[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever discovered a bug or glitch that benefited you in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10
File: 1458934740060.jpg (77 KB, 531x558) Image search: [Google]
1458934740060.jpg
77 KB, 531x558
Have you ever discovered a bug or glitch that benefited you in a video game?
Did you keep it to yourself or tell others about it?
>>
Nothing that didn't turn out to be already well known.
>>
I figured out a way to crash my entire wildstar server using a bug with the report system.

I did it like 6 times in a few hours, then sent a bug report
>>
File: BuriedUnderDozeAsses.jpg (33 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
BuriedUnderDozeAsses.jpg
33 KB, 642x361
>>337516740
I found a way to dupe materials in the original Monster Hunter. I was everyone's favorite motherfucker when I logged on because I'd just give away rare materials for good hunts.
>>
Missingno, like everyone did
>>
>>337516740

not really benefit, but I found a glitch when I was playing Mario 64 DS that made it possible to duplicate Mario's hat over and over until the game crashed.
>>
>>337516740
A deal's a deal
>>
>>337516740
I remember finding a glitch in Destroy All Humans 2 that made me invincible until I turned the game off. It was probably the reason I was able to finish that game when I was younger.
>>
>>337517416
With the snow level, right? I think everyone did this.
>>
I discovered the D2 paladin glitch that allowed 3 auras to stack instead of 2.

I got my auras up to +20 and went fucking berserk in cow games by stacking level 40 fanat, conc, and might

anyone I was near killed everything in one hit, even if they were using something shitty like a buriza or some random WW barb

bear in mind that this was very early in the expansion, long before any powerful rune recipes were released

it was patched about 3 months later, I never told a soul, so I was pretty unhappy
>>
>>337516740
I abused the physics in THPS4 until game crashed once. That needed cheats though.
>>
>>337516740
I reported it right away. Cheating and exploiting is for casual weaklings.
>>
>>337516740
I found out that in Castlevania SotN if you land in the middle of an attack animation, the animation is cancled and you can instantly attack again, Also discovered a bunny hop in Jedi Academey if you strafe jump while spining the camera in the direction you are strafing. Its hard but you can use it to skip massive areas of the games if you build up enough speed
>>
>>337517602

yeah, yeah. I was a loner kid so I probably just never knew anyone else who played it.
>>
>>337517797
Same. I was the only kid who's parents had enough money to buy a DS until the DS Lite came out.
>>
>>337516740
I've encountered many (at the time) undocumented exploits but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I usually experiment until I figure out what's going on under the hood and then I report it.
>>
>>337516740
stealth recall as shaco in league.

back when you could get tp down to 3.5 seconds with the mastery, you could even do a complete stealth teleport!

the trick is to queue up your recall immediately after you press Q. before the animation even goes off, this grace period works for twitch too.
>>
File: 1461989850250.png (312 KB, 645x313) Image search: [Google]
1461989850250.png
312 KB, 645x313
Duping legendaries in Borderlands 2 then going from room to room dropping them off for everyone to enjoy
>>
>>337517595
How about you share with the class? I was meaning to replay that.
>>
Yeah I found a way to disable the Waterwraith in Pikmin 2 by abusing the Bitter spray
>>
I could never 100% recreate, but semi frequently my pet in WoW (BC) would have its "mend pet" buff up for like 7 days in duration instead of the couple seconds its supposed to be

what I would do whenever it happened was agro a popular flightpath like the one in westfall, kill the elites, and kite the guy to a random as fuck place. then I would just put my pet on passive and go afk for ages. this way no one would have access to the flightpath until it died (never) or someone found me and killed me

I think I tried getting more than one flight master at once but I never succeeded because people's mains would catch up to me

did a lot of griefing shit back then but thats the only thing related to a bug
>>
File: 1460596554231 (119).jpg (418 KB, 1440x2032) Image search: [Google]
1460596554231 (119).jpg
418 KB, 1440x2032
>>337518196

