[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3's PVP is pure shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: flat,550x550,075,f.u5.jpg (75 KB, 426x550) Image search: [Google]
flat,550x550,075,f.u5.jpg
75 KB, 426x550
From mechanics to every feature this game is garbage when it comes to pvp.I actually havent played an online game this bad in my life.Even other souls games were miles ahead of this pile of shit.
>Netcode is shittier than ever
>Every fucking covenant is multiplayer based yet invaders are in big disadvantage
>Weapon balance is a fucking joke.None of the souls games were this bad at release
>Game mechanics are completely broekn
>Aimbot tracking for every weapon
>Stunlocks for every godamn weapon
>Fast pace ruined the game in every way except for sp
Prove me fucknig wrong.This is nothing but shit
>>
>>337576760
ITT: Irrational bitching and complaining
>>
>>337576760
It's a good thing dark souls isn't a pvp game then.
>>
File: Snapshot_20160506_171048.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1088) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20160506_171048.jpg
273 KB, 1920x1088
>>337576760
sounds like someone can't git gud
>>
>>337576760
Did you even play the other two games on release? Why am I even posting in this thread?
>>
My only complaint is that magic is borderline useless in PvP. A couple spells can be useful in the right situation, but the majority of them are just a waste of FP
>>
>>337576760
>Every fucking covenant is multiplayer based yet invaders are in big disadvantage
HAHAHA GET SHAT ON AND GIT GUD SHITTER
>>
>>337576760
>>Every fucking covenant is multiplayer based yet invaders are in big disadvantage
as an invader you have more advantages than ever
>>
Why the fuck won't From make an arena, the lag is so bad in PvP.
>>
Don't forget Invading is pointless because the advantage is stacked so high in the hosts favor and the rewards for leveling up the Invader covenants are pure garbage, and your only incentive for doing them is literally Achievements / Trophies
>>
>>337579251
>soul of cinder cosplay

my nigga, that was my first invader build too. wrecking face as the last boss with >lolmemes was great

blogging iminenti'm on that SL18 pyro build now with GCFO, god i love it. nothing better than killing multiple phantoms at once and then running the host down like a dog
>>
>>337582591
Have you seen this video?

https://youtu.be/ylIXhcVAP08

He shows his build in the first few seconds of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE39mjmYW3E
>>
>>337576760

And? Dark Souls is a PvE game with a shitty PvP minigame tacked on. If you ever enjoyed DS PvP as a serious competition go get tested to see if you're on the spectrum because you probably have autism. PvP is only cool if you do stupid cosplay builds
>>
>>337582248

lol, you're on fucking drugs. Eat shit.
>>
>>337576760
>can't git gud

git gud casual
>>
>>337582486
It's fun_.

And yes, the advantage is in favor of the host now, but people who complain about that are people that have forgotten why you're invading in the first place; to be a dickass.

You can't just bumrush the host. You gotta hide, you gotta run, you gotta strike when they least expect it. When they're weak. You gotta be patient. Work every advantage you have and don't expect any kind of honor from them, because they don't expect it of you.
>>
File: Invading another world.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Invading another world.webm
3 MB, 1280x720

How bad are you at pvp? i bet you used the giant dad meme build from DaS1 and still lost every fight.
>>
>>337583373
>giantdad

wasn't around for DaS memes, what was this?
>>
File: laughinggirl(126).jpg (345 KB, 584x741) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirl(126).jpg
345 KB, 584x741
>>337582891
oh fuck yeah, the first video inspired me to build a pyro in the first place.

hadn't seen the second one, but that's literally the exact same build i went for. I think he's at like, 30-40 SL though? crazy skill.
>>
File: 1431818471731.jpg (22 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
1431818471731.jpg
22 KB, 399x400
>>337582248
>as an invader you have more advantages than ever
>>
>>337583889
Thats skill? lol yeah
>>
>>337582891
>3:20
>sacred flame catches the phantom right out of summoning

fucking nuts, this guy is baller
>>
>>337579251
>>337582591
SOUL OF CINDER DIDN'T HAVE A SHIELD YOU FUCKING RETARDS
>>
>>337583586
Look at OP's pic.
Basically you wore the giant armor and the Dad mask and typically used a big weapon like the zweihander.

It was the best armor:weight combo that doesn't make you fatroll and didn't require much investment. Minmaxing basically.

Add to that that pyromancy only required souls, no stats at all so you could be pretty overpowered at a low level.
>>
>>337584261
If you think that's nuts, watch the rest of the series. In this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZOoYnRK7Zk at about 4:00, he gives a host a sacred flame THEN feeds him a Chaos Orb from point-blank range. This guy is fucking crazy.
>>
>>337584498
I didn't either in my build but I'm not a cunt
>>
>>337584526
so just meme twinkers, gotcha
>>
>>337576760
>dark souls 3 PVP
you mean. "katana and estoc, dark moon blade enchanted R1 spam at air and still hit, run away and heal, summon phantoms for help party?"
>>
>>337586413
i'm no hater but getting r1'd by estoc, rolling backwards, then getting hit by the followup r1 is particularly infuriating
>>
>>337586605
i boosted for mound makers, magic in PVP is basically "hope you one shot them before they see you or you die" everything in the PVP is garbage.
>>
>>337586753
>everything in the PVP is garbage.
that's not true

you just gotta be creative, and a cunt
>>
>>337587105
>be creative
>get called a memeing faggot
>>
>I cant ruin people's enjoyment then post 'git gud' on /v/

Best design choice in any game ever. No more easy kills for invaders
>>
>>337576760
>posting shitty meme giantdad image and bitching about being bad at the game
>>
Yes. This is true. Sometimes it's horrible. Usally works well though.
Git gud
>Weapon balance is a fucking joke.None of the souls games were this bad at release
Agreed
Poise is working as intended
What sort of fucking retarded complaint is that?
Wrong, only a few weapons can lock ou in for more than 2 hits. Roll away anon. Roll away.
Sounds like you're bad and can't git gud.
>>
OP sound like a giant faggot kill yourself.
>>
>>337584526
>It was the best armor:weight combo that doesn't make you fatroll and didn't require much investment. Minmaxing basically.
It was extremely mediocre and a trap for scrublords. Giant Dad is the worst fucking meta build ever.

