[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled. Which one is objectively better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: bvd.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
bvd.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Now that the dust has settled.

Which one is objectively better?
>>
>>337568924
uncharted 4
>>
>>337568924
Dark souls 3. I've played both.
30fps is unbearable.
>>
>>337569034
>30fps is unbearable.
Every time it never fails.
>>
I've come to the conclusion that it depends on how many times you're going to play through them.

If you're only doing one playthrough, BB.

Multiple playthroughs, DS3.

The gameplay and mechanics and bosses are all better in bloodborne, whereas the build variety, online, sidequests, and optional stuff to do are better in DS3.
>>
File: baitne.jpg (41 KB, 680x683) Image search: [Google]
baitne.jpg
41 KB, 680x683
>>337568924
Dark souls 2
>>
>>337569108
>Side quests
Dark souls 3 quests are pretty shitty. You don 't really do anything besides just talk to niggas in certain spots besides two quests and the ending of another one where it actually does something.
>>
>DaS > BB > DaS3 > DeS >>> DaS2
>>
>>337568924
Bloodborne is better
Dark Souls 3 really suffers for being a sequel
>>
DaS3 = DaS > DeS > BB > DaS2
>>
>>337569196

Yeah but at least they can lead to a different ending, or have branching paths or whatever.

BB is pretty much "rescue them or don't idgaf"

DS3's aren't great, but they're better. Sirrus alone is a cooler questline than anything in BB.
>>
>>337569468
>Sirris alone
Sirris is a fucking pleb what are you on right now. Elieena, and the whore from BB both have better quest lines then her.
>>
Bloodborne is the best thing Miyazaki has made, not sure how he hopes to top that other than just expanding on it with a direct sequel. Dank Souls had no hope to even compete.
>>
>>337569596

Ok true Eileen was better, I forgot about her. But the whore literally didn't do shit but sit on her ass. That's what everyone does in BB, you send them to Oedon chapel and they sit on their ass. It's lame.
>>
File: bb.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
bb.gif
2 MB, 540x540
>>337570537
>Alfred's quest
Master, look! I've done it, I've done it! I smashed and pounded and grounded this rotten siren into fleshy pink pulp! There, you filthy monstrosity! What good's your immortality now! Try stirring up trouble in this sorry state! All mangled and twisted, with every inside on the outside, for all the world to see!
>>
>>337570890

Just because Alfred had the single greatest line of dialog ever recorded didn't make his questline good though. It would've been cool if that was an actual fight, and you could either help him or Annalise.
>>
>>337570890
Best ending for an NPC questline in the series.

The voice acting during his rant and how calm he suddenly is when you talk to him is fucking perfect.
>>
>>337571243
So you only deem sidequests as satisfactory if they have a fight involved? Because the sisters in the window and Gilbert both have interesting events.
>>
>>337568924
Bloodborne would be almost perfect if dungeons never existed.
>>
>>337571243
but you can fight him if you want in the queen's chamber

>>337571498
oh, you is it?

He's a great character
>>
They are different. DaS has a more sad tone while BB has the horror shit going on. Just look at the stories of the NPCs. In DaS they die, sometimes tragic, sometimes hero deaths. In BB they become batshit crazy:

>imposter Iosefka
>saint whatshername that literally become a junky blob
>Alfred (see above)
>the little girl that is devoured by a pig and then her sister rejoyce in her death, later to be found with her head bleeding on the street
>the cannibal
>the granny that goes insane and finally killed
>Yharnam, the queen and her whole and creepy fight in the dungeons
>those faceless NPC you hear behind doors that become mad overtime
>the whole mensis ritual and Yahargul

The only one that has a somehow DaS feel is Eileen, who just dies a somewhat honourable at the end.
>>
File: lady maria.jpg (90 KB, 564x910) Image search: [Google]
lady maria.jpg
90 KB, 564x910
>>337569639

this desu
>>
>>337572136

I only deem sidequests as satisfactory if you can actually interact with them, or if they're leading up to something.

Like DS3 for example:

Greirat: Not interactive, but an actual meaningful choice; the consequences being that you could actually lose a vendor

Siegward: Helps you fight Yhorm at the end, some bonus plot stuff, cool sidequest

Patches: Again, taking part in it gives you access to a new vendor, and not just some guy that sits around and repeats 2 lines of dialog

Sirris: Cool, interactive questline with multiple fights and good rewards

Hawkwood: Interactive, fight at the end, cool reward

Leonhart: Same as above, and you also get to choose whether or not to bring Rosaria back to life (although they shouldn't let you use the covenant functions unless you do)

Stuff like that. Bloodborne is just "Pick A or B and depending on your choice something sad probably happens but nothing consequential happens regardless."
>>
>>337572719
>Simon gets a fair death like Eileen
>Dude who kills him is just an asshole with a bell
>Ludwig regains his sanity before dying
>Chapel dweller who falls into despair when everyone else goes mad
>Patches being patches
>Distrustful man just keeps at it
>I forgot what happens to the nun

Not saying you're wrong, but there are many with a DaS feel.
>>
File: images-14.jpg (17 KB, 363x405) Image search: [Google]
images-14.jpg
17 KB, 363x405
>>337572960
Yet every NPC is a bland copy paste of a previous DeS character.
>>
File: chalice_patches.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
chalice_patches.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
>>337573145
>Patches being Patches
>>
File: latest[1].png (366 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
366 KB, 500x456
>>337573240

No, they're well done homages to old characters, presented in a new way. You're thinking of Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>337568924
The Doll is way better than tin can ash man. What kind of question is this?
>>
>>337573352
>gets you in an area then appologises and sells stuff

Spider or not he's the same asshole as always. Kinda wish he had cut smoldering lake's bridge, him taking you to a new area was fun.
>>
File: 1453324037468.png (612 KB, 763x643) Image search: [Google]
1453324037468.png
612 KB, 763x643
>>337573554

The Doll is the best waifu in Souls history. I still can't believe they made a level up girl more QT than MiB.
>>
>>337573768
The Doll and Priscilla are my two favorite Souls girls. I'm actually thinking of going back to DaS1 with a bleed build to invade and protect Priscilla. I haven't played enough of DaS3 to determine if there is a qt worth protecting.
>>
File: image_15.png (215 KB, 350x284) Image search: [Google]
image_15.png
215 KB, 350x284
>>337573440
Karla is the same as Yuria
>same set with exact same description
>same voice actress doind the same role
>same character model
>same way you found her later in the game, saving her from imprisonment
>same "I was so raped that ugly jailers got tired of me"
>same dialogue about the falling for the dark arts and being a misfit

>but she is probably a fragment of Manus
>but muh sick references

There is Siegward who is a copy of Biorr and Siegmeyer too, Yuria who is a new Mephistopheles, that knight girl that is a lesser Lucatiel, etc.
>>
>>337574012

Nah, DS3 has no QTs sadly. Maybe Karla comes the closest, but she just sits in firelink anyways.

You could spend a few hours and create your own custom waifu, and then protect yourself if you wanna get meta
>>
>>337568924
>Now that the dust has settled.
but it hasn't.
why are you comparing a game that has been patched to hell and back and has an awesome DLC with one still in its early life and no DLC yet?
This kind of comparison is more indicated for starting a shitposting thread.
I know this wasn't your intention OP, so be more careful next time.
>>
>>337568924
Dark Souls 3
>>
>>337574213

Now you're just being pedantic. What next, you gonna bring up how Lautrec is just Yurt, Andre is just Boldwin, the Gargoyles are just the Maneaters, Eygon and Irina are just Garl Vinland and Astraea, etc etc?

