[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The least fun/interesting parts of your favorite games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: 1436326482910.jpg (159 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1436326482910.jpg
159 KB, 621x621
>tomb of giants
>O&S
>>
>anon couldn't handle Simon And Garfunkel
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
chapter 1
>>
File: bitcher.png (119 KB, 800x315) Image search: [Google]
bitcher.png
119 KB, 800x315
The space station before you get to the first planet in KOTOR 2. No thanks

And the swamps in Witcher 1. Dreaded them in 3 but they turned out okay.
>>
>>337523290
>>337523385
Hah.
>>
Ornstein and Smough are really fun, though.

Tomb of Giants is OK, it's just the skellington dog things that are really fucking annoying.

Lost Izalith sucks balls. Those statue flamethrower things you have to fight ten million times don't even drop anything.
>>
>>337523385
I just reinstalled KOTOR 2 the other day, the space station is fucking SHIT in every way
>>
File: forbidden_woods_map.jpg (242 KB, 839x755) Image search: [Google]
forbidden_woods_map.jpg
242 KB, 839x755
xcus me wile i just run thru tbqh w/ u fampanion
>>
>>337523547
At least the entire remainder of the game makes it worth getting through. And you get it over with at the start.

At least that's what I'll say to get me through it when I eventually replay for the billionth time over the years.
>>
>>337523093
I literally never finished DS1. I beat DeS and DS2 (Haven't played 3 yet...)

I made maybe 10 characters in DS1, NONE ever passed the tomb of giants. The game really gets boring after you have the lord vessel.

I went to the DLC area, the archives, the lava place... but just couldn't get myself to go through the tomb of giants.
>>
Skyrim
The main quest line. I did it too often, there's no fun left to be had. Also I hate Delphine, fucking bitch wants me to kill a bro dragon so her faggy friends will help me by being cannon fodder for dragons. No thanks.
>>
>>337524160
after I already work through the catacombs to grab the important stuff and hit pinwheel going through the tomb to do the exact fucking thing again (and fight pinwheels again, and say hi to the gravelord again) but wait! it's darker now! turns me the fuck off

at least areas like darkroot and anor londo have things to look at and explore, tomb of giants is like shoving your arm shoulder deep into a septic tank or a cow's ass
>>
>>337523738
Uh I think you made a mistake. You meant to post Yahar'gul.
>>
>>337523738
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed Forbidden Woods the first pass. Yeah it was large but there was that element of discovery that made it amazing.

Of course the discovery is gone on your second playthrough and it turns into a slog every time
>>
>>337525163
Finding the ayy lmao and the path to Iosefka were mind blowing enough to make the whole area seem awesome.
>>
>>337523093
>>O&S
OP confirmed faggot.
>>
File: 1460231266735.jpg (32 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1460231266735.jpg
32 KB, 604x604
>>337523093
>Conquering the map in Mountain blade
>>
Baldurs Gate 2

Irenicus's Dungeon
>>
>>337523093

>Deus Ex
>None of it

>Morrowind
>Nothing comes to mind currently

>Doom 2
>THE FUCKING CITY LEVELS

>Super Metroid
>The very beginning, game doesn't get fun until Crateria

>>337524235

Your favorite game is Skyrim? How can you find so much enjoyment out of that game, it is inferior in every single way to its predecessors discounting graphics, which is too obvious.
>>
>>337525163
What the hell was up lore wise with that underground cave leading up to Iosefka's? Why was that there? Why were there massive graves and giants and shit down there? It felt incredibly surreal and out of place.
>>
>>337525443
>How can you find so much enjoyment out of that game

5 years of constant modding, friendo

it's nearly playable
>>
O&S is the last great part of the game.

It's all good, but that fight is the most difficult the first time through. Everything else is cake.
>>
>das lost izalith
>das 2 lost bastille
>das 3 farron keep
>ff viii esthar
>castlevania sotn inverted royal chapel
>call of duty 4 shipment map
>>
>>337525443
I've stuffed my Skyrim with tons of mods to bring in new flavor after the game lost its own. So many new things to do. Almost 900 hours played, I know there's lots of people with more, I've seen someone with 2000+. Pretty much did every fucking quest at least once.
nowadays it's filled with all sorts of adult mods, I haven't done a quest in a long time, everytime my character would die she gets raped instead
>>
DaS3 and BB were completely fantastic.

But man, DaS1 and 2 were completely trash. Really want to play DeS someday.
>>
File: 1459824492453.png (136 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
1459824492453.png
136 KB, 400x266
>He didn't like fighting Drake & Josh
>>
>>337525695
Agreed, game goes to shit after you get the lordvessel.
>>
File: 1463113353714.png (249 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1463113353714.png
249 KB, 500x376
>He didn't like fighting Thunder and Thighs.
>>
>>337523093
>fighting the bandits with an elephant theme
>they steal because they need lots of money
>to invent space travel

It's the worst part of the game but it's still comfy as fuck.

>the Zora temple in Majora's Mask

>Persona 4 hours long intro
>>
What exactly were their names again?
>>
>>337524958
>tomb of giants is like shoving your arm shoulder deep into a septic tank or a cow's ass
That's actually the best description for that place that I have ever seen, it just feels almost nauseating to go there even if you know where to go. Easily the most anti-fun area in the game, and that's really an achievement when you think about how shitty Demon Ruins + Izalith were.
>>
>>337523093
Pikachu and Snorlax are an awesome boss and by far the best fight until you get to Gwyn who is a total pushover.

O&S are the best bosses in the base game, DLC obviously has good shit like Kalameet and manus, but after you get the Lord vessel everything is down hill

Seath has one fucking attack that's easily dodgeable and is only remotely hard if you want to tail cut him because only the tip counts and his tail swipes can one shot easily if you're not careful

Bed of chaos is a joke fight not even worth covering

4 kings are mediocre and an uncharacteristically braindead encounter, you're punished for dodging versus just facetanking with poise and grass crest shield. It's actually faster to just take the damage from their attacks and chug in between kills than it is to bother rolling and spawning more kings

Nito is alright but is super easy especially if you do him last like I normally do, he just dies too quickly to have any effect and his summons AI is awful.
>>
>>337525443
>Super Metroid
Protip: start a new game, sit through the exposition. Once you're on Ceres, reset. The game saves at 00:00 on Ceres, and you can start from there anytime by copying your save.

Alternatively, if you don't like Ceres (and if you don't like escape sequences, get the fuck outta here), you can beat it, wait for your ship o land, and instead use that as your copy/paste save.

And there you go. You never have to be bored playing Super Metroid ever again.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.