337604165
>tfw still 5 days to go
Feels EU man
>>
>>337607931
Prepare to be disappointed

I'm sorry it took so long eurobro
>>
>>>337607931
>Feels EU man
This sentence makes no fucking sense.
Here I thought America was the laughing stock of the world.
>>
>>337608085
>EU
>European Union
>Talking about how the games hasn't come out in the EU

I want all Americans to die, or at least read a world history book.
>>
>>337608085
Most games come out way later because they have to be translated into german, italian and all the other silly languages.
>>
>>337608216
Rude.
>>
>>337607637
>Self-insert, you mean. Self-insert is the reason Corrin sucked as a character. He's devoid of personality. He's a sheltered dumbass so that he doesn't have any worldly experiences or even memories of a previous life. It's all self-insert bullshit that led to a poor protagonist.

Yeah that's almost every Fire Emblem main character sheltered young naive teenager or inoffensive goody two shows. They're all intended as self-inserts from the player looking into a world that they haven't seen before to reflect against and who need to be told things for the players sake.

Strong personalties already formed from the world are for side characters. Plus it creates a disconnect where a character would be being told something they already should know.
>>
>>337609370
I don't think it's necessarily a problem that the PC be a self insert, but I don't think that the Lord should be the PC if they intend to make them a self insert because they'll never look competent.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.