Creators of media revisit themes and tones constantly. Is this your first time interacting with a work of fiction?
>>
>>337574274
What a shame. I like having wacky role-playing purposes for PvP where I can. The lack of a good qt is just insult to injury.
>>
>>337575106

Actually now that I think about it, there's Yorshka. She's pretty fucking QT. But her covenant doesn't work for shit, so....yeah...
>>
>>337574702

There's a difference between recurring themes and pure laziness, specially when the new versions are less involved with the world around them. Take the original Yuria for example, she is mentioned by Biorr and after you rescue her she talks to you about Freke, Yurt and Miralda, about the conflict between these characters and sorceries. While Karla on the other hand just keeo repeating thing about the Dark and if you take her out of the game is of no relevance to anything.
>>
>>337569108
What kind of a retard says this shit? Bloodborne is the one with replay value because the weapons are actually fucking different from eachother with more than 4 moves each

Not to mention bloodtinge and arcane actually play differently unlike faith/intelligence

+beast and kin mode
>>
>>337569108
This is the right.

Bloodborne Combat, Lore, Setting, Weapons(Trick Weapons are GOTY), Bosses and enemies, and is the harder game.

But Dark Souls 3 is also very amazing too just not as good as stated above. But DAS3 has way more build options, better online and more items to farm for and has more longetivity.

Both are amazing and worth playing. Just bloodborne is slightly more amazing.

The difference between 9.5 and a 10.
>>
>>337575749
I still don't get how they could get magic in pvp so right with the hunter tools and then immediately regress to the same old horseshit except even more useless because of how fast everyone moves
>>
>>337568924
> Now that the dust has settled, lets kick it up again
>>
Bloodborne by far. 3 is still a good game though.
>>
>>337575302
>Become a blue dude and never get summoned
>When you do people will just call you a ganking blueberry
I'm not so sure I like this situation. Also she better have personality because her appearance is not quite as qt as I'd hoped.
>>
>>337575561
>is of no relevance to anything
oh hey, that's every NPC in DS3 except for the 3 unkindled.
This game needed another year. The sad thing is it's actually getting one, but we'll have to pay $30+ for the full package.
>>
>>337569108
DaS3 is shit in terms of replay value; probably the worst in the series in that regard.
>>
Doll > Maiden In Black
>>
>>337568924
They're not objectively comparable.

Certain aspects can be compared though:
Bloodborne has better and more detailed environments
Dark souls 3 has many more weapons
Bloodborne has a less linear world
Dark souls 3 is available on pc

In terms of gameplay, bosses, atmosphere, music, etc its all subjective and somebody's personal taste could make them prefer either game.
>>
>>337576092
>over 200 weapons
>like 15 in each class
>each one is even more identical to the rest than they were in DS2
>boss weapons, which is where all the variety should be happening, have somewhat interesting movesets but suck in almost every instance

I'm about 6 runs in and I already want to stop playing forever. Doesn't help that the game doesn't get good until you're about 4 bosses in.
>>
Bloodborne makes a lot of stupid changes to the Dark Souls Formula for no fucking reason, like binding the jump button to the dodge button, and making flasks something you have to farm.

Bloodborne had a cool (though repetitive) aesthetic and the whole moon progression thing was neat.

Also yes, consolefags, it being locked at 30 fps hurts it. sorry.
>>
>>337568924
Roll roll attack
>>
>>337575841
Trick weapons are just a replacement for twohanding.
>>
>>337576402
lol
>>
>>337574702
>Creators of media revisit themes and tones constantly. Is this your first time interacting with a work of fiction?

Oh fuck off, there's a difference between this and straight up copy/pasting individual characters while changing their name.

Karla has zero reason to exist. She's Yuria without the dynamics actually associated with Yuria since the developers didn't bother actually adapting this character to a new context.
>>
>>337576292
>stupid changes to the dark souls formula
>binding the jump button to the dodge button
How new are you?
>>
>>337576292
If you're not a retard and terrible then you never have to farm for bloodvials ever, you get shitloads in some of the earliest areas of the game.
Whenever somebody mentions grinding for vials its just a massive tip off that they've obviously never played the game.

Demon's souls is worse for grinding healing items but even there its still a none issue because you quickly reach areas that shower you will shitloads of healing grass
>>
>>337576292
They went back to DeS for blood vial farming because that's really the only way anyone can really get punished for dying in these games anymore. They figured out the bloodstain thing wasn't cutting it anymore a hell of a lot sooner than B Team/whoever else worked on DS3 did, apparently.

The jump button regression was a little annoying, but seeing how they went straight from DS1 to BB they probably just didn't think about it.
>>
Replayed all of them just recently.
BB>DaS3>DeS>DaS>DaS2:Sotfs/DaS2
I'm primarily a PC gamer, but an idort still
>>
File: get in there.jpg (129 KB, 809x658) Image search: [Google]
get in there.jpg
129 KB, 809x658
>>337568924
Bloodborne for it's first half, Dark Souls 3 for it's second.

I personally prefer DS3, but you can't really go wrong with either.
>>
>>337572352
They're entirely optional, you can play the entire game without touching them and it'd be like they never existed at all.

They're solely optional content for people who wish to indulge.
>>
>>337576798
DS3 isn't about being challenging or about punishing anyone, it's about providing a moderately difficult experience and giving people as many ways as possible to completely steamroll it so they feel good about themselves.
>>
>>337575981

Selecting "Talk" again (only once per playthrough)

"May I pose thee a question?

This tower, this prison, stands tall and solitary, the contraption bridging its lower reaches long unmoving.

So... by what path didst thou here ascend?

Art thou a creature of the air, or other winged thing?"

(Options: Yes, I can fly / No, I can't fly)

Selecting "Yes, I can fly"

"Oh, my! I imagined it might be so.

Then thou'rt a dragon, or perhaps a crow?

Well, whatever thou beest, thou'rt wondrous strange, yet strangely familiar, visitor."

*Laugh*

Selecting "No, I can't fly"

"No I suppose not."

"Of course not. Think no more of my asking."

"I'm ashamed to say, I know not much of anything..."
Her personality and demeanor is cute as hell.
>>
>>337573145
The nun is Adella, and she has the best ending.

She goes full yandere if you keep accepting Arianna the Whore's blood, kills Arianna and tries to kill you while rambling like a lunatic about why senpai noticed the slut and not her.
>>
>>337573145
>just an asshole with a bell
Brador killed Laurence and took his hide, and later became an assassin for the Healing Church.
>>
>>337575863
People who use arcane at the too tier level are gods of war in bloodborne.

They quickly combo chain and switch between magic spells faster then one can imagine. And do amzing combos with top tier Gems that fuck you up.

But most players wouldnt take the time to master it.

But arcane belive me is super fucking viable at the top tier.
>>
Bloodborne honestly.

The setting and story is much more interesting.

DS3 is just more of the same shit. This time with even more references
>>
>>337568924
I liked BB more
Playing through DaS3 just made me realized how I wished BB was in 60 fps
>>
>>337569034
>ask about wich one is better on gameplay and story
>pcuck answer with the amount of fps

wew great master race faggot
>>
>>337577457
this tbhonest
>>
>>337576165
Bloodbornes world is linear the fuck are you talking about. Its like Devil May Cry 3 where you go down the tower.

