[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
What went wrong?
>>
Reusing of levels
No playable Decepticons
Unintuitive weapon loot management

It's still a very good game
>>
>>337568164
Feels to much like a reskin of Bayonetta
>>
the only real problem the game has is that like 90% of its length is in the first two missions

game's fun as shit, I know some people would whine that it's too short but I mean I replayed it like four times in a row so that wasn't an issue for me
>>
The main story is only 5 hours long, and you can't use Decepticons
But damn, those 5 hours were the most fun I've had in a game since Bayo 2, and the music was amazing
>>
>>337568164
Loot system in action game. Destroys balance, makes management a pain. Detracts from just playing.
>>
>>337568164
Bit too much focus on vehicle attacks
Weapon upgrading/looting fits better an rpg
Combos are bit weird
Slight camera problems
No other individual Stunticons except Motormaster.
Megatron transforms into a tank, not a gun

Sequel when?
>>
Nothing went wrong. A game like this would have gone to some ultra shitty small time western dev in the past and you wouldn't even be talking about it.
>>
No Arcee
>>
No grils
No decepticons
Weird drop system instead of buying upgrades like normal
>>
>>337568164
transformers
>>
Diablo loot system doesn't work well and is just plain annoying when you have throw out all the trash you've picked up after a level
Short story mode, but in it's defence it's fun to replay as other characters
No playable decepticons
Will never have a sequel because the story continues in a fucking comic, which is sad because the game's a solid 8/10 and probably the best action game to come out in 2015
>>
>Takes a derivative combat design and makes it much worse by adding more hitstop time than actual game length
>Terrible, convoluted menus and pseudo-RPG systems
>Boring levels
>Platinum's standard of locking essential moves behind upgrades for no reason at all
>Weapons all feel the same
>Loot grind makes the combat pacing terrible, you're either slapping people with wet paper or killing them in one hit, but both feel identical because of the aforementioned hitstop
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op9pCvYdmI8
>>
>Transformers: Devastation
>Main antagonist is Devastator

really Activision?
>>
Shitty camera
Bumblebee to OP
Faux open levels is stupid
Shitty top down part
Upgrading and looting system is stupid
No Decepticons
>>
>>337568164
>What went wrong?
Activision, short game, still full retail price
>>
>>337569679
But it's not
>>
>>337569028
leia arcee or psycho arcee?
>>
>>337569476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spE4H6FAjj0
>>
>>337568701

I distinctly recall one song from like, mission 6 or something that was on fucking point. I'd love to find the soundtrack but I only see some boss battles on youtube.
>>
File: 1368423447447.jpg (70 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1368423447447.jpg
70 KB, 500x667
>Start the game on the hardest difficulty available my first time
>My asshole when the first fight with Devastator
I eventually grit my teeth and got gud but holy shit I didn't expect Platinum to come out swinging like that.
>>
No Decepticon campaign dlc

Seriously.... Why the fuck not?
>>
>>337568164
way to short for the price, reuses the same 3 areas, no lock on
>>
>>337571719
Please tell me that dog's okay
>>
It's a platinum game

Meaning it's short, meant to be replayable, and you may or may not bitch about the gameplay by being a casual
>>
>>337572569
I bet they were considering making them playable but ran out of time.
>>
>>337568164
Too expensive
And loot kinda sucks
>>
>>337573825
I would have traded a playable megatron for all the loot systems. Most of his move set is complete, so it shouldn't have been too much work.
>>
>>337574067
It's $25 now. You have no excuse unless you're a poor white guy.
>>
>>337574263
I mean when it was still full price. I end up pirating it
I still kinda want to buy it, but I don't want to lose my loot
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.