>>337586253
Meme twinkers who aren't even any good at the game. Giant Dad is literally the mark of "I'm a huge idiot who can't think original thoughts or do anything but stuff from youtube maymays!"
>>
File: 1462342323491.png (1 MB, 901x991) Image search: [Google]
1462342323491.png
1 MB, 901x991
>its another one of those shitter at pvp and whines about it episodes
>>
File: tits design.png (740 KB, 970x726) Image search: [Google]
tits design.png
740 KB, 970x726
I have a mage build with 40 int. I do jack shit for damage, I'm using both dragon rings and they help, but do I need to keep pumping INT? And what's a decent weapon for int? I've been using the crystal rapier and it's ok, it does shit damage but it works because lel poise is shit and phantom range.

Talking about PvE, don't care about PvP.
>>
File: 1400531197242.png (703 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1400531197242.png
703 KB, 800x1000
>>337588202
>exile greatsword
>S
R1 into L2 doesnt require skill for shit
>>
>>337588341
60 is the actual area you want to be in, either for miracles are sorcery. 40 for pyro.

You probably won't win any popularity contests, though. Fags that just kite around hoping for the chance to use a spell that takes off 90% of your health in a trade probably won't last long, once people tire of your antics.

Issue in Souls games with casters has never been scaling or cast time, it's been with how brain dead all of them are. They're just long range number bombs, so you can't really balance them.
>>
>>337588202
>warden twinblades
>Need to time my attacks
anon pls

Great lewds tho.
>>
>>337588837
do people literally walk to your range and never try to space you out?
>>
>>337587105
Sounds like Souls PVP in general
>>
>>337588825
All right, thanks. For pyro it's 40 int/faith, right? I'm making a pyro next.

And I don't really use spells for when invaded other than the great soul arrow when I want to make the other player come at me, or when they run in a straight line to escape, easy way hit them in the back. Overall I don't give much of a shit about the PvP, it's been bad with a low skill ceiling since DeS. Getting invaded is a fun part of the game, but definitely not the reason I play the games.
>>
>>337588202
I haven't gotten the game yet, who's that lewd princess on the top right?
>>
>>337583373
I've done my fair share of invasions in DS1, but this sort of feels like justice for the invaders.
>>
>>337576760
Let's not forget the wonderful caestus parrying.
>Fix backstabs but make parrying more obnoxious than ever
>Let's bring back the hornet ring too while we're at it
Bravo, From.
Back to Bloodborne I go.
>>
>>337587302
not really sure what you're talking about, but who cares if you win?
>>
Well who the fuck told you to get that cringelord piece of shit game in the first place, you stupid nigger?

Keep crying, faggot.
>>
>>337590146
They should just get rid of parrying entirely. They obviously don't want people using it in PvE, and in PvP you get faggots who get their ass beat up and down Pontiff's for the whole match and then pull out an estoc and caestus and spam until they (probably still lose) maybe win. Or better yet, people who have no intention of fighting at all, and just try to hornet parry you.

It'd be more appropriate if you could riposte someone if their stamina broke, and parrying was just a well timed shield block that reduced their stamina by a lot.
>>
>>337589190
>wanting spoilers

c'mon anon. It's the new firekeeper
>>
>>337590525
I've run into my fair share already, and I'm not sure what it is but I'm just not as hyped as I should be

Thanks tho bruv
>>
>>337590507
>just try to hornet parry you.
This was a huge fuck up. Caestus parrying is retarded easy to perform, and the hornet ring is a guaranteed kill.
>>
>>337576760
>Any build that doesnt have 1k health gets oneshotted by parry spamming hornet ringers
>Small shields/Cestus spammers for days
>People keep thinking charge attacks are worth shit
>>
File: 1462657526896.jpg (60 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
1462657526896.jpg
60 KB, 479x492
>>337582248
>can heal with estus now
>Enemies still don't attack you
>black crystal faster than ever
Unless you're really bad at stop an estus chug or a run n' summon, invading is actually easier than ever before.
Name one disadvantage.
And if you count being embered as full health and not extra, you're an actual casual faggot and your opinion is irrelevant.
>>
whats a good quality weapon thats not a straightsword

using the drang hammers is fun but i want to mix things up a bit in pvp
>>
>>337591946
The disadvantage isnt the bonus health, But the estuses, And it's hard to "Git gud" when a single bad whiff can lead to you being R1 spammed in a second.
>Using the enemies
Only works if the host is retarded or gets stupid confident with pals, But what happens instead 9 times out of 10 is they Pull out a bow/Seed of Giant/ Throws consumables.

And when the host sits on 14 estuses with his 2 phantoms that sit on 7, While i sit on my single 7, Makes things KIND OF a pain.
>>
>>337591946
>host can pop giant's seed to aggro enemies
>host can summon 2(+1) phantoms
>poise is non-existent when you're getting hit by 3 people with longswords
>black crystal is shit because poise does not work when you're not attacking, host can easily tickle you and cancel it
Health does not matter when you can kill them in 2-3 combos. Its whoever has more estus and the host always has more estus + his phantoms
>>
I think it's better than ever personally.
Anyone who thinks souls game ever had balanced pvp or mechanics, especially at launch, has the memory of a lemming.
>>
>>337593139
>All that roll spamming
>No way to punish it
3 is fucking stupid
>>
>>337592948
>poise is non-existent
ftfy
>>
>>337593139
>"I think it's better than ever personally"
>using shitter weapons

Surprise surprise.
>>
>>337593802
What classifies as a non-shitter weapon then? Oh wait I got it, let me import the lade from Dks2 or just use a Broken straight sword in this one right?
>>
>>337594016
Bare fists, every other weapon is a weapon for shitters
>>
>>337591946
>reduced health
>weapon upgrade matchmaking means you're pretty much always gonna be facing people with higher upgraded weapons
>estus is basically unpunishable with how fast it and taking lag into account, specially when you've got another 2 faggots chasing after you
>lloyd talismans are complete shit, have terrible range, small AOE and only last like 30 seconds
>this means that unless you're fishing for 1 hit kill parries with the hornet ring you're gonna have to burn through all their estus
>poise doesn't work so getting hit by a straight sword spammer once guarantees the host and his butt buddies stunlocking you for another 6 hits
>rolls cost less stamina than any weapons' running attack so even if you manage to kill his phantoms the host can just roll around forever while summoning more
>and on top of that there's the auto-summoning blue sentinels
>the host can use a seed of a giant to also turn the mobs against you which is literally the only thing you have on your side as an invader
>entering a fog gate is pretty much instant so you can't even punish them for running to the boss
I can deal with being at a disadvantage, in fact I have never invaded with a twink character in any of the games and always used appropiate gear for my level, but you're out of mind if you think a 4vs1 where even the PvE is against you isn't unbalanced
>>
>>337593230
I think 3 suffers most from what the games turned into in PvE. Dark 1 was probably the most resource-driven in the sense that you need to get to the boss without losing too much estus. It wasn't about surviving le epic meme enemies so much as just not taking many hits when getting from A to B.