Its a straight line from Vicar Amelia to Mergo Wet Nurse.
>>
>>337577109
Damn that is cute. Gonna have to seriously consider becoming a dorkmoon in spite of the perception of blues. I don't really want to support gank squads.
>>
File: stratheavyarmor.jpg (68 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
stratheavyarmor.jpg
68 KB, 1024x576
>>337569108
Yes, I beat bloodborne 3 times, even with dlc there's less to do than in ds3. The pvp is bloodborne is abyssmaly boring.
>>
Bloodborne felt more like a horror game
>>
Das3 is an unabashed rehash
BB actually has new atmosphere, mechanics, and lore
>>
>>337577547
a straight line from Bergenwyrth to Wet Nurse, you mean
>>
>>337577547
Well, aside from Hemwick and Cainhurst
>>
>Go through DS3
>Have no motivation whatsoever to do another playthrough
>Just quit and wait for DLC
I really found most of DS3 to be boring, except for the bosses
>>
>>337577384
Fucking this. They just couldnt just make another story in the same medieval setting, couldn't they? It really brought DS2 into a different/better perspective for the good and failed changes.
>>
>>337577667
Even then not really, you've still got the nightmare frontier and the hunter's nightmare
>>
>>337577838
Hunter's Nightmare is right after Amelia, but yeah I forgot that you can branch to the Frontier (and therefore the Loran Chalices) right after Rom.
>>
Why do i keep coming here at weekends? People actually claim DaS3 has more replayability than BB, this has to be a fucking joke.

I returned to BB as soon as i was done with DaS3.
>>
>>337577667
>>337577838
Theres Upper Cathedral Ward and Cainhurst too. Yet no one likes the Chalices ;_; as I do.
>>
>>337578021
Nobody's doing the hunter's nightmare right after amelia though, not unless t they've already been through it before
>>
>>337577109
>tumblr.jpg
>>
Dark Souls 3 was a safe entry in a very safe series. Going to it after BB was so jarring because of BBs uniqueness and its setting. Going back to the generic sword & board shit was incredibly boring, and the game doesnt really even try to surprise you with anything in its later stages - the entire second half of BB was a complete mystery on launch.

Apart from the reused assets that From liked sprinkling fucking everywhere, the game balance is beyond fucked as well.

Bosses and often normal enemies as well are ridiculously fast and agile while the player character has gotten barely any speed boosts from the previous games. The enemies are as fast or even faster than BBs enemies but the player character doesn't even come close.

This is quite jarring when using anything heavier than a mace, which basically means you have to use hyper armor to trade hits. This would have been cool if not for the fact that damage values have been toned up and your health values have been toned down

Covenants are a mess, most bosses are complete pushovers, the music is disappointing after BB, the linearity kills my motivation for more playtroughs, graphically and aesthetically the game is worse than BB, the PVP is garbage like always, the lore is uninteresting generic drivel and even the final boss is like 80% reused assets from Dark Souls 1, a game that came out 5 years ago.

Its still a fun game but right now its nowhere close to BB for me. Will see if the DLCs change my mind.
>>
>>337576402
Thats wrong. So wrong.

Trick weapons give variety to any combat situation.

A Great Sword for massive damage, A BloodSword that will kill you, A Bow to Sword, Long Spear to Double swords, and way more.

Trick Weapons i hope to god are in the next soulsborne game.
>>
>>337578058
I enjoyed the chalices.

I though Yharnam was one of the most fun bosses in the game, it's just a shame you had to slog through Defiled to get to her.

Even then, I enjoyed finally thrashing Hotdog. Amygdala was alright.
>>
>>337578058
Chalice dungoens are great.
>>
>>337578058
Nah, CDs are fine, they just needed more worthwhile rewards.

DS3 is a game that actually needs a CD equivalent to feel complete, since infusion mats are hard to find and there's no way of refighting bosses without NG+.

>>337578024
It's more replayable in the sense that it takes more than the minimal number of playthroughs to figure out that there's nothing fun to do in it. Same thing with DS2 really.
>>
File: 1371502427960.jpg (14 KB, 242x223) Image search: [Google]
1371502427960.jpg
14 KB, 242x223
>not now that the ash has settled
>>
>>337578161

>Oh no he grabbed an image off google without checking to see if it was from a /v/ approved website

How do you even live with such severe autism?
>>
>>337568924
Why is this game so fucking edgy?

>Protagonist too cool to talk
>Protagonist too cool to have a name
>Despite the fact that he is saving the world nobody ever asks his name
>Almost all NPCs do a tryhard "evil" laugh after all their dialogue even when it makes no sense to do so
>Try to make Abyss Watchers seem tough because they kill each other but they just seem like a bunch of retards I was literally laughing when they kept killing each other even during the boss fight
>Enemies continue to attack your clearly dead body
>Horace and especially Anri go from seeing you as a great friend to killing you for no reason
>Alternatively hurr durr marry this dying grill and we'll act like its all normal so chilling and dark right
>Eygon locks Irina in a cell to rot and die, clearly doesnt care about her, but dont you dare ask her to teach you the wrong miracle or he will come and kick your ass because muh secret love affair which he's too "tough" to admit
>Almost all sidequests end with the NPC dying wow how original and deep

Man I could keep going forever. What a joke.
>>
>>337570890
>>337571243
but that's not Adella??
>>
>>337578024
So did I. And then i realized how fucking tough BB early game is.

Deleting the patch and dlc to do the infinite echoes glitch fuck this shit.

I got the platinum and dlc trophies fuck this shi.
>>
File: Bloodborne__20160329111850_0.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne__20160329111850_0.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>337578262
>>337578278
>>337578373

Also loved this creepy fight. In every new game I make I usually alternate between main story and Chalices for the gems, get to a halt when I met Rom and end them in NG+.
>>
File: 1458143315627.jpg (17 KB, 250x245) Image search: [Google]
1458143315627.jpg
17 KB, 250x245
>>337578863
What the fuck is on your back? Looks like a chode transformed into a hammer.

>Bloodborne weapon design
>>
>>337578252
I agree with everything besides music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVHpOHQum5o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFRaZs6ri7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0LdIZ8TWYo
The best one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3xQga-2LX4
Without her footsteps this one is a bit bland, because it adds to the atmosphere.

But BB isn't bad at all, these two are imo better than any track in DaS3, but i think overall it looses a little.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0

Especially Gherman gets me all gooey
>>
>>337568924

PC gamer here.

I admit defeat. Bloodborne is better.

I have sold my $20000 gaming PC and am now purchasing a PS4. I can't wait and I'm so glad that finally Sony has given Power To The Players. I just can't believe I fell for the PC gaming meme for this long.

t. ex-PC gamer.
>>
>>337579094
I can't remember a single theme from 3 except Princes and the main theme

I can remember practically every theme from BB. I just like the style more, 3 seems to go for overbloated choirs that just sound muddled and frankly generic.
>>
>>337579025
>dissing kirkhammer
INVADE HIM
>>
>>337579025
>seeing dicks where there are no dicks
Classic pcuck
>>
>>337568924
If we are going for the

Aesthetics - Bloodborne
Weapons - Somewhat Bloodborne (few weapons)
Bosses - Dark Souls 3
Places - Dark souls 3

>>337569639
It was only good because Sony helped them with it. Just look at the particle effects in that game vs DS3. I don't understand why the effects in DS3 were shitty even after BB.
>>
>>337579190
Dont get the sarcasm. This wasnt PC vs Ps4. Just what two games are better.

