[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decide my fate, /v/. I'm stupid and I don't know w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: ss (2016-05-12 at 02.25.11).png (619 KB, 613x629) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-05-12 at 02.25.11).png
619 KB, 613x629
Decide my fate, /v/. I'm stupid and I don't know what to do with my life.
Which game(s) should I dive into during my 3-moth College break?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10207260
>>
Or suggest me something else, idk.
>>
>Spelunky
shitty La Mulana ripoff
>>
>>337553743
World of Warcraft
"Pure Hero " run: No heirlooms, no exp boosts, all expansions, no team-ups, no dungeons. Just helping the good people of the Alliance/Horde

Alternatively:
Every Pokemon game in order.
>>
>>337555295
Fuck man, I always feared World of Warcraft when it was the thing back then because I JUST KNEW I would've loved it so much to the point of no return (I have one friend that has spent 4,000+ hours on it). I, though, played it until Lv. 2 and said "fuck it".
Is it still good? Is it not dead yet?

Also, the Pokémon games I've already beaten them all. I actually have suspended/incomplete reruns on all of the Pokémon games I listed on the poll, I even forgot to include Red on the list.
>>
Ignore every response suggesting a game.

You have three whole months to do anything and in the age of YouTube there's no excuse not to learn something you always wanted to do.
Make music, films, art, games? Three months is more than enough to be capable of making something in any field if you knuckle down and DO something.
Also is your college course really what you want to do with your life? I hope you chose something you actually enjoy.
>>
>>337556118
I'm actually going to spend a lot of my time working on the game of my dreams. I already have worked on multiple games for almost 10 years so I feel ready for this, but just recently I cleared Cave Story, jumped back to Spelunky and started playing TF2 and Rocket League with some friends and I think found the joy of playing video games again after almost 1 year of vidya abstinence because of intense College/anxiety; so I might as well vent out and chill with some games while I'm back at my hometown. Also, due to my shit grades I can already see myself getting forced to have particular classes or get a job, so I would like to find some games to chill. My hometown friends are a bunch of homos LITERALLY obsessed with Melee and LoL so I might have to rely on single player games.
>>
>>337556118
About my College degree, I'm currently studying Computer Science and I excel the actual degree-related classes but the "common trunk" courses are a fucking pain on my ass. I fucking failed Math I, for fuck's sake... but whatever.

It's kinda cool that you suggested me to work on an ability, thanks senpai.
>>
>>337555505
I'm just really starting it, but it's surprisibgly fun, despite the overwhelming prominence of "Go here, kill/collect this/these"

However, saying that, I am a sucker for that level up *ding* and a large mostly-open world

Regarding Pokemon, you could always go through the generations and play a popular ROM hack version of each game.
There are some really good ones out there.
>>
>>337556964
>Pokémon ROM hacks
No thanks, if I'm actually going to play Pokémon I might at least want to keep my team in a box for eternity.
>>
File: 1461557652254.png (166 KB, 264x314) Image search: [Google]
1461557652254.png
166 KB, 264x314
>>337553743
>Half life 1-2 and new vegas having that many votes
>>
>>337558221
It's /v/. If OP had thrown Deus Ex or Mother 3 in there they would be leading as well.
>>
>>337557185
Fair enough.

How about KotOR then?
Fists of Fury run
>>
a little off topic but id like to print out spines for my psx games that where ruined. like print out the original ff7 cover and spine.

any sites and reccomendations or tips?
>>
>>337558835
Dunno. I do know a site that does this for N64 and other Nintendo games.
I bet /vr/ would know more about this. Otherwise, Google is your friend, I guess.
>>
>>337554235
That list all meme games IMO.

You play any Final Fantasy? Those games take up a lot hours and have lots of content both ingame and out.

You could also try some MMOs like others have suggested, or get into Monster Hunter, which has a huge amount of depth and challenging combat with fun online.
>>
>>337560371
I don't like turn-based RPGs, I only put up with Pokémon games because of how retardedly easy they are and because I like Pokémon in general.

My friends love Monster Hunter but I feel like I'd be so behind them if I started now. We already agreed to get MH Cross when it drops (if ever). Do you think I should upgrade to a New 3DS for it? I currently have a fully-working 3DS XL.
>>
>>337560736
>not liking turnbased RPGs
Oh boy

>should I upgrade
I would. I went from 2DS to N3DSXL and the change in the performance was amazing. My brother went from 3DS to N3DSXL and said there was also a marked difference.
>>
>>337553743
Hey! I just got on a 3-month college break! Where you from?
>>
>>337561001
I really don't care about faster load times. The only 3DS games I plan to play in the near future are Kirby TD and PR, Pokémon Su&Mo and MHX, and DS Pokémon games in glorious lossless big screen; but idk if that's enough excuse to buy a N3DS XL, those are still kinda expensive, plus I'm saving for a new PC.
I know MHX will benefit from the N3DS's C-Stick, but idk if I'll even like the game.
>>
>>337561318
Monterrey
>>
>>337561370
It isn't just load times, FPS in battle is much better on the newer console. Plus the C-stick is a must have IMO.

I think there's a demo on the eshop if you wanted to try it out.
>>
>>337561823
Thanks senpai. I'll think about it.
>>
>>337561472
oh ew
>>
File: file.jpg (16 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
16 KB, 330x330
>>337562284
ikr
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.