As the series has gotten older, more enemies have gotten less fair in an effort to make the game harder. Estus is no longer a long term resource. It's more of a glorified blood vial, with the challenge being whether you can press the heal button and roll away before an enemy takes off 75% of your health bar in one swing.

That translates poorly to PvP, where everyone has five times the estus they should, it comes out instantly, and rolling is so core to every mechanic that if someone has no intention of actually attacking you and just wants to run away, you're never going to catch them or wear them down.
>>
>>337589454
>justice
Twinking in 1 was a pain but From way overcompensated giving the host the advantage with matchmaking in 3. Unless you're using Watchdog or Aldritch covenant where the numbers are more balanced, you will almost ALWAYS invade somebody with 1 or 2 phantoms and because fights aren't over quickly because of high hp pools, you're fucked trying to finish off a host who can retreat behind a phantom who can stun you with a quick hit because >poise while the host takes an nonpunishable sip. As someone who was an invader in Demon's, Dark 1, Dark 2, and Bloodborne, I don't even want to play PvP in Dark Souls 3 anymore. Even the rare time I get a summon with the red soapsign it's some faggot bitching about "muh honor" or just a ganksquad. And that's just matchmaking. I won't even get into weapon balance.

PvP sucks in 3, period.
>>
>>337592362
Profaned great sword is godly. You just need to hyper armor through hits. I've killed so many estoc/straightsword users since they believe that they can r1 spam and trade.
>>
>>337583373
>people think 2v1 is even possible with people who are at all competent at the game

2v1s are easy as fuck when your targets are total morons, against people who know how to play it's impossible.
>>
Muh Lorian >>>>>> everything

800 AR is epic
>>
File: 0 (5).png (393 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
0 (5).png
393 KB, 449x401
>>337579251
>tells someone to git gud
>uses a shield
>>
>>337587362
>"ruining" someone's experience
>implying being invaded isn't part of the Souls experience
>>
>>337597805
You need a shit load of space, at least. Against people who know what they're doing, they'll just get on either side of you, force out a roll or an attack and go in on you. Even if it's mistimed, they can just space out their attacks so your stamina will be exhausted. At that point, you HAVE to have enough space to run away from them. So at best, against competent players, you can run.

If you're actually able to use the environment and PvE enemies as your allies, it's way more manageable. Although that almost never happens. Gank heroes will just sit on their bonfire and refuse to move. I've actually sat down and watched a video while I waited on three faggots to get off their bonfire and deal with the level. They eventually did, after about 15 minutes of waiting. But they carefully pulled each enemy one by one with a bow. Even slimes.

You can never underestimate how fucking cowardly a Souls player is. Or how heartily they will congratulate themselves for winning a 4v1.
>>
>>337593139
>PvP is better than ever because I can kill total shitters

Wow, please tell me more.
>>
File: 98b.jpg (18 KB, 478x351) Image search: [Google]
98b.jpg
18 KB, 478x351
>>337582891
fucking christ, this guy is nuts with how accurate his fireballs are.
>>
>>337598479
>You can never underestimate how fucking cowardly a Souls player is. Or how heartily they will congratulate themselves for winning a 4v1.
My absolute favorite is when it's a 3v1, you manage to kill the phantoms, then the host rolls around the bonfire with iframes for days and summons more phantoms forever.

Good shit.
>>
>>337599662
They should at least disable summon signs once you've been invaded, fuck's sake.
>>
>>337598814
I'm sorry that I can squeeze more fun out of the game than you can. How's the sl120 meta around Pontiff? I'm sure it's a blast.
>>
>>337599961
>implying

What's next, going to assume I use an Estoc or Dark Sword while you run around with fucking Warden Blades?

Again, you think PvP is fun because you can kill people who have no idea how to play or approach a situation, good fucking job guy.
>>
>>337599737
Or better yet, you can only summon purples.
>>
>It's a "Host is using BKGA with a caestus in the left hand" episode
>>
>>337600167
No I'm sure you don't. Only Simple off hand Caestus and 1 shot ripostes for you my man. I can only imagine the cookie cutter sl120 shit gets boring after a while. You should try getting back to what Dks1 pvp was actually about.
>>
>>337600398
list of what can and cannot be parried when?
>>
>>337594016
nice shot, bet that pissed him off
>>
glad i don't give a shit about any of the online stuff in souls games. feels great
>>
>>337600601
There already is one. I'd link it, but I'm on my phone. It basically comes down to every 2 handed heavy weapon is unparryable.
>>
>invaders are in big disadvantage

the fact you think there is anything wrong with that makes me disregard all your other points, fuck off.
>>
>fast pace ruined the game

actually, unironically, put a bullet through your head
>>
File: tumblr_o76233jk4B1s0zj9yo2_1280.png (109 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o76233jk4B1s0zj9yo2_1280.png
109 KB, 700x500
someone has obviously never played a souls game at launch.
remember dwgr havels? remember havelyn and santiers spear?
of course you dont, too convenient.
>>
Dark souls pvp has always been shit. The only way to make it fun is to make a troll build and to irritate the shit out of people like blocking people on bridges and narrow walkways or using a comically bad weapon. Dueling has always been down to cheese builds and abusing the shit netcode. PvP is good for dickwraithing and nothing else.
>>
>>337600551
Sure thing buddy, whatever you need to make yourself feel better because the only way you can stroke you fragile ego is to kill players who can't fight back at any competent level.