Why would you play dark souls on PC anyways. Keyboard and Mous suck so you have to buy a controller. And is fucking 60 FPS worth the hackers.

Play as you like. Viedo games are for fun anyways
>>
I liked Bloodborne better but I'll just be called a Sonygger.

The art direction in BB was superior, the OST was also superior. Bloodborne technically has less weapons and build variety than DS3 but the weapons in BB are all unique and don't have copy and paste movesets like they do in DS3. Really if you cut the fat in DS3 you end up with something much more generic than Bloodborne aside from fashion which DS3 excels at.

In terms of NPC's, DS3 has good quality ones and there's more of them. DS3 wins just by an inch. Eileen and Alfred are better NPC's than any NPC in DS3 and easily entered the top 10's in the souls series.

Side areas, Bloodborne wins again simply because of Alfreds questline alone, the dragon area in DS3 is good, it's long, it has a great boss and level design and its a unique area but the Upper cathedral ward was fucking scary and horrific and had 2 bosses and Cainhurst Castle wins because of Alfred even though I didn't like the area much because snow, the level design was still great.

In terms of DLC/Expasion, nothing ever will top Old Hunters, I'm open to From trying with DS3 and I'll buy and play it but Old Hunters was out of this fucking world as far as I'm concered. It had pretty much everything in it.
>>
>>337579252
I see where you are coming from, but i think it fits the setting of DaS3. And Dancer of Boreal Valley personally is very memorable to me, that silence, her footsteps, that shok of having to fight another boss after you just fought one, that feel when you got her down to 40 %, then she swings your ass around the hall.

BB is a special gem and has more mysticism to it, while DaS3 is more straight-forward, in terms of overall design and music.

And DaS is clearly more casual than BB.

>>337579190
>he doesn't idort
>he doesn't actually like VIDEOGAMES
>he likes the platforms they are played on
lel
>>
Dark Souls 3. 30 fps is terrible. I own a PC and PS4 and I enjoy both platforms, but it's obvious that the PS4 hardware is holding back Bloodborne.
>>
File: rollreact.jpg (206 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
rollreact.jpg
206 KB, 700x700
Bloodborne
I found the replay value better. NG+5 at the moment.
>>
Dark Souls 3 is better game

but i preffer the design of bloodborne
>>
>>337568924
Dark souls is more casual than BB and its not even debatable
>>
I didnt feel the urge to beat ds3 but I replayed bloodborne like 6 times and did the expansion twice

I'm burned out on souls now anyway.
>>
>>337579758
>frames are holding back the game
>while Bloodborne looks better than DaS3 on any PC build

Yeah, keep telling that yourself, PCuck
>>
>>337580119
Just wait for BB2, desu.

Or i hope for something actually new, like Cybersouls or Nipponsouls, or Mechasouls.
>>
>>337580178
Keep believing your inferior hardware is actually superior?
>>
DS3. Much better netcode compared to BB for invasions or PvP.
>>
Everyone knows that Bloodborne just felt like a bad rip off of the Souls series, despite being made by the same company.

Bloodborne exists only as reason for people on here to justify owning a PS4, plain and simple.
>>
>>337580310
They are done. Miyazaki said unless someone from his company shows up with a better thing within 5 years, there will never be another Souls game again.

Armored Core is their next game anyway.
>>
>>337577009
They're shit, they took up time that could have gone into making the main content of the game longer and better, and there's some unique bosses in them that are good, but you have to trudge through hours of terrible repetitive shit to get to them.

Maybe I'm an autist, but I don't consider a run of a souls game complete until I've done all the optional areas and bosses. Which is fine in any other game in the series but in Bloodborne it means I have to do all the stupid chalice dungeons until I get a Queen Yarrnham kill.

Optional content that is garbage should still be held against a game. If it's not fun, rework it to make it better or make something else.
>>
I played both and loved both. DaS3 mabye wins by a little.
>>
BB>DaS3>DeS>DaS1>DaS2
>>
>>337580178
But DaS3 does look better and the 60 FPS really helps. I wish BB had 60 FPS so badly, I think it'd play amazingly considering it's slightly faster paced.
>>
BB is way harder
>>
>dark souls 3 reuses some areas from dark souls 1
>they pick the 2 places that are ridiculously fucking shit gameplay and level design wise, Demon Ruins and Anor Londo
>they rehash the Demon Ruins via a chalice-dungeon-esque feel to it with horrendous level layouts and enemy designs
why
why didn't they reuse Sens
or Parish
or anything other than fucking Anor-just run through here, theres nothing interesting-Londo or Shit-totally not chalice dungeons-Ruins.
>>
Bloodborne easily has the best dialogue in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e8udyfV91U

Oh, you are a sick puppy! You drink the blood of half the town, and now this! And you talk of beasts? You hunters are the real killers!"

"Die! Die, die! Hunters are killers, nothing less! You call ME a beast? A Beast!? What would you know? I didn't ask for this!"
>>
>>337580349
You're thinking about the matchmaking, which is as good as BB's became after ToH. Though DS3's password system is still fucked in early game areas
>>
DaS1>DaS3>DaS2>DeS>BB

BB could never be good, once you've enjoyed the Souls series on PC with 60 fps and better resolution (I own a 1440p monitor) there is really no going back.
>>
BB is better in every regard except PVP, which has always been shit in every game regardless what you have as a favorite.
>>
File: Grass crest shield.png (417 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Grass crest shield.png
417 KB, 500x500
>Dark Souls 3
Hey!! remember this weapon?how about this armor and NPC?ONION BRO4LYFE XDDD
>Bloodborne
everything was brand new

I know Das3 is like a sequel to Das1 but they could've went the Das2 route and at least re-skin the shields,armor and gear in general.
pic related it's grass crest shield with a twist.
>>
DARK SOULS 3.

Bosses:

Orphan of Kos>DaS3>>>BB

Nameless King, Champion Gundyr, Pontiff Sulayvahn, Abyss watchers, lothric lorian, oceiros, old demon king, dragonslayer armour, aldrich, dancer of the boreal valley, soul of cinder

Gehrman, Ebrietas, Gascoigne, Blood starved beast, logarius, ludwig, maria, orphan of kos, abhorrent beast, paarl

I felt that dark souls 3 bosses were both more fun, and more challenging than BB's good bosses in the base game, Ludwig was on par with dark souls 3's best bosses in terms of difficulty and quality, whereas orphan of kos remains the most difficult fight.

Area design:

DaS3>BB

World Design:

DaS3>BB, BB, has more interconnectedness, but DaS3 takes advantage of a world with visually satisfying references to other areas and doesn't have shit like the nightmare areas being teleports

Overall Gameplay Mechanics:

DaS3>BB

Melee Mechanics:

BB>DaS3

Story Progression and motivation:

DaS3>BB

Overall lore:

BB>DaS3

NPC's:

DaS3>>>>BB

Online:

DaS3>BB

Armour variety:

DaS3>BB

Weapons:

BB=DaS3, bloodborne has more in less, whereas DaS3 has less in more, personally I feel they have good balances in both.

