[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck flying. Fuck LFD/R discussion and realm merges. ..What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: WoW logo.png (445 KB, 800x326) Image search: [Google]
WoW logo.png
445 KB, 800x326
Fuck flying. Fuck LFD/R discussion and realm merges.

..What else would you fix?
>>
>>337597907
Flying is fine. I loved playing in TBC and seeing shitters somehow not able to make 5,000g for their epic flying.
>>
>..What else would you fix?
-Less linear zones
-Make leveling more challenging (even the lead game designer admitted it sucks the way it is now)
-Bring back tiered progression, i.e. no raid equivalent gear from 5 mans allowing you to jump straight to the latest tier
-Only one difficulty mode for raids, this would also fix the item level inflation
>>
>>337598873
Leveling should be removed.
>>
>>337598873
I forgot, bring back class quests with cool rewards (Quel'Serrar, Rhok'Delar, Benediction/Anathema etc)
>>337598934
No, I used to like leveling. Now it's just a dull bumrush experience if you can call it even that.
>>
Basically just release Vanilla servers. Every change I'd make to the game to fix it would essentially be reverting it to Vanilla anyway.
>>
>>337599018
>I used to like leveling. Now it's just a dull bumrush experience
Maybe because you've played it on 15 toons.
>>
Flying is fun tho
>>
File: b16.png (136 KB, 348x288) Image search: [Google]
b16.png
136 KB, 348x288
Rehaul the races class eligibility.

No gnome warriors, no tauren monks, no worgan death knights, no more "well this class has feet so i guess they can be a rogue" bullshit.

>But I already have a max leveled character with that class and race

Enjoy the free race change fám
>>
DARK NIGHTS
I'D PREFER EVEN DARKER THAN VANILLA

AND STRONGER BEASTS AT NIGHT WITH BETTER LOOT.
>>
The genre is completely and utterly destroyed at this point.

Nothing can be done to fix it at this point.
>>
>Remove heirlooms
>Make dungeons hard again
>Make world dangerous again
>Make questing an actual part of the game again
>No flying, at all, anywhere
>>
Make leveling not just a wall between you and the real game.

encourage people to talk each other and form groups, I'm tired of people who join a group and then leave after first wipe
>>
>>337599092
>Maybe because you've played it on 15 toons.

Not the guy are you replying to but nah, I maxed out almost every class on retail.
I started on a private server and none of that boredom from questing/leveling is there, its just been a fucking blast.
>>
>>337599092
I still go into a private TBC server to level some class to 70 just because I like it. On retail it's simply ass.
>>
>>337599163
Never going to happen. There shouldn't be race exclusive class combos anyway.
>>
File: 1403727022410.png (5 KB, 291x317) Image search: [Google]
1403727022410.png
5 KB, 291x317
>>337599092
>toons
>>
>>337597907
-Very limited welfare gear, just enough to hit entry level end game content and the rest is drops/ arena rewards.
-Servers locked to each expansion as well as progression servers that unlock each xpac after certain conditions are met
-Make leveling more challenging and entertaining, back when I quit in Cataclysm I managed to get a character to max level in about 8 hours. My first vanilla character was something like 35 days played to hit 60, and that was far more enjoyable.
-encourage social interaction through small party buffs, increased drop rates, or something along those lines during leveling
-remove lfr/lfd. I'm not opposed to fast travel to dungeons and raids (because a 15+ minute trip both ways is mind numbingly boring) but joining a queue and being psuedo afk while playing just isn't the way to have a healthy community

An MMO is, by definition, a massive multiplayer online game. If you don't play to that potential strength of the genre you lose social capital that would otherwise maintain a playerbase far more efficiently than any other feature.
>>
>>337599724
>everyone should be able to do everything!
you're part of the problem
>>
>>337599724
>There shouldn't be race exclusive class combos anyway

Nah fuck off idiot, you're part of the reason WoW is shit now.
>>
>>337599817
>>337599942
Class and race combos aren't impactful gameplay options.
>>
How about we stop making Themepark MMOs like WoW and go back to Sandbox MMOs like FFXI and SWG did so much better?

The Themepark design WoW made popular is flawed at its core design. Content is cleared faster than it can be made, there's no incentive to group up outside of instances because 90% of the quests are soloable, and there's no real danger in the world unless you play on a gank heavy PVP server.
>>
>>337599989
>gnomes should be able to roll warrior!
>night elves should be able to roll mage!
>undead should be able to roll hunter!

it's about lore and consistency
>>
>>337599817
What impact does it have on you? It doesn't, you're just autistic. They killed the concept of race/class uniqueness because it was shit for game balance and progression. One alliance race getting Fear Ward at release and Horde was S.O.L with meme tier options like hex of weakness. Devouring Plague was awesome, though.

>>337599942
>Bloo bloo bloo

kill yourself
>>
>>337599989
So what? The reason the limits were there in the first place was because things like Night Elf mages made no fucking sense for the story and therefore by not allowing players to play that class/race combo they were sticking to the established story.

I guess that doesn't matter too much now with the story being absolutely garbage though.
>>
>>337600174
Gnome have always been able to be warriors, moron.
>>
>>337598014
Well, it depends. It's an inherent handicap to world PvP and exploration, no one in their right mind would argue against that, but the extent of this handicap is up to debate and TBC had a multitude of mitigating designs, ranging from fast flying being actually prestigious while 60% standard flying speed was an incentive to use ground mount to little details like mount cast time being twice as long as in WotLK and beyond (which made escaping that much more difficult, and reduced the time people spend flying because it's not worth it to mount up to travel over short distances). Ultimately, it wasn't too much different from having no flying in the game: PvP hotspots like instance entrances and farming locations (be it Tyr's Hand or Skettis) were still there so you only really lost assaulting travelling players (and people with 60% flyer might have opted to use ground mount anyway) and 100% ground mount was a rather safe method of transportation to begin with (not everyone is a mage capable of blinking in and dismounting you with polymorph).

So yes, I agree it really isn't flying in itself that's bad and to large extent other individually bad designs cause the undesirable effects often attributed to flying. Consider this for example: Why would you actually go anywhere and risk being attacked in WotLK (and beyond)? Not only is there far fewer desirable craftables, there's even considerations like Wintergrasp Revenants being the best mobs to farm for eternals, and since the faction not controlling WG doesn't even see them, enemies have absolutely no reason to get in your way and spark a conflict. Compare that to areas like Elemental Plateu and Skettis that were PvP hotspots.
>>
>>337599942
This guy is right, the rest of you are fucking stupid.
>>
>>337600358
>muh lore characters

Nobody cares about this except autists. More choices are more fun.
>>
>>337600352
>because it was shit for game balance
>Thinking having every class being a boring, homogenized piece of shit is better than the slight imbalanced of the past

Like I said you're part of the problem, fuck off back to the WoW forums if you want an insular circlejerk you shiteating fucker.
>>
>>337600064
>Sandbox MMOs like FFXI
You're joking, right?
>>
>>337597907
>split dev's into 2 teams
>A team manages new style of servers that lack some old "features"

>B team manages the "concentration servers"
>people like >>337598014 go there
>you can fly with your expensive mount there
>you can collect your pokemons and buy more from the store
>you can do the same daily quests every day
>more garrison missions
>improved AH interface so you can make gold and buy all your gear without ever leaving town

this may seem like some retarded joke to you but there are a lot of players who enjoy these things. I don't want to play with them, I don't want to see them, I DON'T WANT THESE FILTHY CASUALS TO TOUCH ME.
>>
>>337600581
>More choice in race/class combos
>Homogenization

That's the opposite of that you dumb faggot. Race choices has nothing to do with class design.