Don't forget to upload these webms to Youtube.
>>
File: 1460244514011.png (2 MB, 1065x902) Image search: [Google]
1460244514011.png
2 MB, 1065x902
>>337576760
that's correct
I still got 605 kills so it's not that bad
you can't be serious
enemy gets a riposte even he took full dmg from your R1 so yea shits broken
not really
R1 souls for casuls
are you talking about roll spam?
>>
>>337601009
I will. Enjoy another 5-6 months of the japs not patching Straight sword hitboxes while you try to put together some shambling pale imitation of a 'competitive' pvp game.
>>
>>337594016
silvercat ring, hawkeye ring, lightning clutch ring, obscuring ring?
>>
>>337601176
All right aside from Lightning Clutch, It's Prisoners chain is giving the Kalameet 'Buff'
>>
>>337588202
>Zwei not viable
Don't know about that.
Don't. Know. About. That.
>>
>hey you know all those improvements we made in ds2 pvp
>lets get rid of all of them

aside from soul memory ds2 was the best pvp in the series with the most variety of builds, the best pvp covenants and the most unique armor sets
>>
>>337588202
does anyone have sauce on the Gwyndolin one?
>>
>>337598189
>not being able to parry with a shield
>not baiting parries by taking two with shield up, rolling away, and letting them come in for two more because they think they can guard break you
>calls someone out on calling someone out for needing to git gud

I SERIOUSLY HOPE YOU GUYS DON'T DO THIS
>>
>>337601374
>katanas do ridiculous counter damage
What were they thinking? I prefer ds3's weapon balance a bit, ultra weapons feel so good and competitive for once
>>
The thing that pisses me off most about the PVP in this game is that if you want to collect everything (spells, pyro's, rings) you need to advance so far into each covenant. So then you gotta try and win 30 PVP's against gank squads and shitty net code.

Thankfully trump will bring about WW3 so I can finally die.
>>
>>337579251
>it's a cosplay with a shield episode
>>
>>337576760
Pretty much agree. Just invade in the area after Pontiff and just join in the mad chaos. Usually lots of invaders there to help you. And if you invade a duel club wear the obscuring ring and fuck with them or something. Gotta create your own fun.
>>
>>337601721
If you're bad at invasions you can get tongues/medals/vertebrae through red soapstone duels
>>
>>337601269
speaking of, is there any reason for the calamity ring to exist? do you get something if you beat ng+ with it on the entire time or something?
>>
>>337601374
>most unique armor sets
Woah, three hundred sets of cheesy cheap-looking shit
>best pvp
Who gives a fuck when the main game is terrible compared to the other entries. Pvp is THE LEAST important thing in the souls series and ds2 being so shitty only confirms it
>>
>>337602030
No idea. Probably not, I think it's just an homage.
>>
>>337602173
Whoa, its almost people are talking about Dark Souls PVP in a thread about Dark Souls PVP, and not PVE

retard
>>
File: 1429562491819.jpg (35 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1429562491819.jpg
35 KB, 720x540
>>337576760
>Playing Souls for pvp
Oh buddy
>>
>>337600939

fucking havelyns
>>
>>337602245
It didn't have a purpose in Dark Souls 1 either did it?
>>
>>337602306
Yeah and I'm here to tell that gimping pve in favour of pvp in a pve-oriented game is a great way to make the game shitty, example of it being DS2
>>
File: 579334.jpg (91 KB, 447x400) Image search: [Google]
579334.jpg
91 KB, 447x400
>>337601581
>needing a mid shield to parry so that you can use it for defense like a little bitchboi shitter as well
kek
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 639x480
>>337576760
You're wrong, low level builds have never been so diverse

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka1ap_t_PZ8
>>
>>337576760
>It's not fair mommy

Why do people still think souls games are supposed to be fair? The devs even said they don't give a fuck about fairness.
>>
>>337576760
At least it has PvP

Bloodborne might as well not have it.
>>
File: 1406726070248.jpg (82 KB, 471x679) Image search: [Google]
1406726070248.jpg
82 KB, 471x679
>>337600551
> cookie cutter sl120

nigga mages dont even work until 100, all this slvl 80 bullshit is dumb, and dont pretend half of the mechanics aren't broken. ive decided to stop playing until a general weapon and stat re balance are preformed(not to mention mechanics like poise, parrying, and stability are fucked) , untill then the game is an obnoxious shitpile worse than the worst parts of 2.
>>
>>337582591
>tfw did soul of cinder cosplay and went mega autist, keeping offhand curved sword + fire pine resin and toxic mist, along with bonfirr sword with sacred flame
Tried to emulate the fight but I only invaded hosts with millions of phantoms and no one looking for fun
>>
>>337602973
and then you get fucked in pve because you get 2 shot by every boss and if you aggro 3 or more foes you either run or die.
>>
>>337576760

>I'm shitty and mad about it: the thread
>>
>>337603278
I know most of the mechanics are broken. Why do you think I'm twinking? The fuck would I subject myself to Sl120 'Meta' builds when half the mechanics in the game don't operate as they should, not to mention your point about mages are right, I don't want to play at that fucking level.
>>
>>337602813
Dark Souls 2 wasn't gimped because of pvp you moron, it was shit level design
For fucks sake, even in PVE the game had many more options that DS3 does with its builds
>>
If BB did not fuck up its PvP in the beginning, it would have been the best game of all souls games.
>>
>>337603952
man i just found it really jarring that so much intrinsic shit is borked,

have i been spoiled by darksouls 1 post gfwl and ds2 :sotfs progress,

is this how it always is for the first few years?
>>
>>337595779
Aww poor little invader baby is it making you cross that you can't pull the same bullshit you've been pulling since Demon's Souls?
>>
Man the JP players are too kind. I asked if he got Concords when I was "afk hide summoning" for them. He only understood Concords and said yes he understands Concords and then he screenshotted his build and SL for me and I don't know why.
>>
File: fuck honor.webm (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
fuck honor.webm
3 MB, 1920x1200
Fuck honor
>>
>>337604872
Damn right. You know the real deal.
>>
File: 1390795507478.gif (363 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1390795507478.gif
363 KB, 400x400
>>337583373

>no one notices the Maldron Cosplay

Thats pretty neat actually
>>
Here's the Japanese Tier List for Weapons.

>Assume SL100-120

>S+:
Piercing Swords(rapiers), Red Halberd, Black Knight Glaive, Carthus Curved Sword, Great shields

>S-:
Darksword, Homosword(a.k.a twinprinces' greatsword), Washing Pole, Halberds, Small shields(for parrying purposes)

>A+:
Straight swords, Curved swords, Black Knight Greataxe, Black Knight Sword, Spears, Small shields, Black Knight Shield, Fists/claws(parrying), Gotthard Twinswords, Exile Greatsword

>A-:
Hollowslayer Greatsword, Dragon Tooth, Curved Greeatswords, Silver Knight shield, Shield of Want, Lothric Knight shield, Long spears, Greataxes, Lothric Knight Greatsword, Profaned Greatsword, Dancer's

>B+:
Ultra Greatswords, Greatswords, Spiked mace, Katanas, Twinswords, Hammers, Shields, Dragonslayer's axe, Thrall axe(as sub-weapon), Smough's Hammer, Yhorm's Machete

>B-:
Old Wolf Curved Sword, Farron Greatsword, Whips(sub), Axes, Shortswords(sub), Fists/clawas(sub), Great Hammers, Flameberge