Magic and justification for magic stats, arcane, faith int etc.

DaS3>>>>BB

BB's hunter tools come nowhere fucking near plentiful enough in terms of both offensive situational variety and utility effects for the various buff mechanics and environmental effects, it's just lacking hugely, and it's a large part of why it was so hard to justify arcane, especially at launch, other than by from simply dumping arcane scaling in trivial things

Area variety:

DaS3>BB

Final Boss:

DaS3>>BB

Quality curve throughout the game:

DaS3>>>>>BB
>>
>>337581481
What the fuck?

The only HARD DS3 boss is Nameless King, and he's way easier than Ludwig, Laurence and Orphan
>>
>>337581431

>Prolapsed asshole shield

Dark Souls 2 in a nutshell.
>>
>>337568924
BB with DLC > DaS3 with no DLC
Once the DaS3 DLC releases, I'll bet it'll become a different story.
>>
>>337569034
for me it's the weird frame pacing. Cause it's a consistent 30 which is fine for me but they're not spaced evenly or something and it's fucking annoying.
>>
>>337581559
What?

Laurence is fucking piss easy.

The only difficult comes from the aoe's after phase 2 and insane health pool, what a awfully designed boss.

I agree on orphan.

Ludwig was matched in difficult by nameless king, sulayvahn, soul of cinder, champion gundyr and twin princes easily.
>>
>>337581481
you forgot the chalice bosses.
>>
>>337581776
>soul of cinder, champion gundyr and twin princes
Nah dude.
Those weren't very hard at all
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 1024x553) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 1024x553
>>337577547
Once you get to Cathedral Ward you open up:
>hemwick
>old yharnam

Once you beat Amelia you open up:
>the DLC
>Nightmare frontier
>forbidden woods

Once you advance forbidden woods you open up:
>Cainhurst Castle
>Byrgenwerth > Yhargul >mensis

If you decide to advance into Old Yhanrnam earlier you get to visit Yhar'gul earlier

Way less linear area progression than Dark Souls 3
>>
File: BloodinDas3.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BloodinDas3.jpg
459 KB, 1920x1080
>>337580329
>>337580814
BB has better lightning
better architechture
better looking intuitive weapons
better world design
better enemy design

DaS3 is just your standard High Fantasy desu, nothing new. I don't hate DaS3, and i like more frames, but to base frames as to why a whole game looks better and you fail to see the whole picture, just baffles me.

It's like you are salty.

Just this picture proves you wrong
>inb4 mods will fix it
>>
File: 1459982372195.png (5 KB, 116x51) Image search: [Google]
1459982372195.png
5 KB, 116x51
>>337569108
I've lost count of how many times I played through Bloodborne, and I hadn't even planned to. With DaS3, I planned on multiple playthroughs but couldn't bring myself to play more than once.

I disagree about build variety, this is the main reason I replayed Bloodborne. The difference in playstyles depending on your build feels much more significant in Bloodborne than DaS3. The weapons are far more unique and their movesets are more complex. Furthermore, basically all of the weapons save for Tonitrus, Beast Claws and Stake Driver are perfectly viable.

Then there's supplementary reasons like Bloodborne's whole world just feels so much more original and interesting compared to Dark Souls repeating the same shit three times over now. They don't try to be unique from each other, they keep doing the exact same stuff over and over. The fuck is with Siegward? Is every man from Catarina a clone of each other? They don't have any other personality besides jovial moron? Don't get me wrong, Siegmeyer was great, but he was the original. Doing the exact same character over again with just a slightly different name is so fucking low I could never like Siegward at all. This is just one of the examples that pissed me off the most but DaS 3 is honestly full of lazy, fanboy pandering garbage like this. It's soulless trash compared to Bloodborne.
>>
>>337581481
>Final Boss:
>DaS3>>BB
Fuck you, I was drinking something
>>
File: protectedimage.php.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
protectedimage.php.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>337581869
and then there is this
>>
>>337569468
>Talk to this NPC at this very specific time with no indication whatsoever or you can't have the good ending!

Masterpiece
>>
>>337582019
and this

beware, all these screens are from google, so they may not represent the best quality of both games, i only want to show you how stupid it looks in DaS3.
>>
File: dollbone.jpg (16 KB, 260x416) Image search: [Google]
dollbone.jpg
16 KB, 260x416
Bloodsouls is objectively better
>>
>>337582019
I don't get why the blood effect in DS3 ended up being so much worse

it's like the enemies are showering you in faded ink
>>
>>337582103
In DS3 it looks like you fell face first into a puddle of mud
>>
Bloodborne. Online in Bloodborne acts as if you're using an invasion orb every time. Overall its the more fluid and more versatile game.
>>
>>337582019
>>337582103
Here's a screenshot I took
>>
I want know why the Moonlight Greatsword, which is supposed to be a staple for a DS game, looks so much better in BB.
>>
>>337581898
Siegward is part of the people yhorm resided as ruler over once he linked the flame.

Yhorm entrusted his sword to him, and so when yhorm was awakened to embers, tasked with recindering the flame with ludleth and the other five lords, yet neglected to do this, instead retreating to the profane capital, siegward, presumably another ashen one risen after yhorm, went after him to stop him.

The assumption here is that siegward, a former friend of yhorm is returning to stop him from laying away as a hollowed remnant amongst the burned peoples he ruled over in the capital, which is evident by the charred corpses.

What transpired was probably something to do with sulayvahn discovering the profane flame or yhorm, and something going horrifically wrong.

In many ways it's the opposite of how siegmeyer's story line plays out in dark souls 1, and it's actually really interesting if you look into it.

But you didn't.

People are calling out dark souls 3 for having shallow references, mostly a result of the shallow experience they set themselves up for.
>>
File: 1454997198114.jpg (517 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
1454997198114.jpg
517 KB, 1800x1800
>>337582293
This needs to be updated with DS3
>>
>>337576402
>straightsword turns into a greathammer
>curved sword turns into a great scythe
>claymore turns into beamcannon
>cleaver turns into a spear (can still use offhand)

Nah m8.
>>
>>337582149
Because it's not blood.

It's ash.
>>
>>337582270
Rhianna?
>>
File: 1461694102339.jpg (74 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
1461694102339.jpg
74 KB, 800x567
shhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>337582217
What's really fucking stupid is how DS3 is literally just BB's netcode with the best possible matchmaking artifacts taken from the previous games, all ruined with the gank squad priority so the children wouldn't get mad and say bad things about the game online.
>>
Like a singleplayer game, BB was better. If you are some pvp fag probably you would prefer DS3.
>>
>>337581776
>>337581559
Laurence is Cleric Beast with fire, i even summoned because i didn't hate fighting big beast bosses. Cleric Beast goes for most Boring Boss fight, imo.

Nameless King without his Gimmick Dragon would be easier.

I helped so many people there and i couldn't believe how many died to the dragon. For me it was just tedious to kill him again, just to try NK for real.
>>
Bloodborne is just cooler. The slick combat, the fast movement, the world (with the exception of the forbidden woods .. snore) and how it develops, the cool and unique weapons. Visually it generally looks a lot better as well.

When the fuck will it be ported? It'd be fucking glorious in 60fps.
>>
>>337577476
>being this much of a cuck that you accept 30fps

y-y-yes sony-kun, i guess 30 frames are ok...
>>
>>337569108

what? dark souls 3 has the least amount of reasons to play new game plus of any souls game. a few rings and a small quest or two
>>
Dark souls 3 lighting
>>
>>337582583
>When the fuck will it be ported?