>fuck off back to the WoW forums if you want an insular circlejerk you shiteating fucker.

oh the ironing
>>
>>337600456
they shouldn't have been able to, that's my point
>>
>>337600617
No.

You can't refute any of my post so why cherrypick?
>>
File: 1440689843749.png (124 KB, 238x238) Image search: [Google]
1440689843749.png
124 KB, 238x238
>>337600578
>Taking a gigantic shit on all the backstory established in all of the RTS games is good! You're just autistic!

Once a game ceases to follow its own internal logic it becomes a stupid, shallow, hollow mess.
>>
>>337600737
Yeah I guess picking up a sword is a really complicated task.
>>
>>337599642

How can you possibly like old 1-70 leveling?

Like are you literally brain damaged?

Is your nostalgia that powerful?

>>337599812
>Make leveling more challenging and entertaining, back when I quit in Cataclysm I managed to get a character to max level in about 8 hours. My first vanilla character was something like 35 days played to hit 60, and that was far more enjoyable.

Oh my god people who post this are retarded

Of course the first time you played the game it was great..
>>
>>337600578
The availability of class/race cominations play their part in the general integrity of the game world/setting and there's also another side to this: fewer options gives the ones that are there more character and makes them feel more unique.
>>
can someone please tell me why FFXIV is a bad game? My TbC WoW friends are recommending to me.
>>
>>337600803
FFXI isn't a sandbox, dumbass.
>>
File: 1450662165443.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1450662165443.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>337600850
>Story can't ever evolve.
>I don't like how the story changed, therefor it's shit and anyone who disagrees with me should leave the board.
>>
>>337600698
>Having every race be able to be every class isn't homogenization

Maybe check a dictionary, champ. I know big words are hard sometimes but the internet is a pretty powerful learning tool.
>>
>>337597907
NO RESILIENCE
NO ARENA
NO LINEAR DUNGEONS
NO RATED BG
MAKE PVP REACTION BASED LIKE BEFORE
MAKE PEOPLE ABLE TO BE 1 SHOT.
FUCK ANYONE WHO DISAGREES.
TO SURVIVE DONT BE A RETARD AND RUN INTO ENEMIES
>>
>>337600960
Why isn't it?
>>
Doing the 7 day return thing just to see what wow is like now. Haven't played since wotlk.

What's a good pvp server?
>>
>>337600862
For a 2' scrawny midget yea, being effective through strength shouldn't be possible.
>>
>>337601005
>Diversity is homogenization

Take your own advice.
>>
>>337601004
>Giving a flimsy, off-handed excuse as to why this race suddenly starts behaving in a way that goes against all of the established story is somehow an "evolution" of the story
>>
File: 1403409406395.gif (52 KB, 129x111) Image search: [Google]
1403409406395.gif
52 KB, 129x111
The game is pretty much fucked beyond saving.
Questing/leveling characters is a long, brain dead bore that teaches absolutely nothing about how to play your class since all you do is spam one or two abilities to one shot everything.
PvP is just fucked.
End game content is pretty shit. The raids are designed well enough, but only one of them is relevant content now and who the fuck wants to do four different difficulties of the same raid?
Honestly Legion looks okay but it can't save WoW. Either they release legacy servers, or they fire a huge chunk of the current dev team but neither of those will ever happen because Blizzard is stubborn and retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 887x773) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 887x773
>Still caring about WoW in 2016
Is there a video game drug that's more intense than WoW? You would have to be a fool to still think a 11 years old depreciated game is still worth playing.
>>
>>337600952
It's worth getting and capping, but the endgame content is sparse.
>>
>>337601094
>everything becoming similar is diversity
>>
>>337601090
Emerald Dream or Tich if you like WPvP
>>
>>337600952
It's actually pretty decent when it comes to PVE but a big joke when it comes to PVP.

Go play on Gilgamesh or Chocobo server, shit is more packed than WoW's top NA realm arm.
>>
>>337600952
I have very limited experience, but the japanese style flashiness and loading screens everywhere turned me off the game pretty damn fast.
>>
>>337600952
It's just boring. It's an ok game for a year or so but you'll realize pretty quickly that you're doing the -exact- same thing every day and nothing will change in the future.

Here's what I did in 2.0:
An extremely easy dungeon over and over to cap for the week
Raided the 4 boss raid

Here's what I did in 3.0 before quitting:
An extremely easy dungeon over and over to cap for the week
Raided the 4 boss raid

Every time they release a new type of content like Hunts or Diadem it quickly becomes irrelevant and forgotten. (Though in the case of Diadem that was probably a good thing because it was FUCKING AWFUL). Also every other patch is dedicated almost entirely to casual content where they show how much better raid design could be if they made the hardcore content 24 man instead of 8 man.

>>337601050
Because it has almost no aspects of sandbox design. None of the content is player generated. You go to place X and do thing Y because that's what the developers want you to do. The only thing that isn't strict like that is levelling/job points/etc. Is it less theme park-y than WoW? Sure. That doesn't make it a sandbox.

I bet if it had quest markers no one would consider it a sandbox mmo.
>>
>>337597907
flying is ok
remove LFD/LFG in its current form
do proper realm merges
>>
remove the dungeon finder. i figure it'd weed out all the casuals that don't know how to navigate dungeons if they legit had to travel to it from wherever they were instead of just porting there instantly. god knows i took my time in my respective class when I knew i'd only get like one chance an hour to do that shit.
>>
Why do people think that gameplay where you grind mobs for 200 hours to get to max level is effective gameplay in 2016?

That doesn't work anymore, that has 0 appeal to anyone outside of children. Even children aren't that stupid anymore.

Many of you forgot how young you were 11 years ago and how stupid.

There are things WoW can do to make the game better. But low quality grind gameplay is not one of them.
>>
>>337601872
>WPvP being entirely dead for the sake of minor convenience is ok
>>
File: nbt.webm (745 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nbt.webm
745 KB, 1920x1080
GET FUCKED RETAILKEKS
>>
>>337600862
>Class entirely based around athleticism and physical strength
>The 3ft meme race is a perfect fit

Ok.
>>
>>337597907
>Fuck flying.