>C+:
Whips(as main-weapon), Shortsword(main), Fists(main), Reapers, Onigiri(without Ubadachi)

>C-:
Onigiri(with Ubadachi), Claws(main), Greatlance

>D:
Darkhand, Broken Straight Sword
>>
*pours out a little Estus for the fools who couldnt git gud*

Its a shame, really.
>>
>>337603952
>Why do you think I'm twinking?
Because you are bad? I made a high wall twink and played it for two hours, PvP is 100x more cancerous at low levels
>>
Claw and fist weapons have the same attack windup frames as a Lucerne.
Let that sink in

>>337590146
>Want to dick around with spears in PvP
>Poke the guy twice
>He panics pulls out his offhand caestus
>Go back to Black Knight Glaive and kill him for free
>Every single time

I'd really, really like to use something that isn't the Glaive thanks.
>>
>>337590146
hornet parry is the only way to beat a gank squad as invader
>>
Here's what the elevens think about the online aspect.

>Giant's Seed overpowered

>Invading a solo host is bad taste

>Fight clubs are the bottom of the scum

>Invading a 1v3 that is getting through the area is considered the real experience. But they hate players using GSs.

>Poise working only on hyperarmor frames is praised (They hate DaS poise, Love DeS style of it which is what DaS3 poise is based on.)

>Greatshields are overpowered

>Proof of Concords Kept has become the masochist's home, the grinders share their pains in the forums to ease their suffering. Getting summoned to it is like cheating. Dark spirits are actively encouraged to black crystal out if they get Blue invaded

>Straight swords are overpowered, no real reason to use Ultra variety

>Not a lot of backlash on Estoc
>>
>>337576760
>Netcode is exactly the same, even somewhat better now with the password system.
>Invader's are hugely disadvantaged despite being able to estus now.
>He doesn't remember dark magic and bayblades in 2, or ninja havels in 1. But muh poise, why do I actually have to dodge now.
>The game is bad because it's broken because I said so
Why are people so intent on blindly hating 3? Literally every complaint is
>Waaaaah why do I have to dodge now
>Waaaaah why does a sequel reference things in past games.
>>
>>337576760
You know for the first 3 days of me playing pvp around level 50 I would agree with you and honestly all your points are correct, but you're playing it incorrectly and that's the issue. Once you realize how bad all that is invade people and just give them a fun experience if it's acting silly or having a crazy build. You can even find fight clubs in some areas of the game which are super fun. Being a dick about the pvp being broken isn't going to get people who enjoy the pvp on your side.
>>
>not having a gank squad where your two phantoms are red phantoms
its more fun when your pals can actually hit you and they can actually hunt down the pussy invaders
>>
>>337583373
This is why I will no longer invade in low level places. You have bunch of shitty players who someone as many people as they can so they don't have to play the game then once you take out the summons the host just back steps and heals over and over or just walks around in circles for 5 minutes dodging you so you get bored.
>>
>>337599961
Moar of the these.
>>
>>337606763
see
>>337603278
>>337601047
>>337600943
>>337594305
>>
>>337583373

I wish as a phantom you could use seed of giants and make the host/other phantoms able to hit each other
>>
>You invade a world
>All the enemies are dead
>The host has 3 phantoms
>They all have Tears of Denial active
>One of them is a magic spammer
>2 are using Dark Swords while cosplaying as Artorias
>One is using the BKGA with caestus
>All of them are using the obscuring ring
>They are all sprinting towards you
>You are the only invader present
Your move?
>>
File: 1462163868342.jpg (3 MB, 2008x3047) Image search: [Google]
1462163868342.jpg
3 MB, 2008x3047
>>337606756
>Invading a solo host is bad taste

Fuck that

Invading a solo host is about the only thing thats fair
>>
>>337607994
Black Crystal out. There's no point really.
>>
>>337607994
Black crystal
>>
File: 1463248885114.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1463248885114.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
>>337604872
>mfw killing the host of a fight club with a supercharged smough's hammer backstab
>>
File: 1461292714962.jpg (52 KB, 651x326) Image search: [Google]
1461292714962.jpg
52 KB, 651x326
>>337607994

vainly and stupidly try and let them know you'll 1v1 them, by backing off, encouraging one to come after you, dancing away from multiples, and even emoting you want a single fight

and then get ganked anyway because everyone hates invaders, including from
>>
>>337607994
run away and solid snake through the level with obscuring ring, hidden body, slumbering dragoncrest ring.

find a GREAT hiding spot, aka jump off an elevator onto a shaft mid ascent.

afk and shitpost on /v/. if there's anything gankers hate, its an invader that's wasting their time and taking up a player slot
>>
File: Smug2.png (69 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
Smug2.png
69 KB, 184x184
>This game that prioritizes fighting bosses and giant dragons and shit while journeying through dangerous areas until you get to the credits isn't focused on PvP!

Why do PvPfags always get their fucking panties in a bunch over everything? You fucking sore losers are the worst not only in Souls games, but EVERY fucking genre of video games.
>>
File: 1378841373247.png (48 KB, 773x302) Image search: [Google]
1378841373247.png
48 KB, 773x302
>>337607994
Toss fireballs at them and get slaughtered I guess.
>>
>>337576760
honestly, it's the first dark souls game for which I actually enjoy pvp. Backstabbing finally works reasonably, and the change to how poise work finally allows you to have some build freedom. I've always hated having to read up on some shitty meta and having to follow it to the letter otherwise I'd get devastated. Right now I'm playing with the sellswords twinblades, parry shield and arbalet, with a fashion armor, and I'm actually having a lot of fun. Even gank squad are not nearly that much of a problem because the mobs are much more of a threat for the players, even with seeds on. There are still a few flaws however, mainly estus count, estus punishability, infinirolling and the ability to keep re-summoning without any reasonable limit.
>>
OK so I see EVERYONE complaining online about Darksword, but when I watch videos online it's literally just 1hit KO builds and hornet ring parries. I got my Dark Sword recently. It's nice and all, but it really just makes my opponent fish for parries and I really only R1 hit twice before they roll away and estus.

What makes Dark Sword so great?
>>
>>337607994
Obscuring ring at a retarded place in the level and go shitpost.
>>
>>337576760
pretty much every souls game except for Bloodborne had 99% useless weapons
>>
>>337609349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfqRlJ1uN9w
>>
>>337607994
>turn on trianer
>enable no move/godmode
>unsheith my washingpole
>telaport behing them
>heh....sorry kid, nothing personal.
>>
>>337609349
Phantom range, highest dps in the game, one hit is absolutely lethal when in a gank squad because lolnopoise.