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Bloodborne.jpg (276 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne.jpg
276 KB, 1920x1080
>>337582635
Bloodborne lightning.
>>
>>337582505
Did you know that there was a reviewer who was complaining about DS3 because when he was reading the messages on the ground in the tutorial part, he was sad that he had to do mechanics to play the game.

If a reviewer is like that already, what do you think about normal people playing the game then? I can't blame FROM really.
>>
>>337582406
someone earlier pointed out how the unkindled are very significant to the story.

But that's a whopping 3 characters. And only one of them DS1 reference. DS3 has a fuckload of shallow DS1 references, Seigward is not one of them.
>>
>>337580545
>This optional thing I don't have to do in any sort of capacity, that in no way shape or form hinders my experience or my enjoyment, makes me so mad!!!!1
>>
>>337582732
>lighting
>>
File: 1443549145392.jpg (207 KB, 712x497) Image search: [Google]
1443549145392.jpg
207 KB, 712x497
>>337582482
It looks like shit.

Ash is grey/white desu. Do you even nuclear?
>>
>>337582804
I don't have to play the game at all but I still do. Optional content is completely fair game for criticism.
>>
>>337582804
It does hinder my experience because the development resources that went into developing them could have been spent creating another area which I actually would have enjoyed playing through.
>>
>>337574213
When does karla ever say she was raped?
>>
File: 1461283976804.jpg (102 KB, 435x750) Image search: [Google]
1461283976804.jpg
102 KB, 435x750
>>337582293
Because it has good lore attached to it. It actually looks kosmic.
>>
>>337581823
I disagree.

People often state that gascoigne is difficult, when it actual fact he was ridiculously easy.

Similar to gehrman, he was less complex, less versatile, and less challenging than soul of cinder, and could be parried to oblivion.

Twin Princes were far more difficult than anything outside of the chalice dungeons and dlc.
>>
>>337582406
I'm sorry but you're being a moron. I didn't say anything about how his story transpired, I talked about how his personality is exactly the same as Siegmeyer's. Maybe I would've found out about these lore storylines if the world presented itself in an interesting way, but it didn't. There's too much of the same old to incite any interest for the new. Alternatively, if From (or Bamco) hadn't gone out of their way to make the questlines as obscure as humanly possible and I could've discovered them on my own instead of having to be told about them, maybe I would've been a little more interested in finding out more about them.
>>
File: WELL Kept info.png (326 KB, 1348x3232) Image search: [Google]
WELL Kept info.png
326 KB, 1348x3232
>>337582445
>DeS moonlight sword intentionally clips through shoulder
>Upon closer inspection there is a solid sword within, where the shoulder is resting
>One of the only weapons in all of souls/ bloodborne that cannot be block. Raise a shield and take the full brunt of the blow
Man, DeS was the shit. OP magic like running firestorm, OP weapons, Scraping Spear, Grass, good times.

>>337582505
The lack of a proper blue orb is annoying.
Pic related. Still waiting for my Well Kept concords.

Slightly unrelated but in BB when friendly phantoms die they have a chance of dropping items like gems. Worth summoning the NPCs in the Chalice Dungeons because of this.
>>
>>337576249
>over 200 weapons
nice lie
>>
>>337568924
They'te level. If one let me level without having to go through a loading screen, that one would be the best.
>>
>>337582293
It's a secret meme in the souls games, it's an actual cosmic artefact used by the first hunter in bb.
>>
>>337568924

I liked Bloodborne more. DaS3 felt too samey.
>>
>>337576402

Even if that were unilaterally true, you're missing the point;

>Mid string stance swapping special attack.

Why this wasn't included in DkS3 is utterly beyond me and partly why the combat remains undeniably worse in DaS3.
>>
>irithyll dungeon
>alva, seeker of the spurned is at the entrance
>alva was known for his relationship with the black witch zullie
>two npc's are located within irithyll dungeon
>one is siegward
>one is a woman, who wears black, and is arguably a witch

What did miyazaki mean by this?
>>
>>337583202
I never died to Gundyr, not champion not ludex and i don't consider myself good.

Gundyr is really slow and you can dodge all of his attaks ez. And the Parry timing for his wide swings is easy to calculate.

It's like people don't use all features in the game, thats makes it hard and i am not talking about overleveling or summoning.
>>
If we are talking just about style, BB shits on DS3 easily. EASILY.

Now with the weapons, I really thought FROM would cut the meat on this like BB. BB had the better selection of weapons sadly against any of the Souls series. Better attacks, better animation, etc.
>>
File: This guy.png (264 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
This guy.png
264 KB, 400x400
>>337569034
>>
>>337583202

SoC and Princes were a one shot for me.
Champ was 3.
Gascoigne and German were 2 and 3 respectively.

Cursed Pthumerian Descendant was like 30.

Nothing in these games is difficult until you hit FRC chalices.
>>
If we're just purely talking about PVE, I enjoyed Bloodborne more.

Bloodborne PVP ended up being pretty bad despite having a good core. It's a shame too, because a few small adjustments could have made it amazing.

>actual punishment for spamming parry, was the safest thing you could do in PVP because it staggered even if you didn't get the timing right
>tone down damage so everyone isn't two shooting each other
>blow up the bell maiden system for traditional invasions

If those thing were different, I would probably still be playing.
>>
>>337583441
DS3 is a very safe, inclusive entry that does nothing new.

Probably what happened was Okano was afraid of having the same issues DS2 had if he tried to do something new or outlandish, so during the year he had the game by himself the focus was on making a game as accessible as possible.

It was a game developed by total pussies for total pussies. Miyazaki going on and on about how he wants From to focus on new things at the same time this remarkably unoriginal game was released is no coincidence.
>>
>>337582732
>>337582635
Thanks for these, i never found a good comparison.
>>
>>337583210
And I guess hawkwood is just the same as the crestfallen merchant because of his somewhat depressive turn at the start?

Would you agree?

I personally find siegward's personality much more focussed on the task at hand, whereas siegmeyer was a bumbling idiot on his last great adventure.

Throughout the game siegward begins to express a subdued remorse and quite dialogue, this is demonstrated at the irithyll dungeon and irithyll kitchen encounters very well, he is clearly deep in thought about the task of taking down the giant, a friend, and the opening to his cutscene, "yhorm... old friend", displays a great example of this, the voice acting is somewhat remorseful in tonal delivery.

It makes sense to have a similar and recognisable accentual delivery amongst a race in the dark souls universe because it helps to reinforce a theme that the world exists and has determined locations, even if they aren't seen.

Siegward's character is very possibly an ashen one, risen by the bell just as hawkwood was, both related to two lords of cinder, this helps to justify both a timeline issue and makes the world seem less dissonant.

Meanwhile in dark souls 2 the equivalent character, benhart of jugo was largely unmemorable, his land and accent was as recognisable and his actions didn't feel tied to the games plot.

