[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 Weapon Skills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: dark_souls_3.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_3.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
What are the best weapon skills in DaS3?

Parry is obviously the best, but I would like to discuss the others, especially the unique ones.

>Stance and Hold
Super useful skills that really put the cherry on top an already strong group of weapons (straight swords, piercing swords, katanas)

>Crescent Blade/Sacred Light/Stance of Judgement/Unleash Dragon
The projectile attacks are great for adding a bit of range to your melee game, but all of them, except Sacred Light, have a slow wind-up making them useful for PvE only. The skill is fun though and I often forget about my melee attacks when zapping other players.

>Morne's Rage vs. Wrath of the Gods
Morne's Rage is surprisingly good for PvP. relatively quick activation and hyper-armor means it actually has a chance of hitting.
Wrath of the Gods is pure shit. Extremely long activation with no hyper-armor until the sword has been plunged into the ground and then an extra delay after that until the actual attack happens. It's not even useful for PvE.

>Ember and Profaned Flame
Ember has a pretty good AoE and although Profaned Flame doesn't seem to work the same as Stomp the attack is effective. The fire buff is great, but I would have preferred to have the option to apply my own buffs.

>Bloodlust vs. Oath of Sunlight vs. Warcry
Bloodlust is a disappointment, especially when compared to Warcry. Animation is long and causes self damage. The 30% boost to attack is nice, but not for the cost of activation. In comparison Warcry has less of a boost to attack, but its activation is faster and gives off a stunning AoE, doesn't cause self damage, and it adds a new moveset.
Oath of Sunlight is my favourite of the buffing weapon skills. Only adds a 10% boost to attack/defence, but the buff remains if you equip another weapon, not the case for Bloodlust or Warcry, and it doesn't overwrite other weapon buffs (does overwrite some non-weapon buffs).

What are everyones thoughts on weapons skills?
>>
Those non-parryable spinning attacks. Having a non-parryable attack is pretty useful because of all the parry fags abusing low risk high reward.
>>
>>337558323
>parry fans

R1 shitter detected
>>
I love the hollowslayer greatsword's r1 so much that I forgot that weapon skills existed for like half the game.
>>
>>337558157
Bloodlust is the best for those moments where you walk up to a 4v1 and everyone just stares at you. Just pull out your trusty sword and kill yourself.
>>
File: 1374923763681.jpg (160 KB, 422x422) Image search: [Google]
1374923763681.jpg
160 KB, 422x422
>>337558323
>gets parried because he spams r1
>resorts to using spinning attacks that only work against other shitters

the great thing about dark souls mechanics are the tons of traps shitters fall into. shitters always seek the easy shortcut, and so they will stick to shields without rolling, spam a single attack and pray their enemy doesn't know how to counter it, and they will always use the most popular weapon and then wonder why everyone knows how to win a fight against them. it's always the same with shitters. they don't git gut, so they use the cheapest possible way to at least win every other fight, but by doing this, they never learn and stay shit forever, and so they stick to the easiest way forever. it's an endless cycle, very similar to the dark souls lore in general.
>>
Claymore's skill R1 is great for fucking up shieldfags
>>
I wish Perseverance lasted a little longer (only lasts about 2-3 seconds) as it is another buff that continues to work when equipping a different weapon. Would have made the Cestus the very best off-hand weapon.

Does anyone know if Galvanize stacks with Green Blossoms? If it does it may be worth equipping a Warpick in the offhand of a heavy weapon build.
>>
>>337559279
>tfw "gud" players are maybe 1% of the population
>tfw I can effortlessly dominate the other 99% of the playerbase by using these "traps"
>tfw I can fight toe to toe with these "gud" players if I do really simple shit like delay my r1 "spam" by a few seconds because the netcode is shit
>tfw the pvp will never actually work

So, in short, you're a fag.
>>
im dominating with a bandit knife and sidestep

its hilarious when they come waltzing in there with their giant weapons and armor
>>
>>337559290
All swords with the Stance skill make shields a joke. Lothric's Holy Blade has the sacred light beam for its R1, but its R2 is the shield breaker, I've found it to be a pretty good all-round style sword, though a little on the weak side.
>>
What are the best side stepping daggers?
>>
>>337559676
I would imagine the standard dagger, wiki says it has a critical multiplying of 130.

Manikin Claws also have Quickstep and deal a little more damage than daggers.
>>
Unrelated, but has anyone had issues with the last patch?
The game used to run flawlessly, but after the patch I'm getting odd hiccups. The game just freezes for a half a second every couple minutes. Enemies freeze too in PvE, but I've been vulnerable in invasions when this shit happens.
>>
>>337559676
Use a Hollow Bandit's Knife+10 with Carthus Rouge. It's like Bloodborne, man.
>>
>>337559525
I'm not even a good player, and so far I haven't been killed by r1 spam, even without trying to parry.
usually, when I fight attack spammers, I just equip a spear, estoc or any high-range stab weapon and just poke them to death. those people literally know no tactics besides their one trick and simply give up when they notice it doesn't work anymore.

and that's the thing with shitters: they force you to use nothing but counter tactics, resulting in an easy win for you, but neither you or him gained anything in the process.
>>
>>337561293
>two-handing a dagger

why is this even a thing, it looks out of place
>>
>>337561548
>I just equip a spear, estoc or any high-range stab weapon and just poke them to death
>estoc
YOU are the R1 spammer.
>>
Farron Greatsword spin 2 win isn't technically a weapon art, but it's still very good. High damage, difficult to parry, good stun potential, hard to punish. Gr8gr8gr8
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.