In handholdy reddit duels? Less of an issue, very predictable and you'll get combo'd.
>>
Metal Gear Souls: The Phantom Range
>>
For you Katana fags out there.

Here's the best build I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNyra95xYf0
>>
>>337606756
>>Fight clubs are the bottom of the scum

But fight clubs are a fucking blast, what the fuck?
>>
File: 1420032850812.jpg (30 KB, 350x258) Image search: [Google]
1420032850812.jpg
30 KB, 350x258
>people still think souls PvP is supposed to be fair

This isn't some e-sport shit guys. Calm the fuck down.
>>
>>337605501
who?
>>
File: 1463059470686.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463059470686.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>337609931
Forgot to include this.
>>
>>337609349
the r1spam is deadly if you get hit but i think it's a bit overrated by people i used it for pve but in pvp i prefer to use my profaned greatsword, the darksword weapon art R2 is not that great so
>>
File: SL 80 SS shitter slayer.jpg (558 KB, 1360x1530) Image search: [Google]
SL 80 SS shitter slayer.jpg
558 KB, 1360x1530
>>337609349
DS is a scrubs weapons.

once you understand the game its all about the BKA

hornet+parry does like 1600damage
its 3 hit combo does around 1300
>>
>>337610147
kekked
>>
>>337606756
>actively encouraged to black crystal out if they get Blue invaded
nigger what.
>>
>>337610195
>big guy
>27 vitality
are you even trying?
>>
Weapon balacing is actually the best of all the games other than Bb
>>
>>337610195
>814 AR
What the fuck?
>>
>>337606756
>Dark spirits are actively encouraged to black crystal out if they get Blue invaded
You hear a lot of shit about how people are dicks when invading, but that's on another level of cruelty right there.
>>
File: 1231241536.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1231241536.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>invading with my Crestfallen Warrior RP at level 26 in Undead Village
>Every single host
>EVERY
>SINGLE
>HOST
>I invaded 100 times
>All of them had end-game gear/weapons
>70% of them had friend summons
>It's somehow fair that you can summon friends with +10 weapons/gear
>"B-but anon it scales down their damage"
>But it does not scale down their armor/resistances/hp advantage, they take nearly no damage from my +2 weapon
>95% of them had at least 2 phantoms summoned
>50% got a darkmoon
>65% were using Estoc
>A WHOPPING 97% I SHIT YOU NOT FOLKS, NINETY FUCKING SEVEN PERCENT WERE USING EITHER BUCKLER OR CAESTUS FOR PARRY SPAM
>75% spammed emotes over my corpse when I of course lost the 3v1
>I won four 3v1's
>had to use mobs though
>23% of the worlds had a giant seed active
>Only 17% of the hosts recognized my RP
>3 Hosts Sodoku'd out of respect
>14% of hosts attacked during bow

There ya go. It was a brutal 100 invasions but if anything it made me yearn for past games. The meta is awful. The advantage for the hosts is ridiculous, friend phantoms are OP as fuck, and fucking phantom range during combat is complete bullshit.

I'm done with PvP in this game, or at least invading. For now on I'm just going to get summoned and hope for an invader to gangbang because apparently that's how we're expected to PvP now.
>>
>>337609595
All I see is people trying to roll to the side of someone's R1 spam. Literally if they just rolled away they'd be just fine,

>>337609725
I'm trying to use it for invading, where usually the host has an advantage so that the phantom range is kinda negated. Seems like it gets outclassed by other weapons with more meatier range. When invading I get two hits in and my opponent just rolls away and heals. Only time I can R1 spam them down is if they try to roll past me like an idiot OR they let themself get cornered. Both situations happen very often actually, but that's not the Dark Sword's fault.

Is Dark Sword complaining basically baseless whining?
>>
>>337609950
The JP really hate fight clubs. It stems from DeS actually, when you faggots started treating 4-1 as the "MUH HONOR" place. So when that happened, it was almost like people were saying that if you invaded in 4-1 that means you're there to duel. So that irked those who just wanted to invade.

It's true anyway. Fight Clubs are cancer.

>>337610285
It means that if you got your Concords by invading, you were cheating to get those faster.

They wanted people to suffer and farm those Concords. Because almost everyone never gets summoned, and if you get summoned, you're very lucky. Hence it's the Masochist Covenant for them.
>>
File: Maldron (2).png (569 KB, 548x725) Image search: [Google]
Maldron (2).png
569 KB, 548x725
>>337610090

Maldron the Assassin

http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Maldron_the_Assassin
>>
File: 1348172021388.jpg (22 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1348172021388.jpg
22 KB, 460x276
>>337609595
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfqRlJ1uN9w
>end of the video
>>
>>337576760
Git gud. PvP was slanted in favor of the invader before, now it's in favor of the invaded. Learn to parry, bitch boi.
>>
>>337610156
how is the R1 spam deadly if you can roll away after two hits?
>>
>only farron and aldrich left
Fuck this territory shit
Lets make the pvp area in one too so all invasions are duel arena!
>>
>>337610429
dark souls 2 would like an apology now :^)
>>
File: hy1HPMA.jpg (195 KB, 1062x738) Image search: [Google]
hy1HPMA.jpg
195 KB, 1062x738
>>337610467
>Is Dark Sword complaining basically baseless whining?
No. It really is a damn great weapon.

Phantom Range, AR is almost the same as GS or even UGS, stamina and range efficiency is the best. The weapon art is also great.

No it's not out of whining. It really is a good weapon.

Picture is the max range of a normal straight sword. Now add a character length over that plus phantom range for the Dark Sword.

Do you get it now?
>>
>>337607994

Cheese them on ladders. If there are no ladders present cheese them with heights and the silvercat ring. If I can't do either...Well fuck. Run around before getting slaughtered.
>>
File: 1446290125228.jpg (145 KB, 624x950) Image search: [Google]
1446290125228.jpg
145 KB, 624x950
>>337610429

I see all of this in Crucifixion woods all the time.

Soon as I come in, I know I've invaded a prepared gank, when a seeds active, and the host as 3 phantoms
>>
>hardcore PVP soulsfags
Unironically kill yourselves
>>
>>337606756
>>Invading a solo host is bad taste
>>Fight clubs are the bottom of the scum
>>Invading a 1v3 that is getting through the area is considered the real experience. But they hate players using GSs

Damn good taste
>>
>>337610195
I really like that face my man
>>
>>337610420
I didn't know about the ear bullshit but while invading I had immediately noticed that blues tended to be the thirstiest motherfuckers. So easy to bait & punish, sometimes it made the gank easier to deal with, cause they all became reckless
>>
>>337610852
I guess, but I think that's only good for honor duels. I barely notice a difference form it and my Longsword. Weapon Art is also very slow. When I use it people just slash me down.

