[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Nintendo so uninnovative?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
Why is Nintendo so uninnovative?
>>
>>337598536
Because people still buy their shit regardless.
>>
>>337598974
tru
>>
They haven't at all evolved from the 80s. The Wii U is a great example in fact. The OS is so archaic. It makes me wonder what the heck they were thinking when they made the OS for Wii U.

I think better technology, and making games that focus on having strong narratives and a more grounded visual style could really help diversify their offerings. After all, it's said that they make games for everyone, right?
>>
Because Nintentbabys will not only by it but defend it
>>
>>337599357
>I think better technology, and making games that focus on having strong narratives and a more grounded visual style could really help diversify their offerings. After all, it's said that they make games for everyone, right?

Go away neo-Naughty Dog
>>
File: 986.jpg (298 KB, 540x1188) Image search: [Google]
986.jpg
298 KB, 540x1188
>>
>>337598536
I thought it was ridiculous
>introducing anti gravity tracks
>>
>>337598536
Is there anything wrong with taking what someone else did and making it better (or at least doing more with it)?

Hasn't mankind done that all throughout history?
>>
>>337600616
>he hasn't played The Outfoxies
>>
>>337600616
>he thinks the move came out that late
>he doesn't know that the PSP had remote play with the PS3
>>
>>337600616
>>337603842
>Nobody remembers Eyetoy
>Everyone thinks Microsoft's Kinect was so inovative at the time
>>
>>337598536
>Anti-gravity
F-Zero

>>337603728
That was probably why Sakurai picked them to develop Sm4sh.
>>
>>337600616
>Show first Smash Bros.
>Show 6th Mario Kart game
>>
>>337604172
>everyone thinks Nintendo invented triggers and analog
>>
>>337604249
>That was probably why Sakurai picked them to develop Sm4sh.
actually, Sakurai needed a giant workforce to handle two Smash games at once. Bamco was up for the job.
>>
>>337598536
I never really got the point of the anti-grav in MK8.
Aside from the few side-paths where you drive along the wall, it doesn't really add anything to the race.
>>
>>337604249
F-Zero isn't a kart racer
>>
>>337605151
It makes for some fun track design, but I agree it doesn't add much. I'd rather have this than a stupid, forced gimmick that I'd really hate.
>>
>>337605151
Some designer probably wanted to make a cool look for the karts that could explain why the tracks are more varied. That being said the boost pad things in hover mode really bother me for some reason.
>>
>>337598536
Are you going to point out that Sega Racing and CTR copied the entire kart racing genre from Super Mario Kart and 64?
>>
>>337603842
Sony reps spent a solid 2 years shit talking motion controls and the Wiimote setup. 2 fucking years. Then they suddenly noticed the Wiimote outselling their shit by a landslide, and quickly changed their tune.
>>
>>337599357
You're right, the OS of the Wii U is EXACTLY like the OS of other gaming consoles from the 80s.
>>
>>337606840
"That's not a gaming peripheral, it looks like a lollipop" is a quote from Sony during the Wii's reveal that will stick with me to my grave.
>>
>>337598536
Your point is kinda unfair considering both games copied the "mascot kart racing game with random items" from Mario Kart.
Also, F-zero did warping tracks and anti gravity before CNK.
And don't forget Crash Tag Team Racing copied the formula from Double Dash.

Basically, ideas are in the air. Complaining about copying ideas is kinda stupid. Or else you'll find yourself arguing every platformer is a Pitfall copy or every competitive game is a Pong copy. Which is stupid as fuck.
>>
Why does pizza penis for Nintendo send to mailbox open meet deep.
>>
>>337598536
Because they think stupid gimmicks are innovation.
MK8 should have been Nintendo Kart but they were once again too far up their own asses.

My tinfoil also tells me that they didn't made a new F-Zero because that way the selling point of MK8 would've been gone. Also that they fear that they would not be able to beat SEGA at making a better F-Zero

>>337600616
Isn't the Move better than the Wiimote because you have more access to more buttons?

Also using the handheld for offscreen play is sweet and a lot of people would've rather see that on the WiiU than the stupid Gamepad.

>>337606668
So, making a game for a new genre is copying now? I mean I somewhat get your point but just because you weren't the first doesn't mean you can't come up with new ideas
>>
>>337598536
Nintendo get away with anything, it is really sad.
>>
>>337606840
>>337607307
We seriously going to pretend that waggling was cool now?
>>
>>337604172
Oh man that thing was shiiiiiiiiiiit tho
Good times
>>
>>337607342
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Mario Kart 7 came out before Sonic Racing Transformed.
So technically, following OP's reasoning, SEGA copied MK7's transforming vehicles.
>>
>>337607849
SRT did it better. It also kinda combined Diddy Kong Racing and the Transformations.
>>
>>337608057
>Sonic
>Better
>Than anything
>Since 1992
Nice try memer
>>
>>337598536
don't forget the changes made by PM put into sm4sh
>>
>>337608057
Better or not, OP's point is who copied who, isn't it?
Otherwise I could argue MK8 did anti gravity better than CNK, but that would be moving the goalspot.
>>
>>337608174
Did you play it?
I wouldn't have believed it either but it's really amazing
>>
>Video games copy each other
>Video game companies copy each other

I don't understand, doesn't it matter who does it better instead of who does it first
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.