[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Choose.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: Arcade vs Super vs Genesis.png (340 KB, 3200x896) Image search: [Google]
Arcade vs Super vs Genesis.png
340 KB, 3200x896
Choose.
>>
First one

Only baddies need two swords
>>
>>337538793
SNES and Genesis have no hydrants
>>
Arcade is king, SNES is a good port, but the Geneis has the best soundtrack.
https://youtu.be/6s9gFb03suo?t=1m41s
>>
>>337539230
They're also missing the fire escapes in the backgrounds. The sidewalk in the Genesis version is laughably bad.
>>
>>337539230
>>337542089
Actually they do the screen is just slightly smaller so you have to walk to see it.
>>
>>337538793
Genesis can't into color
>>
Anything but a Genesis, please
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (458 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
458 KB, 900x1366
>>337538793

You can only really choose between Arcade and SNES. Hyperstone Heist was more of a "Best of" collection of previous levels throughout the franchise.

Graphically, the Arcade version is superior. More frames, more enemies, 4 players.

SNES is better in terms of content and gameplay. The combat was revised so that there's actually weight to the attacks unlike the Arcade version where you're just flailing your weapons around. Being able to initiate a throw maneuver at will is also a big plus.

The extra levels and new bosses are also a welcome addition to the game. It's a shame that it doesn't support 4 player multiplayer.

Personally, out of the 2, the SNES version is the best version available of TiT.

But I much prefer the combat and music in Hyperstone Heist. The addition of a run button, and Konami's mastery of the Genesis sound chip makes it a worthwhile playthrough, especially since you're not going through the same levels in TiT. The combat is just as refined as TiT and it also has its own share of new content and boss fights.

I wish there was a version that combined the best elements of all 3. Arcade's 4 player multiplayer and animations, the new content from the SNES version and content from Hyperstone Heist, and Hyperstone Heist' dash button.

If there's one thing we can all agree on though, is that Ubisoft's remake was trash and a disgrace.

I now leave you all with a treat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztNYk8zOzSg
>>
File: discusted4.jpg (32 KB, 367x523) Image search: [Google]
discusted4.jpg
32 KB, 367x523
>those right 2 images
>>
File: April compare.png (305 KB, 3200x896) Image search: [Google]
April compare.png
305 KB, 3200x896
>>337544047
>>
>>337544641

Damn, that upgrade in the genesis version

And i ain't talking about the background
>>
File: compared.png (381 KB, 3200x896) Image search: [Google]
compared.png
381 KB, 3200x896
>>337544641
>>
File: Big Apple and the Sewers.png (383 KB, 3200x896) Image search: [Google]
Big Apple and the Sewers.png
383 KB, 3200x896
>>337544704
>>
>>337544641
least she has huge boobs in all three versions
>>
>>337543261
You're full of shit about those background fire escapes, bro. They are clearly not there. I'm talking about the apartments in the far background, btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOjZdImVLdQ
>>
File: normpepe.jpg (208 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
normpepe.jpg
208 KB, 858x725
>its a /v/ bullying Genesis again episode
FUCK OFF NINTEDOLLERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS
>>
>>337545607
>arcade version is visually superior
>genesis version has better music
>nintendo version...exists???

no one is a nintoddler here.
>>
SNES has the more refined controls.
>>
>>337538793
Arcade's soundtrack is weakest, and it's missing the best stage (Technodrome).
SNES has been a favorite since I was a kid.
Genesis is a pretty odd mishmash, and I was a bit let down because I was expecting something completely unique.
>>
>>337545712
genesis
better music?

please, elaborate...
>>
File: 90060-turtles-in-time.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1218) Image search: [Google]
90060-turtles-in-time.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1218
>>337538793
SNES version is objectively the best since it actually improved upon the arcade version in terms of the stages and bosses and had more content.
>>
>>337540786
>Arcade is king, SNES is a good port, but the Geneis has the best soundtrack.

You probably played the genesis version and thus have nostalgia for it, becauase I have no idea how anyone can otherwise prefer the genesis version over the snes one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYJd6aEkwvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gNUPllu514
>>
>>337545806

Genesis has the same refinements, but with the addition of giving the dash its own dedicated button.

>>337545972

Konami is fucking Elder God Tier when it came to the Genesis soundchip.

No one else competes on their level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5fwuZwsex0
>>
>>337545454
I was referring to the hydrant.
>>
>>337546154
Don't even respond to the nintarded faggot. The ellipsis says it all.
>>
>>337546154
i'd say that the SNES and GENS are on even pace, they both manage to hit that konami BEAT the same.
>>
>>337546580

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing that one is better than the other. I enjoy both versions (personally I prefer the sound of the Genesis more), I just hate when people say that the Genesis version is complete trash when it's clearly not the case.
>>
>>337546789
i just hate when people say one is better than the other in respects of multplats back in the day.

though, shit like MK2 music wise did sound shittier on GENS. same with sound. it should have worked more, but that was the 32X version.
>>
>>337547238

There are definitely some garbage as fuck ports with terrible music. I won't argue that.

But when it comes to Konami and their work on the Genesis, anyone making those claims is being ignorant.

The 4th gen console wars are long over. It amazes me how there are still people out there trying to seriously wage childish console wars instead of just discussing the differences.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.