My issue is how can people complain about Dark Sword when things like Hornet Ring and 1shot greatsword thrusts exist? With those you're going to get killed no matter what almost. With Dark Sword you get hit twice by the R1 spam then you roll away and estus if needed.
>>
>>337610687
because it hurts bad
>>
>>337610467
>using dark sword for invading
It's a host weapon/gank squad weapon.

If you're going to invade, you need a meaty weapon to kill the host in one combo, bust out that darkmoon blade buffed dual weapon, spiked mace or caestus and kill before you get killed.
If you don't kill the host in one go basically, host will estus through every time.
>>
>>337610429
You have no one to blame but yourself for that. Low level invasions are cancer. Game gets so much better once people have the stat investment to actually use the good weapons in the game.
>>
>>337610991

I got so many forked tongues from blues, either killing or dying.
>>
>>337610892
My favorite bit, if the phantoms are wearing the dark ring they don't show up as "phantoms" summoned when you invade. You can see just the host name, no phantoms, but then you find the host and he has 3 phantoms wearing dark ring with him.
>>
>>337611153
Another good one is the Lothric Knight Sword. It's 2H stabs can be chained and the phantom range on it beats FUGS. It's fucking retarded OP and I'm destroying everyone but Estoc poke spam with it.
>>
>>337611153
Goddamn I gave you the whole roundabout why and you just skipped over it.

Fight someone who knows what to do in invading and has a Dark Sword + Greatshield. Come back here and tell me if you don't understand why.

Try that as an invader as well.
>>
>>337602973
this text to speech voice is destroying my sides
>>
>>337611393
>Estoc poke spam

Shields beat Estoc poke spam
>>
>>337610420
>>337610991
>get summoned as a blue
>the host knows your suffering
>he pops a dried finger
>as you kill the invader (who was nice enough to 1v1 duel you without shenanigans) another pops in
>he does the same honorable shtick
>you end up getting like 5 concords in one go
These moments single handedly make up for all the black crystals, dead before I even step into the world, hours of waiting as a blue sentinel. Unironically saves me several hours of farming right there.

The japs can go fuck themselves on that account.
>>
>>337611196
>Low level invasions are cancer

No. I'm invading with a +2 weapon, not even wearing a head slot and then chain mail and a wooden shield to complete my RP. I'm invading EXTREMELY fairly and will not chug unless the host does so first. But every host assumes they're only going to get invaded by hackers or some shit so they get their friends to drop them end-game items in High Wall and go through the entire game with at least 2 phantoms in tow.

To counter the "cancer", hosts have become unstoppable super aids that make invading a worthless endeavor. Now I just dried fingers as MM and hope a mad spirit invades to get my shackles because if I don't summon a phantom my world stays 1v1 until the enemy invader dies.
>>
>>337582891
Whats with this trashy dubstep. Can't watch at all.
>>
File: 1462974511657.jpg (242 KB, 1024x976) Image search: [Google]
1462974511657.jpg
242 KB, 1024x976
>>337611715

Grapes and Sunbros get matchmaking to put them with Hosts who already have multiple phantoms.

I get more single host invasions invading with a red eye while farron is equipped - haven't tried it with fingers equipped though
>>
I HAVE NOT POISONED SOMEONE ONCE WITH MY SPOTTED WHIP +10 EVEN WITH POISON RESIN AND 40 LUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
WHEN I FIGHT WHIPS I GET MY SHIT SLAPPED, BUT WHEN I USE THEM THEY DO NOTHING
>>
>>337610991
Either they're the thirstiest or they are AFK or they are so fucking incompetent in invading.

I already said this in a previous thread.

I afk'd hide popped dried finger in Crucifixion Woods for 3 fucking hours. Just wanted to help some blueberries get their Concords.

Only ONE won against a cherry. One. Holy shit blueberries are so bad at invading.
>>
>Go to central irithyll with friend summoned
>Pop seed to prevent runners
>Wait for 2 phantoms for a 2v2 battle

Are we cancer?
>>
>>337610429
Undead Village and High wall is probably the worst areas to invade. They are very open and the mobs are way too weak. Seriously From wants you to be a total dickhead as invader. They want you to use mobs and environment for ambushes. Im having a blast invading Archdragon peak and Irithil. Just remember that time is on your side. The host cant sit at the bonfire forever.
>>
>>337612037
Blues don't get phantom range. I'm still testing this but I noticed it against blues. They whiff a lot but every other phantom gets tons of phantom range. Might be a bug.
>>
>>337612454
I got shit to do. When the host just hides I kill myself. I've done the whole wait it out thing. Waited for over an hour, host finally broke, ran around a bit, then popped fingers, then roll spammed and sprinted from me while he summoned 3 phantoms to gangbang me.

Fuck that. Never again.
>>
>Invade someone with 2 phantoms and get gangbanged
>Feel like shit
>Invade someone playing solo and shit on him
>Feel like a piece of shit
I just can't win.
>>
>>337611952
Those are awesome. I'd love a model Red Eye Orb.
>>
>>337612709
>When the host just hides I kill myself
oh yeah these faggots are the worst. Wish there was a way to detect hosts. Like with that flying sigil that shows dorkmoons

Why would you even play online if you dont want to play with other people.
>>
>>337611715
>invading EXTREMELY fairly
For RP? Otherwise that's retarded. If you want honour then duel. Chugging is a mechanic and honestly makes invasions way more interesting
>>
On top of all the shit invaders deal with, the level ranges for invasions are also completely fucked. 10 levels down and 30 up. What the absolute fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>337613302
It's -20/+30
>>
>>337611715
>help i'm gimping myself for no reason and the hosts aren't and it's unfair???
>>
Is there such thing as a lag switch?

