[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's up with the obsession with first person shooters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: FPS.jpg (267 KB, 556x400) Image search: [Google]
FPS.jpg
267 KB, 556x400
FPS's are /v/ most currently hyped games.

What the fuck happened? Why is shooting things over and over so popular in the west? First person shooter games is repetitive brain dead gameplay.
>>
>why people like things I don't like
>>
>>337515727

LOL
>>
File: 1462687102442.png (172 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
1462687102442.png
172 KB, 500x348
Shooting at a thing to make it die has been a thing since probably pre-Atari

Besides, the real in thing now is cinematic action games with linear upgrade systems and maybe some basic stealth gameplay.
>>
>>337515727
you forgot the anime reaction pic dumbass
>>
Overwatch and UT are amazing
BF1 and Deus Ex will be great
CoD will be shit
DOOM is a fucking joke, its almost satire
>>
>>337516095
Holy shit Fuck off shill
>>
>>337515727
This bait isn't even funny. Everyone knows that overwatch isn't even a shooter
>>
>>337515727
Is it the 90s again?
>>
There's gonna be a revival. marc my wors
>>
FPS is one of the bet type of games, because you are in the game 1:1. You cant see whats behind you, and you have to look around to examine your environment
>>
>>337515727
Because, we are finally getting good FPS games for the first time in fucking forever that were not just rehashes or yearly sequels, and the age of Halo and COD being the only FPS games anyone gives a shit about might finally be over. I say fuck yes.
>>
Shooters are what sells. Everything with a budget has to be a shooter to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I will say that at least all of those games except Deus Ex are completely honest about what they are. They don't try to force some dumb MACHUR story that feels out of place with the fact that you're killing hundreds and hundreds of people.

And Deus Ex is one of the few games that subverts the problem, since even if you go through the game being a dumbass killing everyone you probably don't kill that many people. The game rewards thinking outside the box and avoiding unnecessary killing.
>>
>>337516095
>bf1 great
>cod shit

Fucking summerfags.
>>
File: 1463059470686.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463059470686.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Shooters are quite pure games. There is no extra layer between the enemy and you, like in a hack and slash for instance. In those you press certain buttons to make the character do a stretched out animation. Then the enemy takes damage. In a shooter the feedback is instant, you press the shoot button at which point you're shooting at the enemy. It is entirely dependent on your ability to aim and position yourself. There aren't camera issues because you are the camera. Movement is immediate and clear cut
>>
>>337516095
Do you get paid or are you naturally retarded?
>>
>>337516095
>Overwatch and BF1
>good
>hopping on the COD and DOOM hate bandwagon despite the fact Doom 4 is at least an improvement than 3
The fact that you used Overwatch and UT in the same sentence reveals how much of a fucking casual you are.
Stop pretending you know things about games.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.