[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Gigantic is no longer a Windows 10 exclusive Just saw the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Gigantic_HorzBanner_Option2.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1026) Image search: [Google]
Gigantic_HorzBanner_Option2.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1026
>Gigantic is no longer a Windows 10 exclusive

Just saw the e-mail today. What do you think, lads?
>>
>>337590529
I think maybe I'll actually try it now.
>>
too late. overwatch and battleborn are the big names on the scene now. the few people who cared about gigantic cleansed it from their minds when windows 10 exclusivity was announced. backpedaling on it now won't change much.
>>
>>337590529
Played this bitch at PAX prime, found it waayyy more fun than Battleborn. Too different from Overwatch to really compare. I really hope it gets released in a good workable state or it will just die.

Sven is #1
>>
>>337590886

Overwatch isn't a moba though, anon. Are you on prescription drugs? Is your brain okay? Do you need help?

I'm enjoying Battleborn a lot, but I've always thought Gigantic looked better. The art style doesn't make me want to barf on my keyboard, which matters more than you might think.

I'm certainly a lot more interested than I was 2 minutes ago. Combat looks smooth as fuck, and the animations are great.
>>
>>337590886
Battleborn is stillborn. The combat just feels awful and the art style is much less appealing than this game. If this game is even halfway decent it will easily beat Battleborn.

Overwatch is really not a MOBA at all, it just seems like it because it cribs a few character concepts and abilities from Dota.
>>
>literally every human-shaped character is a cute girl
>no fat girls or trannies to be seen

I think I'll buy this solely out of principle.
>>
File: tired_bear.jpg (178 KB, 680x796) Image search: [Google]
tired_bear.jpg
178 KB, 680x796
>>337590529
>Just saw the e-mail today. What do you think, lads?

Kinda w/e at this point. But I'm still willing to give it a whirl when it's out.
>>
>>337590529
I want to believe. I really do. I got in the beta and had a lot of fun.

the Windows 10 thing scared me, but I'm definitely gonna play it now that I can.

But I feel like it's easy for this one to die, especially with what >>337590886 mentioned.
>>
>>337591338

Battleborn really isn't bad, it's certainly worth the $30 I paid for it from G2A.

I've put about 50 hours into Meltdown so far, having a lot of fun.

Marketing is definitely going to be it's downfall, though.
>>
>>337590529

Awesome. When can I play it? Is there a new beta soon?
>>
>>337591617
Battleborn fucked up. What's the point of making a MOBA is you're going to water it down with non-MOBA maps and only a single-lane in the MOBA map? It's like a shitty shooter with tacked on MOBA elements that just end up being distracting.
>>
>>337591494
the fuck are you talking about? the only waifu material in this game is tripp and even that's pushing it.
>>
>Partnering with Perfect World
This will not end well.
>>
>barefoot genie woman has no toes

That's gonna be an issue for me.
>>
>>337590529
Good for them then, still not buying it because they went with the fucking retarded decision of making it windows 10 exclusive in the first place. Besides Smite exists as well as Overwatch so this is pretty much screwed.
Maybe if it's f2p i'd consider it
>>
>>337591882

I've never played a Perfect World game before.

What are we in for?
>>
>>337591881
... is this your first day on the internet? The tranny from Overwatch is a popular waifu. The women in this game are bastions of sexual allure in comparison. Even the nigger.
>>
>>337591882

Better than being held by the balls by Microsoft.

IT'll die in 6 months after release but that's a lot better than dying before it even comes out.
>>
>>337592002

Wait this is not free to play?
>>
>>337592002
>Smite exists

Plays like a normal MOBA instead of the hybrid it's supposed to be.

>Overwatch

Is not a MOBA at all.
>>
Artstyle is fucking gorgeous, and I will play it just for that.

>>337592002

Neither of those games are comparable.

When did you fucks become so obsessed with compartmentalizing? People used to just play games to enjoy them. Stop being shitters.
>>
>>337592241

it is. not sure where the guy got B2P from.
>>
>>337592104
>>337592209
Fair enough.
Perfect World is literally "Cashgrab" the company.
They push out and gain control of mediocre games that aren't doing well, market them, then let them fend for themselves while they die post-release.
>>
File: 1408575101463.png (207 KB, 351x317) Image search: [Google]
1408575101463.png
207 KB, 351x317
>character with a jetpack
>it's an ability
>basically a glorified double jump on a 10 second cooldown
>>
>>337592503
damn, that is pretty. it looks like an updated version of windwaker.
>>
File: 1451317364403.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1451317364403.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
>Literal tumblr-nose art style.
>People are talking about waifus.

I hate you all.
>>
File: 1462204264572.png (2 MB, 891x873) Image search: [Google]
1462204264572.png
2 MB, 891x873
It's been in development/beta/alpha/whatever for way too long, I can't even bring myself to care at this point

I did get invited to the beta a while back, will that code work too? Is it still in beta? Do they have a release date?
>>
>>337593318

I've seen quite a lot of tumblr art, anon.

Those just look like regular noses to me.
>>
>>337593607

They've had a lot of internal studio problems, that's what's been holding it up.

This is the announcement:

https://www.gogigantic.com/en/news/perfect-world-partners-with-gigantic

This is a more detailed update news thing:

https://www.gogigantic.com/en/news/preparing-for-the-future
>>
>>337591841

>one lane

b-but anon, that's just incursion, which is a shitty ass game mode.

meltdown is 2 lanes with a center overhang and 2 side areas. that's where all the fun happens.

moderately shitty games aside, if battleborn really does fail I'll probably try gigantic. looks good.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.