I thought that was a joke or something salty people made up but twice today I invaded and while I was winning suddenly host starts running in place while invulnerable while he waits for phantoms to summon. I kill phantom and he does it again, and as soon as I start casting a pyro he breaks out of the running animation and attacks me.
>>
>>337612878
sure you can
>play at my brother's house each one in turn
>he bitches about gank squad and wonders how people can be so scummy
>get my turn, double gank
>bait them around in irithyll, they don't move a lot but I piss them off pretty bad with bombs, throwing daggers, arbalet and the occasional slash to their faces
>they've advanced a bit, we're next to the first fire witch
>finally, blue joins
>brother tells me I'm done
>tells him yeah, I'm about to end it
>bluetard just as expected runs to me like a dumb ass
>roll.exe
>firewitch get them flying while they desperately try to hit me
>occasionnaly stop my show to give them a few hits
>phantom and blue down
>start chasing the host to the bonfire
>kill him while he tries to summon another phantom
damn, that was satisfying
>>
>>337582591
>not going Stray Gundyr
>not scaring the shit out of people in Untended Graves
>not watching scrubs try to roll into your spin
>not using the point down gesture when you win like a real champ
>>
>>337594016
You've seen Krazy's video?
>>
I'm glad the latest patch for PC version added in the functionality to turn my GPU and video card to idle settings at random so the game freezes every other minute for 3 seconds.
>>
Can someone explain how combos/backstabs work? Do I have to be one handing my weapon for it to combo or something? My UGS sometimes doesnt combo into a 2hit, for whatever reason.
And how do I even get backstab punishes in this game? Do I have to roll behind them, or sprint behind them, or use a shield? No matter how hard I try they roll out of my backstabs
>>
>>337612210
>2v2
you're fine
>>
>>337614596
Isn't it fucking grand? Love that shit.
>>
They should have put something like the Blade of Mercy in the game.
>>
>>337615127
>combos
what? are you talking about
>backstabs
you can really only pull this off if they do something with a long wind-up time, and poor directional tracking, like a greatsword overhead swing. just stay close to them, circle around and be quick about it.
>>
>>337613302
hows that a bad thing?
>>
As a strength build with no poise and with a great club in both hands, gcs on the back, I love fighting people with little, fast weapons. Mixing up my attack timings and rolls and them trying to catch me slipping. It's pretty fun right now. Don't know what high level pvp is like.
>>
>>337616105
a combo is a chain of inescapable attacks.

most weapons only have 2 hit combos some have more.
>>
File: GankSpank.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GankSpank.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>337616763
Great club > Every other weapon
>>
File: ishugddt.jpg (21 KB, 450x444) Image search: [Google]
ishugddt.jpg
21 KB, 450x444
>>337617596
>sub 900AR

no thanks.
>>
>>337617596
>I lazily mashed R1 and...I won

Autism.
>>
File: L2meetsR2.webm (2 MB, 920x518) Image search: [Google]
L2meetsR2.webm
2 MB, 920x518
>>337617881
I didn't need to use any other attack in that webm though
>>
>>337617596
>phantoms continue to attack you after you've won

is it just rage? do people really hate invaders that much? nothing turns me on more than someone elses impotent rage, but why do they all do this?
>>
>>337618579
I think they just want to kill the invader before they go, it's just free souls if the invader doesn't fight back
>>
>>337618579
>kill a red phantom as a purple
>objective completed
>host and his phantom wave at me as I start to fade away
>smash the host's shit in too, hear him die as I vanish and get nothing for it too
i hope that red phantom got the tongue at least
>>
>>337618579
People here are mad at invaders. I've seen people here go "fuck invaders fuck all of you, you ruin the game, etc."

Lots of people here are having a field day over host advantages and are loving it.

So yes, people hate invaders.
>>
>>337576760
I agree with most of your points, I wouldn't say PVP is shit in the game but it sure is worse than in previous games.
>>
File: laughingchoirgirls.jpg (249 KB, 1200x1072) Image search: [Google]
laughingchoirgirls.jpg
249 KB, 1200x1072
>>337598189
>Uses a shield at all
>>
>>337580841
not even magic, but builds are pretty much all useless too, no point in any build when a 40/40 quality build with a refined weapon infusion nets the highest damage 99% of the time. When 90% of STR weapons do like 15-20% more damage with a quality build, you know shit is fucked.
>>
>>337580841
Magic is for OHKO cheese just as much as parry spam and spiked club and darkmoon blade.

The trick is to have on obscuring ring and slumbering dragon crest ring, sneak up someone from behind, and oneshot them.
It's actually perfect for invasions and dealing with gank squads.

Will suck ass in duels though
>>
>>337600601
Dead angles my nigga
>>
>>337620675
>When 90% of STR weapons do like 15-20% more damage when you put in 30 more stat points into dex and infuse accordingly , you know shit is balanced.

Seriously, more stat investment = more damage.
What is wrong with this?
>>
Can someone try a build where

You are using the Farron Greatsword
You are using the Homing Crystal Mass

Basically you anime out with the Farron and while that is hitting HCS does it's work as well.

Report back here if it works in invasions. Thanks.
>>
>>337621257
fuck autocorrect

>its
>>
>>337621257
Homing soul mass shoots much faster than Farrons L1. The guy would have no trouble dodging your attack.

If your intention is to bait their roll you can just combo your R1 with L1. It works wonders against shitters who spam rolling
>>
>>337621661
I was expecting HCS to hit while you faggot out with L1. Looks like from what you're saying it won work though. Too bad.
>>
Who the frick had the bright idea to put frikkin intelligence and faith requirements on frikkin pyromancies? They're frikkin useless now.
>>
>>337621153
in DS1 and DS2 using STR weapons with a STR BUILD will always outdamge quality builds using str weapons, in DS3 90% of STR weapons do more damage with refined infusion on a quality build. Do you think it makes sense for a Great Club to do 10% more damage with refined infusion on a 40/40 build than 60+ STR?
>>
>>337622135
>frick
>>
>>337620675
>quality
>highest damage
You mean hollow, faggot
>>
>>337622295
>Do you think it makes sense for a Great Club to do 10% more damage with refined infusion on a 40/40 build than 60+ STR?

Yes, why the fuck did you go 20 fucking points past the soft cap?
Toss those points into vig/end/vit or something.
>>
>>337588837
They have shit range and are easily spaced out by anyone with a brain.
>>
File: watchmebuffyoufuck.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
watchmebuffyoufuck.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>337623093
People should really learn how to make their opponents whiff then attack that whiff.
>>
>>337623093
Not that anon
but twinblades (wardens and sellswords) instagib anyone, go through estus like butter and can actually damage through greatshields unlike most other weapons. you literally need one solid punish (meaning you have to know the opponents weapon and when to punish) and the fight is yours

in fact i have no idea how the S tier weapons even get past greatshields
>>
>>337583373
You literally rolled the ONLY area where you couldn't get away.

Like fuck maybe if you DIDN'T roll into the BIG ASS WEAPONS you might have stood a chance
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.