Hey I got an idea! Let's not let anyone fly any more and keep those hard earned winged mounts everyone got on the ground! That will make people happy.
>>
>>337601959
Many people don't find the game to be a grind like you do. Many people actually enjoy playing the game and are ecstatic about the fact that there's 100s of hours of content worth doing. If you don't enjoy the game, maybe try something different like Call of Duty or a mobile game.
>>
>>337602287
Many people also suffer from autism and nostalgiafagging
>>
>>337601872
I never liked flying in wow. It only makes you to ignore most of the environment.
>>
Aside from other obvious things:

- Humanoid mobs run away when they get low
- Taunt is melee range and threat is harder for tanks to acquire, especially in AoE situations
- AoE healing is more difficult/limited
- Self healing for tanks and DPS is more limited
>>
>>337600876
You need to stop assuming it's just nostalgia and attempt to counter the argument with something other than a strawman. With each successive expansion leveling became more streamlined. The game has become a rush to max level to go sit in a hub city and queue for things, and unless Blizzard does something to change that their subscriber base is going to continue to dwindle.
>>
>>337598014
i think a high population TBC server without any flying mounts would be a really interesting experiment. hard to imagine what the world pvp would be like.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (781 KB, 872x729) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
781 KB, 872x729
>>337602263
>hard earned

is it really that important that you're able to swim through the air though? like what do you really gain from it?
>>
File: 1462912604037.jpg (38 KB, 752x407) Image search: [Google]
1462912604037.jpg
38 KB, 752x407
>>337602383
>Many people also suffer from autism and nostalgiafagging
Way more than the group of people afflicted with whatever impairment allows them to still play WoD
>>
>>337602134
Gnomes made terrible warriors stat wise, until they were well geared some mobs could straight up 1v1 them. That being said, they should still be allowed to try, since being a warrior is just picking up a sword and hitting something with it lore-wise. It's not like druid or paladin where there are reasons why some races can't be them.
>>
MMOs like Vanilla WoW are for autists who have no fufillment in their life and need something to spend thousands of hours upon.

Enjoy your High Warlord or Naxx40 consumable grind.
>>
>>337600850
>story/lore defines a game
>not gameplay
>>
>>337602660
It's almost like people have lives outside of video games and the vast majority of people grew up and left the basement.
>>
>realm merges and lfd are bad
Oh boy, I sure love waiting fucking 90 minutes to find a dungeon group that disbands immediately if i'm not in a super active guild
>>
>>337602483
rip in piece content that requires flying mounts
>>
>>337602707
>Enjoy your High Warlord or Naxx40 consumable grind
will do bud, thanks for the well wishes. enjoy legion :^]
>>
>>337602780
Because fuck quality of life improvements in a game right?
>>
File: ffxiv_03202016_012215.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_03202016_012215.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>337600952
>very little quest variety
>the main story quest is long as fuck and makes alts a pain
>leveling any job after your first is boring as fuck especially when you run out of quests and have to spam FATEs and dungeons nonstop
>leveling crafting is boring as fuck
>leveling gathering is so fucking boring that I refuse to believe anyone actually does it and doesn't just bot
>game can be played almost entirely solo besides the occasional party finder queue when a quest wants you to do a dungeon
>very little content of interest for non raiders

Then there's the usual stuff like heavy content padding and cancerous playerbase

I like the style and story and such but I'd probably wait a few patches before ever resubbing
>>
>>337600064
This. Make gear break and give players something more to farm than rep and achievements.
>>
>merge the dead realms
>figure out some way to incentivise balanced servers
>heavily restrict flying
>remove literally all cross-realm functionalities
>keep LFD and BG queues
>remove LFR
>remove, or at least lessen, catchup mechanics
>drop the "no player left behind" model
>>
>>337602472
> Taunt is melee range and threat is harder for tanks to acquire, especially in AoE situations

A better solution would be if Mobs have certain abilities that forces you to use CC like in Magisters' Terrace.

But it's important that every dps spec has a cc skill so we don't have the same problem like black patch 2.4
>>
File: 1462005019266.png (307 KB, 720x650) Image search: [Google]
1462005019266.png
307 KB, 720x650
>>337602526
What exactly do people see in the cash shop mounts? They look pretty gaudy and I remember when the Celestial Steed came out it crashed the servers because everyone was trying to buy one.
>>
>people still give a shit about this 10 year old game
grow up
>>
>>337600581
>>337601005
Races aren't gameplay.
>>
>>337602754
You're right, you had to spend 20 hours a day to even play Vanilla World of Warcraft and humanity as a whole underwent such a massive collective evolution in 10 years that they're completely immune to basic psychological manipulation and wellmade skinnerboxes.
>>
>>337602828
spend 5 minutes in the map editor drag-n-dropping bridges and leveling out the land
>>
>>337602660

WoD spike shows WoW still garners interest, Garrisons and a genuine lack of content ruined it though.

Also if you sold the OG Mario today, a simple 2D platformer, would it be a huge hit?

No of course not.

Wow is competing in a completely different market today.

Now if other MMOs were doing better than it, that would mean something, but it's still the king pin of MMOs.

WoW needs to move towards more interesting real content even faster if it wants to stay relevant.
>>
>>337602134
>>337602670
Gnomes are described as being exceptionally strong for their size and one of the most agile races on Azeroth. It's not the ideal class for a gnome but their stature never stopped them from being competent warriors.

Also, have stats ever mattered past like, level 5? The difference is so slight it might as well not even be there
>>
>>337603291
>WoD spike shows WoW still garners interest
You mean nostalgia, hence the huge dropoff after the first month
>>
>>337602526

I get to where I want to go faster with out having to wade through bullshit.

For instance

>starting tanaan jungle
>Trying to find rare mobs
>Have to wade through packs of enemies just to get where I want to go
>Super dense jungle with tight clusters of enemies everywhere
>Have to either kill them all or hope to run through them with out being dismounted
>Find out the rare is up a mount somewhere that I have to back track all the way and figure out where it is
>This is somehow fun
>>
File: every rogue after legion.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1500) Image search: [Google]
every rogue after legion.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1500
>>337602479
Except most players have played the same leveling experience on repeat for every character they make. Levels aren't inherently fun. It's nothing more than playing in zones and doing quests, which is perfectly fine without an XP bar, and even better without the reduced class design.
>>
>>337603291
>Also if you sold the OG Mario today, a simple 2D platformer, would it be a huge hit?
But if you sold a game that was based heavily on the original mario games and called it something like "NEW Super Mario Bros" or something like that I bet it'd do pretty well.
>>
>>337601090
realmpop.com
>>
>>337603398
>having to play the game and navigate the world is tedious

try a different genre
>>
File: 1457785514268.png (187 KB, 1036x815) Image search: [Google]
1457785514268.png
187 KB, 1036x815
make levelling take some actual effort, it's depressing being able to pull basically everything in leash range in every levelling zone on cloth wearers

also make it so you don't outlevel zones 1/4 of the way into their quests (sometimes less) and remove heirlooms because they killed any form of non-level cap world pvp/queued pvp

also unfuck the level progression because it makes zero sense for anyone new
>>
>>337603119

The age of the average gamer has gone up.

