[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Dark Souls III is the best Dark Souls II you could ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: dark souls 3.jpg (55 KB, 330x327) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 3.jpg
55 KB, 330x327
"Dark Souls III is the best Dark Souls II you could ask for, but at the end of the day it's still pretty much Dark Souls II."

Is he right?
>>
>>337574779
Nah. Completely different from DS2.
>>
>>337574779
More areas are connected in DaSIII and endgame isn't filled with big dudes with shields and it has memorable areas so no. It's not great but it's solid while DaS II is 0/10.
>>
>>337574779
No.

DaS3 is DaS1.5. DaS2 was an actual DaS2.
>>
>>337574779
>but at the end of the day it's still pretty much Dark Souls II."

but how? Dark Souls III is actually a good game.
>>
File: 1399551511750gfc1d.jpg (123 KB, 319x315) Image search: [Google]
1399551511750gfc1d.jpg
123 KB, 319x315
>>337576545
Yes, DaS3 plays too safe though. Every desition they made is proved to work. When poise is fixed and the 3 dlc are in its gonna be a fantastic 80 hours game. Its not as good as bloodborne, but is way better than DaS2 and that is a pretty good game.
>>
>>337577095
I did not find DaS2 to be enjoyable and the Sunken King DLC was bullshit because every single enemy was resistant to what I could use and I could use:
Hexes
Fire weapon
Lighting Magic
Poison Arrows
regular magic
>>
>>337574779
its definitely a better dark souls 1 sequel than dark souls II, what we got as dark souls II should have been dark souls III and what we got as dark souls III should have been dark souls II
>>
Can someone explain this to me? Didn't want to open another souls thread, just looking for a quick explanation
I'm playing NG+ and I'm understanding the plot a little better now, but the pair you meet before the swamp explains they're after Aldritch, who is in the Cathedral of the Deep - and I understand that's probably where he was, given that the Road of Sacrifices was were people were hauled to him to be fed, but why is he in Anor Londo instead? Did he just exit to go consume gods, bored of the Cathedral? Does this explain why, ultimately, the cathedral is a dead end once you reach the deacons, there's nothing there and your character in theory was looking for Aldritch?
>>
File: image.jpg (330 KB, 1148x1404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
330 KB, 1148x1404
>>337574779
Daily reminder that ds2 & 3 are not canon

Mainline series
Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne

Shitty reddit spinoffs
Dark souls 2, Dark Souls 3
>>
>>337577628
his tomb is the big mecca thingy you find in the cathedral, he went to anor londo to consume gods
but he left a clue in the mecca of the deep by mistake, the irythill doll, that pretty much straigh up points to where he went
>>
>>337577738
>dark souls in its entirety not a spinoff of demon's souls
>fucking bloodborne of all things not a spinoff

how can someone be so stupid
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 373x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 373x348
>>337577845
I remember that now - that was supposed to be a hint to his location, that's actually really cool. Thank you, this gave the Deacons fight a lot more significance
>>
Are you guys actually so fucking stupid you think he's talking about the DS2 that actually came out? Jesus christ
>>
>>337578082
aldrich seems like a pretty interesting and well written character, but overall incomplete story

champion of ash went to mecca because thats were aldrich lives, he had no idea aldrich would move to anor londo, much less have any idea of anor londo's existance
>>
I think he's just saying that DS3 is more of a DS2 than DS2 was.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.