[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a comic book series that has had better vidya adaptations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: Spider-Man4.jpg (59 KB, 650x354) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man4.jpg
59 KB, 650x354
Name a comic book series that has had better vidya adaptations than Spider Man

Protip: you can't
>>
The X-Men.
>>
File: fabldlxv1-dj_100.jpg (329 KB, 772x1124) Image search: [Google]
fabldlxv1-dj_100.jpg
329 KB, 772x1124
Fables
>>
Batman could be argued but the Spider-Man fan boy in me says you're right.
I pray to God that the sucker punch spidey game rumor is true.

Also Web of Shadows had the best combat.
>>
File: dragon ball v1.jpg (46 KB, 300x449) Image search: [Google]
dragon ball v1.jpg
46 KB, 300x449
>>337535565
>>
File: sucker punch spidahman.jpg (309 KB, 1742x456) Image search: [Google]
sucker punch spidahman.jpg
309 KB, 1742x456
>>337535565
>web swinging perfected on the ps2
>every spiderman game on the previous 2 (two) generations have had sky swinging

yeah, nah. To fuck up such a core mechanic is unacceptable regardless of how nice it might look or how 'functional' it may be.

>>337536289
>I pray to God that the sucker punch spidey game rumor is true.
dont we all, the only issue is ill have to buy a console but im more than willing for a goat spiderman game

>Also Web of Shadows had the best combat.
my fucken nigga, that game didnt have a great story or good webswinging but ill be damned if they didnt get the combat right. The only developer to realise a guy who can lift a car doing one on one fist fights like hes the batman is silly and instead decided to utilise his acrobatics, speed and webbing to make combat spiderlike. The only downside was how repetitive it could get at times but for the first attempt at that style of combat for spidey it was golden.
>>
I played the first PS1 Spider man game recently.

Held up surprisingly well over the years my only beef is how the camera work. And some areas being an absolute pain to get though. But otherwise I liked it enough.
>>
File: 37588-Spider-Man_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg (55 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
37588-Spider-Man_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg
55 KB, 500x496
>>337537479
IM ALREADY AT FULL HEALTH
>>
>>337537584
Yes Peter. I know.
>>
File: Cinderella.jpg (95 KB, 292x394) Image search: [Google]
Cinderella.jpg
95 KB, 292x394
>>337536189
Cinderella is best girl.
>>
>>337535565
what are you, stupid? the Batman Arkham games.
>>
File: 1457833760398.png (173 KB, 500x471) Image search: [Google]
1457833760398.png
173 KB, 500x471
>>337535565
>Arkam Batman series
>>
>>337537707
>>337537584
one thing that game cover shows is just how tiny a man climbing a skyscraper really would be. Just look how far down below the road is and how much further he probably has to climb, why does no spiderman game ever give such a sense of scale in their cities? it always feels like you can free fall to the bottom within a second or two
>>
>>337538092
I like how there's a story reason because "Lol mist" but also PS1 limitations prevented them from trying to pull that shit. So they just went "You might be Spider-man but even you wouldn't survive from this height if you fell. So don't"
>>
>>337538541
i came when i played the second game and they gave us this tiny two block sand box to roam around and fight crime in, it was such a tease to show what a free roaming spiderman game would be like at that time.

This spiderman game had a pretty great story, nice villain roster, varied missions from a stealth hostage situtation to all out helicopter missile chase. If sucker punch recreate this story i wouldnt even mind
>>
So why the hell did they get Bruce Campbell to be the tutorial guy?
Was he already at the point where he'd do voice work for five dollars and half a sandwich?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.