[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled, it new Hitman a valid form
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1447420423303.jpg (193 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447420423303.jpg
193 KB, 1280x720
So now that the dust has settled, it new Hitman a valid form of delivery or a greedy scheme to get as many shekels as possible out of you?
>>
You are literally paying per mission.
It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>337596692
But every mission offers hours and hours of content.
>>
>>337596348
>>337596692
but in the end does it work out cheaper or more expensive?
>>
It's actually a bad business decision in how non-jew it is.

The majority of people will pay for the first episode, play it for a while, realize that Hitman is a niche game that isn't for them and move on.

IO has to gamble that they get enough people buying the 15 dollar intro pack to make up for the fact that they only had to pay a quarter of the money.

I actually suspect this game might be the least profitable Hitman game, despite the fact it's easily the third best Hitman game at the very least and the levels are Blood Money Tier.

Which is a damn shame.
>>
They did a good job with the gameplay and the levels so far have been excellent.
The episodic release format is terrible though. I'd rather they just take another year to actually finish the game so I can play it all at once.

Since you're only playing it for 2 hours every month though, it works out pretty well for Steam library sharing. My friend and I split the cost and just went for the full price game and I'v enjoyed it so far.
>>
>>337597032
But they're planning on making multiple seasons. If this game gets good word of mouth going due to its quality, then it might start gaining traction when they're working on the second season. Have faith.
>>
>>337597319
What even tells you they'll make enough money to get a second season?

Square Enix might just plug the pull on them and have them work on Kane & Lynch 3 or some shit like that.
>>
>>337597173
I guess they do get the benefit of consumer feedback to help with the later levels though and the nature of the release format means people are more likely to fully experience each stage instead of just rushing through to completion. I see people on my friends list with 20+ hours just for the first level
>>
>>337596843
I enjoy the game but >>337596692
Is right.

When I can run up to the enemy the second the mission starts and put one in his head then find box to hide in/repeat until at exit. It ruins a lot for the 15$
>>
>Owners: 192,460 ± 11,019
>Players in the last 2 weeks: 84,987 ± 7,323 (44.16%)
>Players total: 174,272 ± 10,486 (90.55%)
>Peak concurrent players yesterday: 1,781
Let's assume this is a third of the owners. Is this good or bad?
>>
>>337597747
I don't think that's a valid argument, considering Hitman is incredibly replayable and has ton of cool shit you can do in it. Its depth gives it length.
I think they did a nice job broadcasting that depth too. With Opportunities and Challenges, the casuals are more likely to find out about the hidden joys of Hitman rather than just playing it like a generic stealth game where you go around shooting people all the time and hiding away.
>>
>>337597634
I would have played a lot more but it runs like trash on my (powerful) rig. Constant framedrops below 30 on lowest settings usually makes me drop it as soon as I beat a level. Probably just need to update my drivers but in the past that's caused more issues than it's solved.
Shame too, because it's incredibly fun.
>>
File: dance4.gif (550 KB, 163x153) Image search: [Google]
dance4.gif
550 KB, 163x153
>tfw you SA 5* the forger elusive contract
>>
>>337598285
Kind of loses a lot of its value when you find out you can just restart the mission when something goes wrong.
>>
>>337597757
Hard to tell because we have no idea how many people bought the 15 dollar thing and how many people bought the 60 dollar thing
Either ways, it's not mind blowing numbers, I can tell you that much.
>>
>>337596348
it's got its pros and cons. i don't see it as very greedy, to be honest, because there really is a great amount of content in each mission so far. plus, someone can try a very small part of the game and "get" the experience, and if they don't like it, they can refund it. because the game gets right into a vertical slice and you don't have to really wait to get into the meat of it. either that or they only spent like $15.

>>337597747
you can do that kind of shit in every hitman game, but the games are made so you can do all sorts of fun/cool/wacky shit. you're just missing the point of the game.
i'd say this hitman actually does the best at encouraging the interesting ways to play, partly because of its episodic release schedule.
>>
>>337596348
>has ps4
>in russia
>pays more for less just because

wow, it's probably hard being a hipster these days
>>
it's completely innefective as either
it's just a bunch of bullshit
>>
>>337597032
I wouldn't be worried about this until 2017. Bear in mind that, whether they agree or not, this is basically early access. We're basically supporting, bug testing and publicizing their game AND paying for it early on top of it.
When the full experience is done in early 2017, it will probably still sell for 50 or 60 bucks and I imagine that's when they'll go with the full marketing campaign.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.