You know what generation is the current largest in America? Fucking 20+. The generation that grew up playing Vanilla WoW doesn't have time for Vanilla gameplay.

>they're completely immune to basic psychological manipulation and wellmade skinnerboxes.

This generation has been raised differently. Think about how quickly people change.

Look at how computing has changed since the iPhone/iPad came out? A huge shift to mobile and a different way of living for everyone, even older people, and we're never going backwards.

There are different games out, there are amazing games out now, competition is completely different.

What the fuck did we play in 2004 online vs what do people play now?
>>
File: 006784234.jpg (79 KB, 681x800) Image search: [Google]
006784234.jpg
79 KB, 681x800
>>337597907
>we live in the timeline where Blizzard decided to cater to casuals
>>
>>337602958
I agree, but I think those are two different things. The melee range/threat reduction solution is for how easy it is to recover from a fuck up. Requiring CC is for reducing damage that is too high to tank/preventing special abilities.

I was an enhance shaman in BC, so I feel that.
>>
>>337603597

I don't mind having to do it sometimes, but it DOES get tedious when you have to do it for the 50th time that week.
>>
consider the following

vanilla wow did certain things well and other things poorly
modern wow does certain things well and other things poorly
>>
I came back for the free WoD + 7 days. Draenor questing was great with all the treasures and little details. Garrisons are the single most fucking retarded thing ever implemented.

What are my chances of getting 30 days gametime from a GM if I just straight up ask for it? I'll mention how I'm thinking of coming back for Legion. Should I make up some issue and casually throw in some reference to gametime or something?
>>
>>337603651
Mobile gaming is popular because it's fucking always there.

Everything else is the same.
>>
>>337603651
>You know what generation is the current largest in America? Fucking 20+.
The average age of WoW players in 2005 was 28
>>
>>337602134
Gnomes have incredible bone density and muscle mass despite their small stature
>>
>>337603395

The person who made that graph is a retard.

WoW doesn't do monthly sub numbers lol.

They do quarterly at the earliest during their financial reports. They might have waited for fiscal half this past expansion I don't remember exactly.
>>
>>337603292
The difference was fairly noticeable in Vanilla actually, more so than I thought. A level 10-15 Gnome Warrior is a lot weaker compared to an Orc or Tauren or something. That's 8-10 fucking strength, which is pretty big. I doubt it would mean that much in the later levels, but it's still there.
Too bad it doesn't matter at all in modern WoW since you just one shot everything until max level.
>>
>>337603395
>New expansion
>nostalgia

Please look up the definition of the words before you use them.
>>
>>337604079
He's talking about how hard WoD was being sold to people who wanted TBC again
>>
File: It aint gonna Dink itself.gif (301 KB, 445x334) Image search: [Google]
It aint gonna Dink itself.gif
301 KB, 445x334
Remove the following
>Cross Realm anything/LFR
>Arenas
>Catch Up mechanics
>Any self sustaining farm (garrisons)
>Heirlooms

Bring Back the following
>Attunements
>New dungeon releases throughout the expac
>Reputation gear that will still be at least somewhat viable by the time you reach the required rep
>>
>>337600669
the team is fucking pathetic at this point and can't make an instance in less than a year

>>337602526
flying mounts should only be usable in capitals since they are literally just for epeen
>>
>>337603625
this image is amusing but would be better with actual time-spans

in game lore, vanilla to wod is like 30 years worth of time
>>
>>337603291
One thing that Legion will improve wow is that you have waaaaayyy more content outside of raiding.

Since Wotlk this was always a huge problem of Wow(special in WoD).

>>337603784
The problem with the aggro mechanic was if you had a tank with medicore equipment you couldn't do anything expect waiting until Omen told you that the threat was low enough so you can do damage again.
>>
>>337602828
imagine tempest keep with a narrow bridge made out of light connecting the ships with nether storm. no railings to keep people from falling down into the nether. entire raids would have to team up to try and push past the enemy faction holding the entrance.
>>
>>337602780
>something no post says
Rehashing the same non-argument on what fixes the game isn't particularly helpful.
>>
>>337603651
>The generation that grew up playing Vanilla WoW doesn't have time for Vanilla gameplay.
You have this idea bouncing around your head that Vanilla WoW was this lifelong 24/7 commitment that occupied your every waking moment from sun up to sun down and it's entirely fucking retarded.

>What the fuck did we play in 2004 online vs what do people play now?
What the fuck did people play 20 years before 2004? Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Pong, or they went outside and played stickball. By some miracle World of Warcraft still managed to get as big as it did decades later. Humanity is still what it was when Vanilla WoW came out, and a lot of people would still enjoy it.
>>
>>337597907
At this point I would wipe everything off the table and start from scratch. I mean with a role playing game you don't just keep it going for over a decade to the point that it becomes so bloated and ridiculous it makes no sense anymore, you start a new campaign. Let people keep their characters / achievements and it's still called World of Warcraft, but roll back levels and stats, and lorewise it's a fresh start
>>
>>337603796
Stop being an idiot then? You should of had avania's feather and some goblin gliders. That opens up some shortcutting.

If you kept your eyes open there were purple glowing treasure chests for the corrupted shards. You could of also realm hopped for rare hunting it's eaiser than roaming the map.

Not to mention just being in a group for higher tag results.

Fucking idiots who do things the hard way and then cry about it.
>>
>>337599163

>no worgen death knights

Nothing wrong with this, though.
>>
>>337604263
Yeah, hell, maybe even roll back a few expansions... something like a "classic" server... hmm...
>>
>>337604032
Sounds pretty off for a hyper-intelligent magic-oriented race. You got a source on that bud?
>>
>>337599163
Worgen DKs at least make some sense considering Arugal's involvement in Northrend. You're right on the rest though.
>>
>>337604251
Yeah a very small vocal minority. And they won't even be satisfied with Vanilla servers.
>>
File: 1454804725172.jpg (198 KB, 700x820) Image search: [Google]
1454804725172.jpg
198 KB, 700x820
>>337597907
My DK got forced off his PvP server, he was alliance on Stormreaver though

it was like 80/20 horde/ally so that saved me 20 bucks though the timeless isle was really interesting when literally anyone could gangfuck me out of no where and I was a slow ass dk with no pvp gear

I can't wait to play this game again when legions out desu, looks like fun regardless what braindead hiveminders on /v/ will spout
>>
>>337602670
>It's not like druid or paladin where there are reasons why some races can't be them.

