[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wow legion demon hunter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 477761.jpg (538 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
477761.jpg
538 KB, 2560x1440
illidan stormrage to become demon hunter we all know need to stay 10kyear in prison, eat skull and earn power of the eye... pls tell me were is lore that explain u can become demon hunters
>>
>>337601093
Of all the shit that Blizzard has shat over the past few years, Demon Hunters are where you stop and say 'Whoa, wait a minute, they can't do that!' ?
>>
>>337601281
Not him, but I cant believe we STILL have painted on armor
>>
If you still care about Warcraft lore there is something mentally wrong with you.
>>
>>337601281

After a long time you kind of grow up and realize the warcraft 3 lore wasn't that great. It's just a darth vader backstory built up on warhammer inspired stuff.
>>
There's a number of demon hunters in WarCraft, ranging from all Demon Hunter WC3 heroes that are not Illidan to characters like Loramus Thalipedes, Altruis the Sufferer and all the demon hunters Illidan trained at black temple (including several named ones like Leotherlas the Blind and Varedis, and dozens of unnamed ones, which lore-wise probably would be several hundred just like Stormwind has a population of 200k).
>>
>>337601449
Even ignoring the negative aspects of WC3 lore, it can be agreed that any positive parts of it were put to death in WoW.
>>
>>337601281
they can add shit to world they create but now they deny themself
>>
>>337601548
cool but only stormrage get demon form, wings
>>
I thought that only like two elves were trained to be demon hunters and one went insane?
>>
Blizzard knows that the fanboys they hope to bring back want to look like Illidan
>>
>>337602031
It's the ultimate ability for all WC3 Demon Hunter heroes. Moreover, there are other sources for exceptional power than Skull of Gul'Dan (like Book of Fel Names Varedis used).

Anyway, I don't think Demon Hunters should ever have been a playable class because every demon hunter is "special" through virtue of being a demon hunter. The player characters are much better-off being treated as nameless adventurers or soldiers than the greatest hero of Azeroth who's buddies with every major character from Thrall to Khadgar (for starters, when everyone's a hero, no one is). Then again, the damage was already done in WotLK so I suppose that wouldn't matter anymore.
>>
>>337602631
Illidan was the first but eventually a few elves followed in his footsteps with the no eyes and tattoos thing. But yea there arent supposed to be a lot of them, there were only a few in outland during BC, and they are supposed to be supreme outcasts from society
>>
>>337602631
>>337603786
My bad you meant the blood elves, yea 5 were trained and 2 survived, one went insane and we killed him in Serpentshrine
>>
How are they explaining everyone having one of a kind exclusive legendary weapons?
>>
>>337604127
How are they explaining everyone doing the same quests?
How are they explaining everyone killing the same bosses every week?
>>
>>337601604
>waaaah why won't blizzard use my shitty fanfiction for lore!
>>
>Wielding the powers of demons they’ve slain
more common to see orc as demon hunter
>>
>>337605497
to be fair, playable demon hunters are specifically illidari

but really that should mean demon hunters are horde specific since there was no large exodus of night elves to follow illidan
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.