This isn't an anthology type series, dark souls 3 is a semi-direct sequel to dark souls 1.
>>
>>337580828
Not really, especially if you're decent at the game it gets exponentially easier because of blood gems
>>
>>337583865
Can you explain more about BB pvp? I never got into it because when I was playing the game, my internet connection was shitty then. So I just finished the game and that was it.
>>
File: 1435875143266.jpg (669 KB, 1920x3645) Image search: [Google]
1435875143266.jpg
669 KB, 1920x3645
Can some kind anon update this to included Bloodborne and DS3?
>>
>>337583865

The poking and footsies game in BB were amazing and every weapon could chase down runners. Shots needed to have a few frames tacked on to recovery, and charged r2s needed to be quicker. Also, there should have been a few combos for every weapon.
>>
>>337574012
Yorshka is Priscilla-tier, for sure.
>>
>>337584148

Not him, but it revolved around poking, punishing heals, parrying with shot, and using shot for attrition damage.

There were no infinites, no BSes, no poise so the game felt fairly legit. The space control and timing was spot on. There was very little beneath the hood in my experience, you just used your best pokes, whiff punished, and tried to time your shots.
>>
>>337568924
Objectively and factually speaking in terms of gameplay and combat, BB > DaS3.
>>
>>337584570
And there were no gank squads then?
>>
>>337574012
>you're never able to give Priscilla back her doll
Life's cruel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxhMIBOnYbE
>>
>>337581481
>meaningless rankings with no justification

Why do people waste their time with this shit?
>>
>>337584194
How bout you update it you lazy bum.
>>
>>337584786
ganking in BB was a joke. Taking on 3 people was the same as taking on 1 to me. Just back off if they start bullet spamming. other than that, it's a grand ol' time
>>
I must have beaten bloodborne honestly about 20+ times. It was so fucking fun and the world sucked me in so bad i was hooked.

Dark souls 3 started good then it just got.....boring. Idk. The areas were all so dull and uninspired. So much content from other games that nothing felt fresh. Over half the boss fights were incredibly dissapointing. No less than three fucking shit poison swamp levels. I cant even be bothered to go i to ng+ to unlock a diffrent ending desu senpai.
>>
>>337584786
gank squads were sort of possible, but nowhere near as abundant as they are in DS3 due to how you can only get invaded by two people before you'd have to die and resummon your butt buddy to continue.

3v1s in general however are fucking 10/10 in BB. You'd think that DS3's would be just as fun since the game goes out of its way to match you up with them but they can't hold a candle to them.
>>
File: 1417573744505.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1417573744505.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
DaS 3 as a game is better, but BB easily has a better atmosphere.
>>
>>337584786

Ganks in BB were rare. People who wanted PVP would just ring the bell in specific areas designated for PVP and the vast majority of matches were all 1 on 1 duels.
>>
>>337585067
3 poison areas? There's only 1, unless you're counting bonfires. Which if you are, that's splitting hairs
>>
>>337585067
This hapoened to me too. Funny how I reach my third playthrough in DS2 until I started to get bored. And is not souls burning because I have replayed since then and with joy DeS and DS1.
>>
>>337585027
>>337585142
>>337585176

This is fucking weird then, did Miyazaki direct DS3 or not? Because from what I'm seeing here is that BB had more freeform to it compared to DS3, and without the bullshit as well. Maybe he got scared of how people reacted to invaders in previous games?
>>
>>337585246

Not him but Profane Capital has toxic swamp and Farron has poison swamp. Is basically the same fucking thing. You are forced to go slow and poisoned.
>>
>>337585067

I agree. I have over 400 hours in DaS1, DaS2 and Bloodborne but for DaS3 I reached 100 and dont want to play anymore. The exploration was somehow worse than in Bloodborne where everything was a blood vial but in DaS3 is recycled weapons and armors from the previous games.

I am hoping the DLC is 100% new content.
>>
>>337583202
>Twin Princes were far more difficult than anything outside of the chalice dungeons and dlc.

Horseshit. I died more to Cleric Beast of all things than to Princes, who I killed on my second attempt.
>>
>>337585416
Miyazaki has fuck all to do with pvp balance. He had two co-directors with him, and Tanimura was involved with all that shit for DS2 so chances are he took charge of that aspect in DS3.

That aside, Miyazaki doesn't really seem to give too many fucks about DS3. The only things he's said about working on it personally involve how he went back for armor variety (which funnily enough sucks in 3) and how he made the start of the game easier because people complained about BB's difficulty.
>>
>>337585416
No my friend listen.

Invaders in DS3 could only invade people who are embered up.

And no one spends the entire game embered up they only ember up when they want to summon someone because embers are limited.

So as an invader your always inavding gank squads by design(no one is embered up just for fun). The only way to fix the gank issue is by from patching that retarded idea and let you inavde people who are not embered up equally.

It was a bad design flaw. Or maybe it was purposeful i dont know.

Bloodborne you could invade whoever you want within the summoning range. And usually most people didnt have gank squads cause summoning people took too fucking long. Bloobornes online system was shit until the Old Hunters Patch and DLC
>>
>>337584786
The game gave you far better tools to deal with them though. Everyone had the same number of vials and it was just generally easier to outplay a group of people.
>>
>>337585416
Sorry, but online in BB was atrocious, I don't care for you retarded miyazaki comment but there was a laundry list of problems that took a while to/never got sort out:

>invasion areas dominated online play to the point where there was literally no point even bothering in non-invasion areas
>heal spamming tediousness
>online was broken and very hard to summon for for a long time
>co-op largely had little incentive
>bell lady system encouraging ganking, and also discouraging invasions in non-nightmare areas
>health penalties

There's really little doubt that of all the soulsborne games, BB had by far the worst online.
>>
>>337581431
Yeah, they could have went the DaS 2 roue and outright spouted the memes. YOU'LL DIE OVER AND OVER XDDDD DEATH COUNTER HARDCORE GLORIOUS JOLLY INCANDESCENT INTERNET MEMES XDDDD
>>
>>337585953
>embers are limited

My nuts they are. I've had around 100 total so far. Gave 30 to a friend, and use them whenever. I've never had an ember issue
>>
Bloodborne

>more original
>better atmosphere
>better gameplay

Dark Souls 3

>better performance
>better PvP (still shit btw)
>>
File: 1462150304456.jpg (14 KB, 250x214) Image search: [Google]
1462150304456.jpg
14 KB, 250x214
>>337583823

>HMPH HMPH LIKE THAT BITCH HMPH HMPH YEAH GIVE ME THAT ASS HMPH HMPH HMPH
>>
>>337585824
Cleric beast was ridiculously easy and slow.

Twin princes are far more agile and aggressive, they're in another league.

Seriously, the only difficulty from that boss came from the health pool at his position in the game, he has the exact same problems laurence has.
>>
>>337568924
I prefer Bloodborne. Both are pretty great though. Finally playing SotFS and holy shit is the drop in quality noticeable.
>>
>>337586004

>co-op largely had little incentive

It was fun.
>>
>>337585953
I don't think the Ember system is to blame for the ganking issue. Demon's Souls used a basically identical system and didn't have these problems. There's less incentive to be in Ember form than in Human form in Demon's Souls I guess, but there's still incentive and you revive after killing a boss.

The game is clearly weighting invasions towards players with phantoms. I've played through three full Dark Souls 3 playthroughs in Ember form the entire time and only run into invaders when I have a Dried Finger on. I think I've had maybe one or two people invade me without it.
>>
File: 1459327391285.png (518 KB, 797x530) Image search: [Google]
1459327391285.png
518 KB, 797x530
>>337586006
>>337581575
you missed the point but who cares MEMEEEEMZ DZ2 SUCKZXZ XDDDD B TEAMZ LMAO LOL MIEMEAZAKY SAN BIG M
>>
>>337585875
Bruh Bloodbornes early game is hell. If you fail a boss fight you spend the next 20 minutes farming your way up back to 20 blood vials.