I mean the logic behind a strength based Warrior/Fighter class in any game is "okay I may not have magic or divine powers but I do have big muscles and a big dick so fight me fgt". Considering a male gnome has the same athletic capabilities of a 13 year old child, just seems far fetched they'd be able to hold their own physically against an opponent bigger than them.
>>
File: writing onthewall.jpg (96 KB, 1785x758) Image search: [Google]
writing onthewall.jpg
96 KB, 1785x758
It's been the time to do it for years now.

Being able to queue into anything, at any time without anything other than a class, spec and iLvl is what really did it for me.

Goodbye Stormreaver Horde, we had some great times.
>>
>>337604473
thanks for the insight nostradamus
>>
>>337604539
That'll show them! Grats!
>>
>>337603921
I haven't subbed in over a year and had them give me 7 days on two occasions, 5 days on one, and 2 days that just ran out. I was actually just dicking around on leve 1s because Legion alpha sparked my interest, when I noticed some of my heirlooms were missing and called them because ticket queues were 24+ hr wait time. They just straight up added 2 days to my account without me even asking so I could log in and flag my heirlooms.

I doubt you'll get 30 days, but 7 should be e z. Say what you will about WoW being shit, but after playing FFXIV for a while with their shitty non-existent support, I was amazed I could call and talk to a live person in 3 minutes and have my in game issue resolved on the spot. Great customer service.
>>
>>337604207
Yeah Legion actually looks really good, I'm most excited about that whole zone they have dedicated to lore, it looks really nice.

>>337604251
You think the gaming industry hasn't substantially changed in the past decade? And the competitive forces around it!?

Dude look at retailers a decade ago. Look at retailers now, absolutely destroyed by Amazon.

Huge market shifts do happen in rather short periods of time. Maybe it's because this is my livelihood as a consultant I take this stuff very seriously, but you underestimate how much things can change.

There is no point in debating with you any further if you cannot accept this.
>>
>>337604592
Any time nostalgia fag
>>
>>337603625

Leveling never took any effort, leveling was a breeze on Nost because I'm not 12 anymore and I'm not dumping all of my points into garbage stats.
>>
>>337603398
The problem there is not enough reward for fighting through the mobs. Either the gameplay isn't fulfilling or the general rewards are basically non-existent, caused by there being both no consequences for having to respawn, and there being no way to upgrade / advance gear progression except raiding.
>>
>>337604539
>Stormreaver Horde
what was your name senpai?
>>
File: literally you right now.jpg (143 KB, 800x857) Image search: [Google]
literally you right now.jpg
143 KB, 800x857
>>337604595
>>
>>337604370
Gilneas/Worgan story arch in WoW starts after the Lich King is dead. Who's making them deathknights, Bolvar?
>>
>>337597907
Fix itemization. Make it so that there is still a reason to do old raids after the new tier comes out, and drastically tone down catch-up gear. This is the single biggest flaw in WoW.
>>
>>337604712
it's far easier now though

you can honestly pull an entire zone in whatever you've gotten from your quests with pretty much no issues if you have any aoe for nearly all of 1-100 except for the occaisonal rare thrown around outlands 2.0
>>
>>337603398
I never liked timeless isle but compared to tanaan jungle it is sooo much better.
>>
Flying is great, if you want it removed you can give me back the hundreds of thousands of gold + time spent getting mounts and rep and I'll never fly again.
>>
>>337604937
The official story Blizzard went with is they're reanimated Worgen made by Arugal when they brought his spirit there for shenanigans during Wrath, so technically they make some sense.
>>
>>337597907
If we're talking about what I'd fix about modern WoW, then it's hard to say since there's really too many things that need fixing, but simply can't be. If they made dungeons and leveling longer/harder people will complain. If LFR/G is removed people will complain about that too. You can't really take out things like that after you added them so long ago, adding things like that for convenience was innocent enough, but removing them would be purely to make things more inconvenient.

One of the only things I'd want changed about Vanilla is for them to fix the classes and make it so some specific specs aren't completely awful at everything. It doesn't have to be perfectly balanced, but there's nothing fun about not being able to play what you want to because your favorite spec is literally useless.
>>
>>337605010

But your point wasn't "it's easier now" it was "make it take effort AGAIN" when it NEVER took effort.
>>
>>337605010
And that's a problem why?
>>
>>337604685
Retailers aren't gameplay and psychological standards, which WoW now does very little to appeal to.
>>
>>337605137
Oh it took effort, it was just the bad effort where you had to drink/eat after every pull and had to kill 1000x more mobs
>>
>>337604263
>just dropping vanilla and all the xpacs of content
What an idea.
>>
File: WC1 Azeroth.gif (328 KB, 1659x1240) Image search: [Google]
WC1 Azeroth.gif
328 KB, 1659x1240
>>337604539
>>337604764
So how often did you actually see alliance, I was alliance and I only knew of a single guild that was alive at the time

Server was dead for ally during SoO MoP and only a little better at WoD launch

Plenty of horde though, thats for sure
>>
>>337604764
You first
>>
>>337604207
I don't really see why that's a problem. In any case, I don't think single target threat should take a big hit. Mostly I'm talking about AoE threat and the ability to recover from anyone pulling instantly.
>>
>>337605250

That's not effort, that's inconvenience.
>>
>>337605010
During the legion stream on twitch Blizzard said that they want to fix it in the future with scaling like in Legion. I hope that we will be able to reach level 100 only with azeroth zones(when its done....)
>>
I remember being so burned out on questing during BC that I listened to music playlists and grinded on those owlhawk mobs in Nagrand for hours to level alts.
>>
File: 1294264703025.jpg (31 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
1294264703025.jpg
31 KB, 247x204
>>337597907
nothing
the game is perfect which is why everyone that was a dick left because they couldn't find any decent trolling material.
>>
>>337605250
>and had to kill 1000x more mobs
And not because they gave less xp (they do but still); you had to kill a million and one mobs because quest item drop rates were abysmally fucking low. You could kill raptors in the Barrens for hours and only have six of the twelve teeth you needed for your quest.

And then when you finished getting them all, the next quest in the chain is to go and kill more raptors.
>>
File: 1457265266060[1].gif (1 MB, 516x290) Image search: [Google]
1457265266060[1].gif
1 MB, 516x290
>fly around for 3 and a half hours looking for Netherdrake eggs
>find zero
>people actually want to return to this era of the game's history
>>
>>337605284
I played Alliance. I was an officer in <hi> if that's the guild you're talking about.

