[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Outlast II
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: Outlast2-Header-MOB3.jpg (266 KB, 630x530) Image search: [Google]
Outlast2-Header-MOB3.jpg
266 KB, 630x530
What do you want from Outlast 2?
>>
actual gameplay
>>
peepee poopoo
>>
More cocks.
>>
A bit more atmosphere and disturbing scenes, a bit less jumpscares.
>>
it's sad that this the only survival horror series left worth a shit.
>>
>>337581941
Less linearity. Keep the zone system but add multiple ways of travelling that zone instead of one corridor everytime.

Also make enemies smarter, in the first one you could hide anywhere as long as they did not see you hide. Make them search for you the moment you hide.

Also, add multiple enemies at the time at certain points. It's way scarier to have to look for two / three people that will kill you in sight rather than only one.
>>
I've had the first Outlast in my backlog for a long time

Are the jump scares bad?
>>
>upside down cross
When will this meme end?
>>
>>337582615
Not at all, it's way more focuses on atmosphere and creepy enemies.

I'm not big on horror games at all but i found it pretty tense.
>>
The ability to fight back, instead of always running like a bitch and letting the environment or other characters do it for you.
>>
>>337582905
>The ability to fight back

How do I know you're underage?
>>
>first hour or so is great, tense as fuck
>then it turns into shit

I wish someone would make a horror game where there is no retarded faggot shit running after you every 5 minutes

>no combat
>focus on investigation
>no jump scares
>no poorly designed funny monster
>no laughing maniac
>focus on ambiance and sound design
>>
>>337582667
when we get rid of the Synagog of Satan and the Freemason and Muslim Luciferan Death Cults
>>
>>337583023
Says the underage.
Not being able to fight back is a fairly recent concept that sure started before but really caught on with Amnesia. If you really think that wanting to have more options makes somebody underage, you're a retard.
>>
>>337582006
You're a retard.
>>
No more predictable chase sequences. My main problem with Outlast was that all of the chase sequences were predictable and you could yackity sax the monsters.
>>
>>337584307
The jump scares were predictable as hell too.
>"Dead" guy on a table in the center of the room
>"Dead" guy in a wheelchair in a narrow hallway
>"Dead" guy behind a door with a window
Then they all just shout at you/grab you when you walk by
>>
>>337581941
Nothing really. I don't even care if it comes out. Still might play it.
>>
File: payment.gif (476 KB, 438x325) Image search: [Google]
payment.gif
476 KB, 438x325
>>337582568
This, I liked Outlast but enemies were dumb and sometimes you had to run and it was multiple trial and error attempts at escaping and finding out what the "gimmick" was. So many corridors, so linear. And it was supposed to be extremely gory but utlimately I didn't find these things so scary after being desensitized from all of it.

The final boss was also really meh. Miles or whatever _____dying ______ at the end was a neat twist but the "fight" was so tame. Run from A to B and just click on some shit hoping I go the right direction.
>>
Be able to skip death sequences after seeing them more than once. I remember Gluskin's taking like 20 fucking seconds every time.
>>
>>337584917
How are you dying in the first place
>>
>>337584917
Gluskin was a great villain but man running from him got a bit old.

>>337585301
Not him but while taking that key or whatever from the chapel, but the chase after that was really bad. I remember dying because I couldn't figure out where I had to go that the game wanted me to or some shit.
>>
>>337585301
I kept dying in that chase scene after you break your leg because I wasn't sure where to go or how to get around him at first.
>>
The new setting is glorious. This is an easy contender for GOTY 2017
>>
>>337582568
your wish came true... i hope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1HTFK6VAeo
>>
>>337584117
>more options
>adding combat

no. combat is not part of the experience, there are millions of games that have it-- no reason to add it to a game about escaping.
>>
>>337584289
compelling arguement
>>
first game was shit
>>
>>337581941
more like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXcLD6FyV70

because a horror game should make you feel naked like it did when you lose your camera

I also want less of that big guy type, where he would show up out of no where. I would rather have the doctor and the groom kind of characters, who have more personality and were creepier.

also more of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8byTLQwaBoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75W8eytH6c
>>
>>337587793
>>337587421
>>337582006
all me
>>
>>337587882
the game is hilarious at parts, i really hope they add more of that nonsense to lighten the mood.
>>
More of the same, outlast is the scariest game i ever played by far.
>>
File: 32195416.png (577 KB, 893x895) Image search: [Google]
32195416.png
577 KB, 893x895
>>337589741
he didn't play Silent Hill
>>
>>337582905
While i want more horror games with the ability to fight back, specifically horror fps, something like outlast is better off without combat
>>
first game:
see that door? it's locked, look for a key
oh, you see that key? it's locked too, go find three fuses
fuck this game
>>
>>337589984
don't need to, watched them all on youtube
>>
>>337590987
i hope you're joking
>>
>>337591061
I'm not
>>
>>337591358
Not me.
>>
>>337589984
there has been way scarier games than silent hill. time to remove those rose-tinted glasses lad
>>
>>337591463
such as?
i know Siren and Fatal Frame are good, but all Amnesia-like horrors are pure shit
>>
>>337591612
>Amnesia-like horrors are pure shit

Spoken like someone with godawful taste in the genre. Go get your over the top spooks elsewhere you idiot.
>>
>>337591612
>Amnesia-like horrors are pure shit
They are objectively more scary than silent hill, put anyone who hasn't played either games before and see which scares them more. Horror is the one genre where graphics and sounds actually matter
>>
>>337592105
>>337592337
12 year olds everyone.
>>
>>337592527
Great argument son
>>
>>337592665
It's time for bed, kid.
>>
>>337592815
Great argument son
>>
>>337592337
yeah, my friends think they're amazing because some youtuber played them and they looked good for them
>>
>>337592953
Go to bed, then study your vocabulary early in the morning so you'll have more words to use don't have to repeat things like an actual child.
>>
>>337593405
Great argument son
>>
>>337593509
Underage
>>
>>337592337
This.

Penumbra and its followers are the elite when it comes to horror games imo.

I still think Silent Hill can be scary though, and sometimes you get scares from other games. I remember Onimusha had a really solid atmosphere.
>>
Jumpscares: the game. I don't really want another one to be honest desu
>>
>>337593910
>Jumpscares

No? you must be thinking of something else, outlast has less than 5 jumpscares in the whole game.
>>
the battery mechanic needs to be changed immediately
>>
>>337582667
When it stops being cool as shit.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.