[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've recently replayed this game and I have to say outside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: BLES00932.jpg (933 KB, 2000x1080) Image search: [Google]
BLES00932.jpg
933 KB, 2000x1080
So I've recently replayed this game and I have to say outside all of the mechanical improvements that came with DaS and its successors this still feels like the most complete Souls experience in my opinion.

The atmosphere is amazing and you really feel like you're on a grand adventure in a broken world, something that other Souls games tried to recapture but in those everything feels so gamified that you sometimes forgot what Souls used to be about.

What's your favorite Souls game?
>>
lol i dunno man they all gooood
>>
>we will never get another Demon's Souls
>just Bloodborne (which was shit)
>or Dark Souls (which was even bigger shit)
>>
File: Mandatory Souls Games.jpg (306 KB, 1198x827) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Souls Games.jpg
306 KB, 1198x827
Dark Soul is my favorite (also the one I played first), and Bloodborne is probably my second favorite, followed by Demon's Souls. I can see any of those three being somebody's favorite, but the mechanical improvements put the other two above Demon's Souls for me and I feel like they all have a unique atmosphere to them.

There's still a lot I appreciate about DeS though, I love the cerebral touch to the game's mood and a few other things. Something small that represents what I like about it is how magic is worked into the setting. Dark Souls feels like it has sorcery just because it's a fantasy game and that's what you do, but Demon's Souls actually works it into the story and background of the world. Having it be an arcane mystery to the characters contributes to that cerebral atmosphere I mentioned before, too. Reminds me of Berserk.
>>
>there are people on this board right now that actually enjoyed Bloodborne (aka people who suck major dick)
>>
>>337516117
was fun up until amelia
>>
>>337516197
was fun when I uninstalled it 10 minutes into the game

what the fuck does Miyazaki think this is? His edgelord artbook from highschool?
>>
File: Bullying.png (324 KB, 850x531) Image search: [Google]
Bullying.png
324 KB, 850x531
>>337516309
Don't be mean.
>>
I've been playing Souls games since the chinese release of Demon's, but I still feel like DaS1 is the best one. DeS gets a lot of love (/v/ being hipster as FUCK helps too) and deservedly so, but it's very much a foundation that they built on, rather than the pinnacle of Souls games.
>>
File: 067 - HDZoCUi.jpg (434 KB, 1999x1999) Image search: [Google]
067 - HDZoCUi.jpg
434 KB, 1999x1999
>>
>>337516117
>>337516197
>>337516309
NEVER EVER
>>
>>337518289
never ever what? never ever gonna finish chalice dungeons because the game is so fucking boring and dark and depressing?
>>
>>337518462
> triggered by bloodborne because of the miscarriage

fuck off ENB
>>
>>337519198
Lol, he did had a problem with BB themes didnt he?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.