>>337605289
Lyons in Wrath
Dig in Cata
Bruise in MoP/WoD
>>
File: comic-2011-05-02-large.jpg (151 KB, 704x494) Image search: [Google]
comic-2011-05-02-large.jpg
151 KB, 704x494
>>337605284
Actual SR Alliance? Hardly never. We were pretty abusive to them in MoP and they never really recovered. Like they would try and kill you in front of Firelands entrance or at FPs but I never saw them do anything other than raid TB a few times.
>>
>>337605137
>make levelling take some actual effort

you're putting words in my mouth, don't do that.

>>337605165
it might as well not exist if the first week or more of any new player's experience with the game is quite literally facerolling through all content given with zero challenge provided

i'm sure it's fine if you're levelling your 10th alt to max out their garrison too, but for anyone who isn't it's largely uninteresting outside of the occaisonal fun storyline because nothing takes any effort
>>
>>337605136
>removing them would be purely to make things more inconvenient
That's not logical. Removing them is to increase population density in specific areas and develop socialization in an MMO.
>>
>>337601764
>Though in the case of Diadem that was probably a good thing because it was FUCKING AWFUL
I hate this.
Diadem had so much potential to be something like sky or dynamis but nope, they made it as bad as they possibly could.
>>
>>337597907
garrisons were a really bad move imo. too much micromanagement later on, and too good rewards to just pass it up.

daily quests and boring shit like that needs to be removed. daily heroics can stay because they are very good at giving you a feel for how much your equipment has improved.

fucking remove catch-up gear. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to remove a clear progression line. go to 100, farm some equipment in normal dungeons. go to heroics, farm some equipment. alongside that get some equipment from the open world or whatever (awesome addition btw). slowly be good enough to do good dps or tanking or healing in the first raid. farm until you have a good set of "first raid" equipment. continue with raid 2. imo with all the grinding from vanilla etc removed, this would be pretty awesome. I have no idea why they removed it, guess people are 2 much shitters.

can keep lfr but just make it normal difficulty with the same lockout system lfr has now.
>>
>>337601091
>muh realism in a fantasy world
It's not against the lore, just against your view faggot.
>>
File: 1432336046513.jpg (8 KB, 217x223) Image search: [Google]
1432336046513.jpg
8 KB, 217x223
>>337605579
>An optional quest for an optional faction that gives optional purely cosmetic mounts is bad
>>
>>337601246
Activision-blizzard*
>>
>>337604385
Do you play the fucking game at all ? They're, like the dwarfs, tied to the titans.
>>
File: serverfirst.jpg (84 KB, 800x558) Image search: [Google]
serverfirst.jpg
84 KB, 800x558
>>337605601
Unfamilliar. I was Modulation for a long time, Gob Sham (ret.)
>>
>>337605786
Garrisons were a problem because they completely fucked off professions
>>
>>337605786

>fucking remove catch-up gear

No, fuck that. Vanilla's linear progression is what made it so goddamn unbearable, having to do simple, boring ass Molten Core 30+ times to be able to get enough gear to move up to the next tier was why the raiding was so goddamn abysmal.
>>
>Scrap WoW
>Release progression servers that move from patch 1.0 to the final patch of WoW at relatively the same pace with the droughts fixed
>Create Warcraft 4
>Start from where WoW would have started, completely retcon it
>>
File: 1456325492512.jpg (294 KB, 629x618) Image search: [Google]
1456325492512.jpg
294 KB, 629x618
People actually hate gnome warriors?

Are you so edgy you have to hate on a little midget lady with green pigtails taking giant fists to the face?
>>
>>337606034
Nah keep retail, there needs to be a filter for all the stupid baby faggots who'd just endlessly complain about shit.
>>
File: 1271403476830.jpg (197 KB, 1216x684) Image search: [Google]
1271403476830.jpg
197 KB, 1216x684
>>337603014
T W E N T Y F I V E U S D

And they sold 3 million dollars worth on the first day

;_;
>>
>>337606123
/v/ hates anything that's fun. /v/ doesn't actually play games, they just sit here and complain about them.
>>
>>337600876
the actual quest design and stuff has gotten much better in modern wow vs vanilla.

but they completely trivialized it. it's literally impossible to die, or even go oom or low health and have to drink or something. there are no special challenges while leveling up, and there are no power curves because you literally 3 shot everything in basic gear with every class. I literally ask myself "why do I even have to do this?" when leveling up. Just give me a 30 min movie that shows me the story and give me a level 100 char, and I will have missed nothing.
>>
File: passingaffair.jpg (293 KB, 911x930) Image search: [Google]
passingaffair.jpg
293 KB, 911x930
>>337606185
That sounds like everyone who has ever played WoW ever.
>>
>>337605991
>don't make me play the game!
>that'd be fucking gay!
and here we are
>>
>>337606243
epic meme bro.
>>
File: 1393639427191.jpg (375 KB, 725x900) Image search: [Google]
1393639427191.jpg
375 KB, 725x900
You know what I really want from MMOs?
Vast worlds. And I mean HUGE. Even if they are empty. I want that feeling of being lost or having to carefully think about where I have to go and how far I can adventure, or that tense moment when you face someone else and are far away from everyone.
The only MMO which comes even remotely close to that feeling is EVE online, and that's just because making huge swats of empty space is easy.
>>
>>337602526
> we will never add cash shop
oh blizz of 2006, so naive
>>
>>337599724
Nah, I'd go a step further: all main classes open to each race unless it makes zero sense (tauren rogue for example), and then a hero class exclusive to each race.
>>
>>337601004
of course stories can evolve, they just shouldn't evolve into shit which is what happened in the warcraft universe.
>>
>>337606317
I don't disagree, but the people still playing retail today are a refined version of it.
>>
File: Celestial-Steed-1[1].jpg (137 KB, 1226x743) Image search: [Google]
Celestial-Steed-1[1].jpg
137 KB, 1226x743
>>337606192
>This video is 6 years old...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVal6o6bzZ8
>>
>>337606324

No, don't make me play the same 100% unchanged fucking raid tier 40 times to completion just to move to the next tier which I'll have to play 40 times to completion, 100% unchanged, just to move to the next tier. Especially when the mechanics are as retarded and simple as Vanilla.
>>
>>337599724
Alliance is approximately 75% human on many servers. This is the future you wanted.
>>
>>337603446
>Pssst! Hey kid, want some darkness?
>>
File: 1456868409359[1].png (1 MB, 957x539) Image search: [Google]
1456868409359[1].png
1 MB, 957x539
>provide actual criticisms of the game based on a scientific theory of the four keys of fun
>forums torn between agreeing and disagreeing based on the upvote-downvote ratio
>thread is deleted, I'm suspended for "trolling"

Why save it? S'cool
>>
>>337606353
closest thing i can think of is those giant minecraft servers with multiple communities and built cities and stuff like that
>>
>>337606185
Sounds more like legacy servers to be honest.
>>
>>337606526
and 24% night elves!
>>
File: PlaneofSuck_1024x768.jpg (93 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
PlaneofSuck_1024x768.jpg
93 KB, 1024x768
>>337606472
This is unfortunately very accurate.
>>
>>337606480
>you are now condemned to spell out URLS with your corpse
kek
>>
>>337597907
>realm merges