WHAT
>>
>>337518413
pvp servers in a non-competitive game

sociopathic behavior being addressed by more sociopathic behavior

the human race
>>
>>337517991
i ended up using a Save Editor for Borderlands 2, made my perfect weapon and jus tignored all the tedious min-max stat comparing.
Realized the game was shit outside of that.
>>
>>337516740
One of the reasons EQ was one of the best mmo's ever.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1cu85g/so_i_managed_to_break_wayfarer_foothills_today/c9k51q9
>>
In Spyro 2 I randomly shot up in the air which allowed me to get to a ledge and pick up an orb. It was in that first overworld, I forget the name. I have never found a cheat that would cause this online, and I still have no idea what happened.
>>
>>337518484
IIRC, the Waterwraith freezes in different frames, meaning the rollers freeze some few frames before the main body. If you can desync the two of them leaving the body frozen but the rollers exposed, you can attack the rollers and leave it in the coward state.

Another little easter egg, the one that follows you before floor 5 is literally the same one you encounter in floor five.
>>
File: logical conclusion of fast.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
logical conclusion of fast.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>337516740
maybe
>>
>>337519407

so wait, if you kill it on the first floor do you not have to fight it and does it drop its treasure on the first floor?
>>
I discovered a mining exploit a decade ago in Runescape that let you mine with any pickaxe with the effectiveness of an Adamant pick. I currently know an exploit that lets you extract nearly your daily limit's worth of runite from a divine runite rock with no help. I don't know if either of these is well-known.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 145x112) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 145x112
Wavedashing.
>>
Back in Halo:CE me and a buddy were playing on Blood Gulch, I was driving circles around him. He threw a plasma on one of my tires, and I went flying like superman. Never been able to recreate it.
>>
File: 1454776404530.png (249 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
1454776404530.png
249 KB, 358x358
I discovered a bug on combat arms that gave you billions of gold after a match

>made it public on some forum
>gets patched
>everyone who abused it got reverted
>the people who got reverted were given a free case as an apology
>legit players got nothing
>>
>>337516740
I don't know to what extent it counts, but I found out you can "stick" frag grenades into Hornet cockpits in Halo 3 if you shoot out the window first.

A lot of people tried to get me banned for cheating when I killed them that way.
>>
>>337519975
>Friend doing strafing runs at me in a Banshee
>Throw down a plasma nade on the ground
>Throw a 2nd on top of the 1st
>The 2nd nade gets propelled into the air and sticks to the banshee

You could also make a rudimentary mortar that would shoot in an arc if you placed them right. Fun stuff.
>>
May not seem like much but i figured out a way to duplicate items in fable 2 by abusing lag and coop and if you had enough money. If your coop partner killed a traveling merchant at the same time the host accessed them it would cause a weird glitched state where the inventory of the merchant would never decrease. This could be exploited by selling a few items to the merchant and buying an infinite stack back. It was pointless but i found it hilarious when it first happened by accident.
>>
I will probably sound like that kid right now but
In STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, in the Army Warehouses, there's a specific house that's empty, save for the kitchen at the very back and a broken floor infront of the entrance of said kitchen. If you sprint 3 times over that hole, you'll hear the sound of a weapon hitting something, and if you look down you'll see a Vintar.
>>
>>337519741
If you kill it on the first floor somehow, yes it does not reappear. I'm not sure if just damage carries over into the other floors.
>>
>>337518639
tumblr please
>>
File: hpbug_1.jpg (76 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
hpbug_1.jpg
76 KB, 500x379
This one did not help me at all. I took this picture in 2006 if I remember correctly.
>>
I found an item duplication glitch back in minecraft alpha. Of course online everybody probably already knew about it but I didn't until I found it myself. It was just the one where you threw items at a wall really fast and they started duplicating because why not. None of my friends knew about it either so they all wondered how I could suddenly build a castle out of diamond blocks
>>
File: 1443821474955.jpg (18 KB, 295x208) Image search: [Google]
1443821474955.jpg
18 KB, 295x208
long time ao i used my gameboy advance sp with sonic advance 2, started the game and the save was at 100% for some reason, when i rebooted the game it had my last save, that never happened again and i have never heard something like this before.
>>
>>337516740
Yeah I'm exploiting 3 different bugs in Black Desert Online right now. Nets me a ton of silver. I haven't told anyone about them.
>>
Made a modded gun in borderlands which fired 4 bullets a time and it was an smg with an insane fire rate. Also each individual bullet exploded or something similar to that. Made it for shuts and giggles at first but I realised if you fired it in the air for more than 4 seconds it crashed the hosts xbox and kicked everyone out of the game. Went around duping it for people until I got bored.
>>
I discovered a bug in Fallout 2 that causes the final boss to stand still and not attempt to attack you.
>>
>>337516740
In dark souls 3 if you summon the sword master for the Dancer fight, let him die and quit as soon as he dies then resummon him and he'll have no hitbox allowing you to sit back and let him solo the Dancer.