And when the game first came out the online system was complete shit so summoning people wasnt even a option.

And theres only so much punishment you can take from a game before going fuck it.

50 percent of all players quit before beating Vicar Amelia. 40 percent gave up at Papa G.

After Vicar the game becomes easier cause of the money you make per kill lets you simply buy bloodvials not pick them up. But fuck that early game is like a super filter.
>>
>>337586004
1.) Not true you could pvp in chalice dungeons or literally anywhere except maybe the very beginning of the game
2.) lol learn2parry
3.) for 1 week
4.)except you got echoes and lost nothing if you failed
5.)did you get ganked hard in BB and are still salty? Gank spanks in BB were easy tier where as in DaS1/3 they can be pretty difficult to spank
6.)welcome to the souls series. At least in BB the host could cut his health to match the invader's if he wanted to duel
>>
>>337585875
>>337585953

Well that makes sense then. But I doubt they thought that the online in DS3 was going to be this way.

>>337586000
I'm watching some invasions right now in youtube and from what I'm getting from it you're kinda right, dealing with groups doesn't look as bad here as DS3.

>>337586004
I'm just talking about the gameplay perspective of pvp. Not how to connect part.

>>337586084
Quite true. I have 300+ embers from invading and that's why I keep thinking how is it that hosts have all the advantages still when it's actually so easy to get embers in this game.
>>
>>337586246
meanwhile in DS3 we have all these covenants with two tiers of rewards that either don't work or just aren't fun.

>>337586298
ok. I'm not sure what this adds to the discussion but yeah I basically agree
>>
>>337586084
Your first playthru man. The only time i embered up was to summon people. Like everyone else.
>>
>>337586298
I thought early-game blood vial farming was easy as fuck thanks to the two werewolves on the bridge and the few big guys sprinkled throughout the area. Although I ragequit after the three amigos boss fight so what do I know.
>>
>>337585246
Faron keep is poison swamp
Area before ocerios is poison swamp
And another poison swamp in the level you fight yhorm in with those ringu spider sluts
>>
>>337585432
>>337586636
fair enough then. Is that really a bad thing though? At least they were all different in design
>>
>>337586582
I remember those fucking spiders coming from nowhere. XD
>>
>>337586004
Your forgetting the biggest issue.

Chalice Dungeons max blood gems.

I was and am a try hard. i win every fight just because my weapon hits so fucking hard i can go blow to blow and come out on top.

Ganking was never an issue so eh in BB.
>>
>>337581898
what's wrong with stakedriver, is it the primed charged R2?
>>
>>337586472
>dealing with groups doesn't look as bad here as DS3.

It really wasn't. I went into every gank in Bloodborne with the expectation to win even if the host and the phantoms play their best. Unless they were better players than me, chances were that I would get them like 95% of the time.

In Dark Souls 3, you have to hope they screw up. They often do given the type of player who relies on summons to get through the game...but if everything goes right for them, gankers should get you.
>>
>>337586262
>I've played through three full Dark Souls 3 playthroughs in Ember form the entire time and only run into invaders when I have a Dried Finger on. I think I've had maybe one or two people invade me without it.

This. I went an hour without popping dried finger and no one actually invaded. When I popped it, I was invaded non stop in SL120. You'd think invaders were hungry or something with how frequently it happened.
>>
>>337586783
The light swamp (road of sacrifice) and the dark swamp with poison (Faron Keep) are the same shit.
>>
File: 1451791694061.jpg (199 KB, 566x700) Image search: [Google]
1451791694061.jpg
199 KB, 566x700
>>337577195
Best Girl
>>
>>337586783
>different
not in any way that really counted.

Garden of the Consumed King was just shit from 3 different areas all stuck together in a tiny, disappointing space, for example.
>>
>>337586262
Your probably right. I dont disagree.

Its just in my opinion since you can only invade ember people your almost garaunteed to run into ganks. Since embering up is the only way to summon phantoms
>>
>>337568971

this
>>
>>337586865
High tier Bloodgems were such a blessing for invasions, but they kind of ruined duels. The game was balanced around it being harder to hit people, but the damage someone with a full compliment of 27.2 gems could put out was just fucking nuts. One slight mistake and you're basically done.
>>
>>337569345

But you've never played Bloodbourne, how can you rate it?
>>
File: oh sweet hunter.jpg (122 KB, 591x710) Image search: [Google]
oh sweet hunter.jpg
122 KB, 591x710
>>337577195
>>337587036
my niggas
>>
File: 1448453903618.jpg (554 KB, 969x915) Image search: [Google]
1448453903618.jpg
554 KB, 969x915
>watch ENB play through of BB
>he enters a boss gate
>FPS literally drops to 1
>takes him 45 seconds to cross the gate
>close the video
>>
>>337586582
Yea but it got repitivve

I laughed so hard when you said three amigos.

Fucking Shadow Wraiths go back to LOTR fuck you guys doing here.
>>
File: 1450410075085.png (158 KB, 800x618) Image search: [Google]
1450410075085.png
158 KB, 800x618
>>337587214
>>
>>337585953
I have more embers than any other item in DaS3. I sell them for souls atm.
>>
>>337584102
You're getting really finicky with the details now but it doesn't change the fact that he's clearly based on Siegmeyer, and they clearly did that as an act of pandering to stupid fans. Compare that to Eileen, Alfred, Valtr, Arianna, Adella or whoever, they couldn't be considered rehashes of anyone in the series. They are likeable because of their uniqueness. They are new and fresh and that makes them more interesting by default and that makes them more likeable as well. There's Patches which I'm critical of myself, and to a lesser degree the hobo because the whole "killing NPCs in the safe zone" shtick is getting overdone but at least his personality is still unique.

I was disappointed with Hawkwood, somewhat pleased to see that they did something more with him, then disappointed again at how short lived and half assed it was.
>>
>>337587234
it's not hard to not die to shadows of yharnam, just don't and you're good, fampai :^)
>>
File: Dont tease Adella.jpg (215 KB, 650x584) Image search: [Google]
Dont tease Adella.jpg
215 KB, 650x584
>>337587487
>>
>>337577195
The first time i noticed her peeking over when talking to adella creeped me out.

Such a tiny moment, such impact
>>
>>337586869
The charged R2 is its saving grace, because its fucking cool.

I mean, it's fine for PvE, the range is awful but you can get around that in PvE, but for PvP it's extremely impractical and you're only going to catch retards with the R2.
>>
>>337587056
I actually think it's a really good system. To a certain extent, invasions SHOULD be weighted towards players with phantoms in their world. I know everyone thinks that they want 1v1 invasions right now, but let's be real, those are kind of fucking boring.

The Ember system, on paper, is a nice risk reward thing. I wish the HP loss was a little bit more, but at least it gives some incentive to make yourself eligible for online play unlike the Humanity system.

...the problem is that they're not just using the system to balance that out, they're artificially putting in a weight towards players with phantoms on top of that. It completely removes the "risk" element. A player in Ember form without phantoms should be just as likely to be invaded as a player with them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.