Literally not a problem if you play on a populated realm. Sorry you're retarded and don't research your servers.
>>
>>337606526
What was their racial that replaced the PvP trinket? That's why. I came back to the game and immediately rolled Human for PvP purposes.
>>
>>337606591
>the four keys of fun
Which are?
>>
>>337606353
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzTYvEBsghc

huge world huh?
>>
>>337606520
so instead you just want to do the latest available raid an endless amount of times?

there's no way around your problem actually. if you want diversity they should do that stuff by splitting bosses into different raids instead of one huge raid like hellfire citadel.

the linear progression is clearly superior because it means you don't get everything handed to you.
>>
>>337606596
That's pretty much the same thing that came to mind while typing that post, which is sad. I might have to try one though, especially if they have dungeon/rpg mods and aren't autistic about building shit.
>>
>>337606760

http://www.nicolelazzaro.com/the4-keys-to-fun/
>>
>>337606520
>don't make me play the game dude!
>that'd be fucking gay!
and here we are
>>
>>337606737
>90% faction prevalence
>>
>>337606648
For a good reason!
>>
>>337606520
after tier 1 people only did MC for alts and legendaries, it wasn't required at all
>>
>>337606764
Azeroth is roughly the size of Manhattan someone figured out
>>
>>337606770

By having different difficulties which is why they introduced the system.

>>337606863

So you're capitulating the argument? The point isn't that I don't want to play the game, the point is I don't want to have to sit there doing the in-game equivalent of watching paint dry for 2 weeks.

>>337606929

Yes, after they got geared from running MC over and over because you couldn't do Tier 2 until you got exclusively geared from Tier 1. Then you had to run Tier 2 by itself over and over and over with zero change if you ever wanted to do Tier 3.
>>
>>337606740
And considering how humans can be a billion classes, everyone else did it too. Some even paid money to change races. That's not okay.
>>
File: 1461968410329.jpg (23 KB, 318x307) Image search: [Google]
1461968410329.jpg
23 KB, 318x307
>>337604209
I want this.
>>
>>337597907

Never release anything wow related after the movie and the next expansion. Just fucking let it die.
>>
>>337606596
I wish I knew how to find good servers - only fun I had in minecraft what with 4chan servers - huge communities and actual fun.
>>
>>337606764
I don't get it. That is pretty big. And it's only one continent out of what, 7 now with legion?
>>
>>337607220

>stop making 500 million dollars annually because I personally don't want to play the game

lol
>>
>>337607090
>playing world of warcraft is like watching paint dry to me!
>instead of finding a different game like a well adjusted human being, i'll work to make this game objectively shit!
and here we are
>>
>>337606764
If only I didn't know Azeroth like the back of my hand by now.
>>
>>337607473
>repeating the same exact content is compelling
t. false flagging
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_072009_155733.jpg (482 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_072009_155733.jpg
482 KB, 1920x1200
>>337606731
I miss when gold farmers were creative.
>>
>>337607539
what the hell do you think people have been doing the past year in live wow? the difference between the old system and this one is at least you'll go through a bunch of raids instead of raiding the last one for a year and a half until the next expansion
>>
>>337607326
It's not as big as you might think because actually crossing those distances takes almost no time. There are portals and flying mounts and a billion other ways to zip around. Distance means nothing in wow.
>>
>>337607539
skipping right to the final tier and doing exclusively that instead isn't repetitive?
>>
>>337607750
b-but MYTHIC!
>>
>>337607750
there is balance and nuance dammit you guys need to chill the hell out.
>>
>>337607713
Just because there's easy ways to get around doesn't mean it isn't big. At least it's not like TES where you just click on a location and your there.

I recently just quested through the game again (zero dungeons or looms, just quests) and the zones felt as big as ever.
>>
>>337607090
you could completely skip MC with crafting and ZG shortly after tier 2, how is that not a catchup mechanism?

you're literally arguing for the one relevant raid per year system we have now
>>
File: 566jh6j35.png (22 KB, 103x126) Image search: [Google]
566jh6j35.png
22 KB, 103x126
>>337607831
>tfw you realize that blizzard unironically spends their time designing each raid and its loot tables 4 separate times so that every fuckhead on the retard spectrum is equally represented
>>
>>337607368

I meant its going progressively to worse. I know they still make money with it, but as a player thats my honest opinion.

They removed the social aspect pretty much completely with garrisons, just hang there and thats all there. Once a week a raid, and thats the only time you really need to talk to someone, maybe even then you dont need if you just lfr as a dps.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_051416_012602.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_051416_012602.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>337608087
Yeah man, that's why Legion will have a focus on world quests and class halls so at the very least you can chill with your fellow class-bros

They get garrisons were a failure.

I think..
>>
>>337608062
Can't have another XT-Deconstructor on our hands, can we?
>>
>>337607870
Vanilla's system was objectively the most varied. It also had the most substance and made you play the game the longest. Because it took much more time and effort, it felt more rewarding to finally catch up.

You're literally shitting on good game design and fun gameplay because you personally don't enjoy playing the game, and you want to play it as little as humanly possible, but you keep playing the game for some odd reason. It's literally a mental illness that you suffer from.
>>
>>337608339

We can always hope they get it, but its blizzard so im not hoping too much. i mean, it would be great if it goes better with the Legion but to be honest, i think it will be the same as with MoP. Item squish at first, after that on every patch it goes downhill again.
>>
>>337602483
>hard to imagine what the world pvp would be like.

Pretty easy to figure that out, Epic Mounts killed World PvP long before Flying was even a twinkle in a dev's eye and BGs buried it deep.

Anyone blaming World PvP on Flying didn't play Vanilla in any meaningful capacity, and their opinions on Vanilla concepts and gameplay are therefore ignorable.
>>
>>337599163
>Rehaul the races class eligibility.
Hey, that's a good idea, anon!
>BY ADDING MORE RESTRICTIONS
oh no you're retarded
>>
File: rsthwqeh.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
rsthwqeh.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>>337608783
>Epic Mounts killed World PvP
the shit you people come up with
>>
>>337607684

I don't play retail WoW, but difficulty levels are 100% objectively more different than doing the same raid 40 times.

>>337607750

You can't skip to the final tier, the point isn't doing raids over and over it's doing the EXACT SAME raid over and over with no change in mechanics or difficulty.

>>337608087

>they removed the social aspect

No they didn't, you just stopped being social because you weren't forced to. Nothing was stopping you talking to people. This is why people idolize Vanilla, people mistake being forced to say LF 1 TANK FOR MC PLS RESPOND in /1 as socializing.
>>
Flying is bad because there is no restriction on it, and it's so god damn much faster than ground mounts that it made them useless.