Easiest 50k souls ever.
>>
In GTA V during the Prison Break finale heist, you can fly in circles and the jets won't be able to zero you in.
Makes it easier for the pilot and the demo who has the Buzzard chopper can help the ground team kill the NOOSE team in the prison.
>>
>>337519847
more about that daily limit from a runite rock?
>>
For anyone playing GT6, there's a bug regarding a certain custom track build that jacks up your car's oil and gives you massive amounts of Horsepower.
>>
>>337520128
Also in Halo 3 if you crouch jump over something and uncrouch at the correct time you will deal the same sort of displacement/roadkill damage as dropping a box in forge from a moderate height.
I was unable to kill someone with this in multiplayer but it definitely works on destructible objects.
I'm not certain if it doesn't work on players or if the window is too narrow to be of use on a moving target.
>>
There was a glitch in Gears of War 3 where you could use your primary weapon with the Boltok Shield. You could basically use a shotgun one-handed while also being protected by the shield.

i was never able to reproduce it before it got patched.
>>
Was like 7 years old found a glitch in Donkey Kong country 2 I believe it was, Was a minecart level If i remember correctly it was something about either jumping in or out of the cart a certain way dont remember if it was the first cart or jumping into another cart from one like halfway through the level but essentially you had like an infinite jump in the air you can keep spamming only issue was you couldnt complete the level because it required you to be on the tracks with the cart. did it like twice and never again was hard to recreate at 7 years old.

Secondly in Ragnarok Online some pay2win private server with overpowered donates that you need to stay competitive with or else you werent relevant I found a way to drop untradable/undroppable donation gears onto the floor which was supposed to be impossible to do. Like I didnt even know that certain gears even had a sprite for falling on the floor was pretty crazy. In RO characters have a weight limit.
So you reset all your stats and your weight limit is reduced to like 2100 or something but if before you did that you have like 4000 or something weight it doesn't get rid of your items you just cant pick up anything since the weight is literally over the limit when resetting.
What I did was use a decarder npc that unslots the cards from your items and it returns them to you. using that since you arent allowed to pick up any more items the thing you decarded literally drops on the floor I was shocked to see donation gear/sprites on the floor. Some random tried to steal it from me since he saw it I begged him not to run away and we spent the next 2 hours trying to recreate the bug and we did.

That set the door open for an uncounted amount of black market type deals on that server and it didnt get patched till several months later I only told like him and 1 or 2 other people and im sure many others knew later on.

Sorry for long story im kinda drunk
>>
File: sal amanders.jpg (23 KB, 469x340) Image search: [Google]
sal amanders.jpg
23 KB, 469x340
In GTA4's online, you could get a helicopter and if you flew into this one statue you could clip under the map. If you went to far down though you would resurface. But if you stayed a perfect level you could basically resurface into building where other players can't shoot you, but you can shoot them. I used to just resurface in the airport hanger so i could camp there and blow up anyone who tried to take the helicopters. Would always get people really mad

Also, not much of a glitch, but In MGO2 you could max out your CQC and infinite grab people if you threw them down right before they would be able to escape the grab. I would join like hour long matches and just grab a person until they quit.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.