It's already too late to remove flying completely -- especially with how casual the WoW team is that they put in ridiculous shit like those gliders which rendered it pointless -- but restrictions can still be placed on the feature. I'll greentext the restrictions I'd put on it:

>much slower, 200% speed max
>affected by weather and particular zones that either significantly slow flying (down to 60% speed), or prevent flying completely
>can't go as high, you shouldn't be able to be more than 50 yards from the ground, a player should be able to hit you if they reach a sweet spot (some zones would have beneficial "updraft" affects that would allow you to fly a little bit higher and carry you up giant cliffsides)
>being hit should automatically dismount, almost how it is with ground mounts, this would also prevent remounting on a flying mount for at least a minute

That's the basics of what I'd do to it, this would promote usage of ground mounts in combat heavy zones while still maintaining the benefits of flying over low level zones.
>>
File: 1431553334830.gif (817 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1431553334830.gif
817 KB, 250x250
>>337608783
>Epic Mounts killed World PvP

???
>>
>>337600174
>Doesn't like Nelf Mages and Undead Hunters
>BECAUSE OF LORE

Are you fucking retarded? Nelf Mages existed even in Vanilla as an NPC faction and the LEADER OF THE FUCKING FORSAKEN SINCE BEFORE WOW LAUNCHED is a Hunter
>>
>>337608925
>the point isn't doing raids over and over it's doing the EXACT SAME raid over and over with no change in mechanics or difficulty.
But you don't do the exact same raids over and over, you do MC/Ony, and then BWL/ZG, and then AQ20/AQ40, and then Naxx. Each tier represents a different difficulty level and each raid has different mechanics.
>>
>>337608995
>Nelf Mages existed even in Vanilla as an NPC faction

Yeah and guess what? They were fucking banished from the rest of Nelf society, which, spoiler, is what your character is a part of. Is that really hard to understand?

As for the UD hunter shit I'm not that guy and I don't particularly have a problem with it but the Nelf mage shit was unforgiveable.
>>
>>337597907
>..What else would you fix?

no tab targeting. You swing your sword you hit the mob. Add more maneuverability features. No more GCD.

hate me.
>>
>>337609182
>Yeah and guess what? They were fucking banished from the rest of Nelf society, which, spoiler, is what your character is a part of. Is that really hard to understand?

Hm, I see, so if a race/class isn't part of normal society, it shouldn't be played?

I think I understand now, Anon. I'll let THE ENTIRE WARLOCK CLASS know. And all the Male Nelf non-casters, since WoW takes place post-shattering. You know, Dwarf Paladins and Priests don't make any sense either, the Titans have no relation to the Light, Dwarves who worship the light must surely be outside societal norms and therefore not options as well.

Oh.. Oh wait.. Maybe you meant maybe the Warcraft lore is pretty bad, has always been pretty bad, and using it as justification for gameplay impact is even worse? Maybe you were just using a negative example to prove your point. Yeah, that's way more likely than someone actually trying to use Lore as an argument when they don't actually understand the lore.
>>
>>337609407
What you want is WoW 2 with modern dynamic combat systems.

Which isn't a bad idea, but they aren't going to do it until WoW is well past ded.
>>
>>337599642
you're autistic
>>
>>337609504
All the shit you listed was also stupid. I fail to see how I apparently don't "understand" the lore when I'm complaining about Nelf mages just because I didn't mention every other lore class/race lore fuckup. I think that's what they call a strawman?
>>
>>337609587
>Which isn't a bad idea

It's a pretty bad idea, WoW and the various games that have tried to kill it have basically shown that WoW is about the level of engagement Casual players can deal with. Aiming any higher in terms of engagement in moment-to-moment gameplay just gets your game killed on the launchpad.
>>
>>337609715
>I fail to see how I apparently don't "understand" the lore when I'm complaining about Nelf mages

Well, see, Nelf Mages make sense, and you would understand that if you had any grasp of the lore of Nelves at all, in any capacity, period.

"It's outside of social norms, therefore it shouldn't be allowed" is the most retarded argument for race/class combos that can possible be found.
>>
>>337609716

The games that tried it were soulless garbage.

If anyone can make it work, it's Blizzard.
>>
>>337609504
>Hm, I see, so if a race/class isn't part of normal society, it shouldn't be played?
Not if the starting zone for the race in the dead center of that society

>I think I understand now, Anon. I'll let THE ENTIRE WARLOCK CLASS know.
Warlocks and the use of shadow magic wasn't forbidden from any society that uses it.

>And all the Male Nelf non-casters, since WoW takes place post-shattering.
Male Nelfs were never restricted from taking on physical roles.

>ou know, Dwarf Paladins and Priests don't make any sense either, the Titans have no relation to the Light, Dwarves who worship the light must surely be outside societal norms and therefore not options as well.
1. Holy Magic wasn't banished from Ironforge.
2. Humans are also direct descendants of the Titans and the founder of the Silver Hand was a Human.

>Oh.. Oh wait.. Maybe you meant maybe the Warcraft lore is pretty bad, has always been pretty bad, and using it as justification for gameplay impact is even worse?
Fucking with the lore due to laziness and muh class/race inclusion is what turned the lore from decent to inconsistent shit.

You're entirely fucking retarded bud.
>>
>>337609884
I am fully aware that High Elves were Night Elves, stop being a patronizing piece of shit, especially when you're claiming to know more about me when it's bad lore according to you.

The problem is the High Elves were banished and the reason they gave for Night Elves to start accepting mages back into their society boiled down to "Oh no, Deathwing is fucking us up, we need mages!" which is the flimsiest piece of shit excuse to allow a class/race combo ever.
>>
>>337609716
>game is exact copy of another game but worse
>the challenge level must be the problem
>>
>>337608883
>Playing a Tauren rogue should be FINE
>Theres nothing wrong with ORC PALADINS BLIZZARD
>Why can't my human be a DEMON HUNTER MOOOM

(you)
>>
>>337608384
>Making a Skinner box where it takes hundreds of hours to get anything done and to squeeze as much subscription money out of the consumer is good game design

it's shit game design and its goal is to fatten up blizzards wallet with the least amount of development effort possible
>>
File: 1435192072701.jpg (83 KB, 910x900) Image search: [Google]
1435192072701.jpg
83 KB, 910x900
>>337610587
>it's shit game design and its goal is to fatten up blizzards wallet with the least amount of development effort possible
>He says as he plays his 1 (ONE) raid patch in the entire expansion for over a year
>>
>>337610587
No, making a game that's worth playing that has enough content to last past the first month is good game design.

>it's shit game design and its goal is to fatten up blizzards wallet with the least amount of development effort possible
What's WoD then?
>>
>>337610775
You can finish most of vanilla WoWs meaningful content in one month if you follow level guides, play a non shitty spec, and use addons
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.